Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are we going to lose the right to own a gun?
Yes 21 10.00%
No 189 90.00%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 07:38 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Our Government. Listen, I might not agree with the government but unless they ask me to something that's against the will of God, I'm going to obey. That's what I am "commanded" to do. It's not an option.
And you somehow assume complying with the demands of a government that has broken the restraints that bind it in service of it's citizens is honoring the commandments of God? Your theology and mine do not agree.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:48 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Your right, I need to learn how to stay on topic, but I have no problem with being a positive influence and trying to convince everyone to surrender thier guns if they are asked to. It would be the right thing to do.
You can ask, I think it will fall mostly on deaf ears. I know mine are. I already suffered 2 murders in my family unit, murders that could have been stopped if my 30 years Army Father in Law was not disarmed by the damnned state.

There will be a gun on my belt till the day I die, and I won't care if even the law should get changed. There is one and only one way to take my guns and to do that you will have to kill me. At the same time i will be trying to kill anyone who thinks to enforce any such non-sence.

If there is another way, it might be when I get done target shooting and hunting, and then only when no cops or military even exist, and there is still social order. Now like you, I don't see much of any social order forth coming in any recenttimes. I see sickness, madness, and violence for power and greed, and thar's no bloomin way this side of Hell if even I have to bump the Devil his self off the stump I will be found un-armed.

That idea is plain lunacy. 'Ave yee a nice day.

And while I am at it, since I am becoming very board in the topic, as you ask to have gun men disarm I will be asking they don't.

Infact I may see a lawyer and look into the idea of requiring everyone over age 21 be required to own a gun for self defence, and anyone who opts out is taxed 500 dollars each year. Also that anyone who opts out pay a fee for police protection. It just seems fair that if you won't take any personal responcibility you should pay that tax and the fee for protection.

How you like that Bub?

Old 01-09-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
And you somehow assume complying with the demands of a government that has broken the restraints that bind it in service of it's citizens is honoring the commandments of God? Your theology and mine do not agree.
I do believe we found a fruit cake wacko nut case just like MO gal said..... This guy musta took a bad bump on his head eh?

That Mo gal ain't never very far from the Truth.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:05 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,779 times
For sure, I know things are crooked in this world and it's only going to get worse. I have no problem with believing the Book of Revelation or even actively speaking out about the direction this world has gone. The truth is it's going to happen though and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it. There will be those who die or get in more trouble for this amendment or whatever, but what is that going to do. I do however respect your stand on that and I'm not going to bash you for it. I have every right to be a peacemaker.

What I do is try and show people what's going on, and then try and show them the solution. Once you see the truth it should be that much easier to follow it.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:10 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,174 times
Quote:
For sure, I know things are crooked in this world and it's only going to get worse. I have no problem with believing the Book of Revelation or even actively speaking out about the direction this world has gone. The truth is it's going to happen though and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it. There will be those who die or get in more trouble for this amendment or whatever, but what is that going to do. I do however respect your stand on that and I'm not going to bash you for it. I have every right to be a peacemaker.

What I do is try and show people what's going on, and then try and show them the solution. Once you see the truth it should be that much easier to follow it.
I'd submit advocating people submit to unlawful oppression has nothing to do with being a peacemaker. Judas goat would be a more accurate description.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:13 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,779 times
I think I've just discovered what balance means.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:49 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,417,021 times
I can't speak for anyone else, but I would much rather die than kill someone else, even in self-defense. I don't believe in taking human life. The only way I'd consider it is if I was defending another, defenseless individual and no non-lethal means could stop the threat.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:56 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
I can't speak for anyone else, but I would much rather die than kill someone else, even in self-defense. I don't believe in taking human life. The only way I'd consider it is if I was defending another, defenseless individual and no non-lethal means could stop the threat.

You would rather die, and when you say consider....you family is already dead....

I cannot speak for anyone else......but....I will..even if shot.....I will save my family (or attempt to) no matter what.....

Old 01-09-2011, 09:04 PM

Ducky as i see it God gave us the right to self defence not the goobermint. God isn't going to judge anyone on goobermint law. God will take us as he sees fit and no man can prevent that. To sell your coat and buy a sword says so.

kazoo might be a consciencious objector by part of the sounds of it maybe. A very hard thing to deal with when it would be his life he is giving. I am not near that forgiving.

It remains I am not, and will not be the predator and that is the best I will do. Cause me harm, cause mine harm and i will surely let the dogs of hell break loose. I will not be condemed for that either, not a bit.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:07 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
Plus, if gun control is effective, criminals won't have guns. You can stop a knife-wielding intruder with a taser or baseball bat.
Could you provide ANYWHERE in the world that gun control has been effective?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies