Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2011, 02:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Way to fail on logic.

The poster you are referencing did not say anything about "any liberal", or "any conservative." They are referring to Bush/Obama. There are quite a few well educated/respectable conservatives out there, but they are certainly the minority among people with post graduate educations.

It is an undisputed fact that Bush got legacy points, which by their very definition means he relied in part on family ties to get in. Obama certainly cannot be said to have had such family ties.

It is also clear that Bush graduated with gentleman's Cs and considering Obama gained admittance to Harvard law, chances are he did a bit better then a C average.

Btw Bush ended up lost his flight status and ended up leaving the national guard.
Yep, chances are that he did better than gift Cs but we don't know and it seems to me that he likes it that way. If not he would allow us to see his records. Are you really sure that he graduated from either of those schools?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 02:33 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yep, chances are that he did better than gift Cs but we don't know and it seems to me that he likes it that way. If not he would allow us to see his records. Are you really sure that he graduated from either of those schools?
Where are Palin's scholastic records?

Old 01-07-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Why would someone post something they already know to be Untrue? Oh, wait, now I remember.
Casper
Maybe Janelle sees Snopes as just a bit left leaning like factcheck.org the way I do.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
This thread makes me wish we could give negative rep points.
Boy do I agree with you. I could have given out many, many of that kind.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:38 PM

198 posts, read 400,245 times
Default Harvard J.D. Admission

You are not familiar with Harvard admittance standards? :Welcome to J.D. Admissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
A little something like being the head of Harvard Law Review rather points to him being a stellar student. He also graduated first in his class. I suppose that might count for something.

I've read the whacko conspiracy theories about how he gained admission to Harvard Law, but I think he did it the same way my brother in law did.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:39 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
He was on Harvard law review. You don't get on a prestigious school's Law review unless you are the cream of the crop. And Yes I am sure Obama graduated law school because under Illinois state law you have to graduate law school to take the bar, which Obama did. Furthermore to get into law school you need to graduate college.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:43 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclaurin View Post
You are not familiar with Harvard admittance standards? :Welcome to J.D. Admissions
Can you clarify your point here, please?

My point was that I think that Obama gained admittance the way that other students have....by applying and going through what my BIL has described as a fairly grueling process.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:45 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,447 times
Quote:
I don't think so but it is surely the way they do things in Daley controlled Chicago. Create a $300,000 job and stop it when the one it was created for leaves to live in the White. BTW, Michelle took the lady with her when she went big time. Maybe you could check that on FactCheck.org
She worked at the University of Chicago a private hospital. What would Daley have to do with how big her paycheck was? You're getting all chalkboardy here and ignoring the actual facts surrounding that situation.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:46 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,447 times
So this time next year when all the (R) are hanging from Romney's bag are we gonna bring up his education. Seems dangerously close to that of Obamers.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
His autobiography is a best seller. Anyone wanting to "fill in the blanks" on Obama can do so pretty easily. Those wanting to just go with whatever some radio jock tells them have an easier time of it, though.

In a very biased manner.
Anyone who fills in the blanks that are so broad and many would certainly be a bit stupid to do it with the man's biography that was possibly written by another man who used to blow up government buildings or parts of them. I sure don't read biographies to learn truth since bias could influence what a man says about himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies