Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support legislation to view an ultrasound before an abortion?
Yes, they need to see it and I hope it reduces the number of abortions 38 24.68%
No, I don't think it would make a difference in the number of abortions 7 4.55%
No, I don't want gov't interfering in this area or I support the right to choice 104 67.53%
Maybe/I don't care 5 3.25%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 12:00 PM

47,023 posts, read 26,075,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I honestly think that the pro-choice people have this mental block that prevents them from realizing that a fetus is actually a living, breathing human being.
Breathing?

Quote:
Who denies science again?
Those who claim fetuses breathe would probably be on the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 12:09 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,660,457 times
I don't think some who have abortions realize they are murdering a human being and maybe if they see that human being they would realize the horrible thing they are doing that they should not be allowed by law to do, but we have idiots making laws these days. One should not have the right to choose to murder another person. Don't you think it is time we call abortion what it is? It is pure and simple murder of a person who has a soul. That is not a little puppy dog in there. Puppy dogs get more protection in our society than human children. This is a shame on our country. Heaven help us all.

Our country and its abortion laws makes Hitler look like Cinderella!

Old 01-08-2011, 12:19 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,890,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Our country and its abortion laws makes Hitler look like Cinderella!
Mmm. As a Jew, I take extreme offense to that comparison. You need to study history before you make such an outrageous and ignorant comment. I realize you want to express yourself emphatically, but try to think before you speak.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:32 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,660,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Mmm. As a Jew, I take extreme offense to that comparison. You need to study history before you make such an outrageous and ignorant comment. I realize you want to express yourself emphatically, but try to think before you speak.
I see your point. I really meant to say that the abortions in this country are worse than the number he murdered and I want you to know that I love Jewish people and think he was horrible, but our nation and the number of abortions they allow are much worse than Hitler. And yes, I was just wanting to open some people's eyes who think it is just a woman's choice. The woman had a choice before she did the act that caused the pregnancy. Once you start the process to make a human life the choice should stop. It then becomes murder of a person who is even more innocent than the Jews who died. They were up walking around and could have rioted and defended themselves. This baby in the mother's womb is defenceless. I don't think I will ever understand what happened in WWII. Hitler is totally to blame, but it was like a sheep to slaughter. I am sorry it happened and would never want to offend a Jewish person, but I probably have again and I apologize, but I do think what our country is doing today is worse than Hitler. How do we stand by and let this keep happening. Abortion is barbaric and uncivilized at best. It should be a criminal act and that is the shame of this country that it is not.

The only thing I see causing this is that little phrase, "A woman's right to choose." No person should have a right to choose to murder an innocent human being. Shame on the USA and its barbaric laws.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:39 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,755,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post

Suggested viewing: 12th & Delaware.........HBO documentary which demonstrates very clearly what the real "purpose" is behind attempts to require an ultra sound.....
I don't care. My views are developed independently of any external media.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:42 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,890,574 times
Quote:
I see your point. I really meant to say that the abortions in this country are worse than the number he murdered and I want you to know that I love Jewish people and think he was horrible, but our nation and the number of abortions they allow are much worse than Hitler. And yes, I was just wanting to open some people's eyes who think it is just a woman's choice. The woman had a choice before she did the act that caused the pregnancy. Once you start the process to make a human life the choice should stop. It then becomes murder of a person who is even more innocent than the Jews who died. They were up walking around and could have rioted and defended themselves. This baby in the mother's womb is defenceless. I don't think I will ever understand what happened in WWII. Hitler is totally to blame, but it was like a sheep to slaughter. I am sorry it happened and would never want to offend a Jewish person, but I probably have again and I apologize, but I do think what our country is doing today is worse than Hitler. How do we stand by and let this keep happening. Abortion is barbaric and uncivilized at best. It should be a criminal act and that is the shame of this country that it is not.
If you count an aborted fetus as a human life, then yes, I see your point -- Americans "kill" more people than Hitler did if you are speaking only in terms of numbers. However the specific atrocities committed against living, breathing, CONSCIOUS and THINKING children and adults, while they either witnessed atrocities being done to others, suffered themselves, or as the case usually was, both, are far more horrible and defy comparison. You cannot reduce such evils down to sheer numbers.

Nazi soldiers would take a toddler by each leg and rip him in half in front of his parents and other witnesses. The toddler is a thinking, feeling human being and so are his parents as are the other witnesses. You cannot compare something like that (and that is only one teensy example) to the abortion of an 8 week old fetus who neither thinks nors feels. The evils of Nazi atrocities are unmatched in scope. This is true, no matter how horrible you may think abortion is.

There have been other evil tyrants who wreaked unspeakable atrocities on a large group of people -- Hitler is not the only one and the Jews are not the only victims. None of these can be compared to abortion.

Personally, I find abortion a moral issue that should involve a lot of soul searching and careful thought, but we have to stop with the moral equivalencies. Some things really are worse than others.

p.s. As for Jews rioting and defending themselves, you need to learn about the Warsaw Ghetto uprising. Lot of good it did in the end. I know it's warm and fuzzy to think of babes in the womb as defenseless and Jews as guilty (though that is also an ignorant way of viewing the matter), but there were no Jews "guilty" enough to deserve what happened to them, and that seems to be what you are implying.

p.s.s. Some women are raped -- so much for choosing the act that got them pregnant. Last I heard, pro-lifers were in favor of prohibiting abortion even in the case of rape.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:02 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,756,705 times
Quote:
I see your point. I really meant to say that the abortions in this country are worse than the number he murdered and I want you to know that I love Jewish people and think he was horrible, but our nation and the number of abortions they allow are much worse than Hitler.
I find the bolded to be condescending - and I'm not even Jewish.
Quote:
And yes, I was just wanting to open some people's eyes who think it is just a woman's choice. The woman had a choice before she did the act that caused the pregnancy.
Not always.
Quote:
Once you start the process to make a human life the choice should stop. It then becomes murder of a person who is even more innocent than the Jews who died. They were up walking around and could have rioted and defended themselves. This baby in the mother's womb is defenceless. I don't think I will ever understand what happened in WWII. Hitler is totally to blame, but it was like a sheep to slaughter. I am sorry it happened and would never want to offend a Jewish person, but I probably have again and I apologize, but I do think what our country is doing today is worse than Hitler. How do we stand by and let this keep happening. Abortion is barbaric and uncivilized at best. It should be a criminal act and that is the shame of this country that it is not.
You do realize that, before Roe v Wade, it WAS a criminal act in many states? Thankfully the SCOTUS ruled that a woman has the right to decide whether or not her body should be used as an incubator for a child she doesn't want.

Quote:
The only thing I see causing this is that little phrase, "A woman's right to choose." No person should have a right to choose to murder an innocent human being. Shame on the USA and its barbaric laws.
Murder is still illegal and rightfully so. But abortion is not legally considered murder. Because, whether you agree or not, a fetus is not considered legally a human being.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:32 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,326,442 times
What's wrong with having an expectant woman view an ultrasound when considering an abortion? If doing so will reduce her chances of going through with the abortion, then what is the problem? We should be doing everything we can to reduce abortion rates and keep them at low levels.

I can certainly understand if the pregnancy was the result of rape or if the woman's life is danger or if the pregnancy will cause psychological problems, but if the woman is out having unprotected sex with multiple men and wanting to use abortion as the easy way out, then I personally don't see how that can be a valid reason for abortion. Pro-choice people mention about the woman's right to choice... if a woman became pregnant because she was having unprotected sex with many men, the woman is choosing to engage in those acts with men, unless it was rape. If she had chose to not have sex or if she had chose to use proper protection, then she wouldn't have become pregnant in the first place, but if not, she and the man who impregnated her should face the consequences of having unprotected sex.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:34 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,278,198 times
Maybe if the pregnancy is suspected to be farther along that is safe for a typical procedure or the woman wants it or complications have set in.
Not just because.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:49 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,226,263 times
If I were still the office manager of the Planned Parenthood office I headed in the Eighties, I would be advising all my incest and rape victims to close their eyes, put their hands over their ears, and chant, "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA" until the mandated ultrasound was over -- and then I'd get back to counseling them on their OPTIONS for choice in what is done to their bodies.

The government should NEVER have a say in what a woman chooses to do with her body unless those who would have it otherwise agree to adopt every single unwanted child of incest and rape along with just plain unwanted babies.

Every child a wanted child. It's really simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies