Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 09:31 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,244,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
LOL, haven't you been following the news? The infamous crosshairs map?
All the map meant was that we are going to target to win these offices in the election and nothing more!

Old 01-10-2011, 09:38 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
LOL, haven't you been following the news? The infamous crosshairs map?

guess you dont believe in free speech even if anyone hates someone else?

I dont like certain types of people, guess I would fit into your book as a hater as well.

here is to all illegal aliens, go home to your birth country.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:10 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Is the politics of hate climate underlying cause of todays tragedy or is it an isolated incident?? What do you think??

No, I think this guy is very sick and people have known it for years, his class mates including his instructor said he would end up on the front pages for shooting a bunch of people one day

Old 01-10-2011, 10:12 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What did the sheriff say?

and this sheriff was way out of line and should be called on it
he might very well have helped this guy get off at trial

Old 01-10-2011, 10:17 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,899,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Is the politics of hate climate underlying cause of todays tragedy or is it an isolated incident?? What do you think??
It's a one-off, done by a crazy individual. Politics of hate has been going on since day one, in the 1800's we had our share of assasinations, congressman beating each other with canes, etc.
But this - I think it's clear now his motivation has nothing to do with talk shows, FOX news, Sarah Palin, talk radio, and liberal extremists (since now some evidence points to him having extremely left views), etc. His beliefs were too out there - conspiracy theories, mind control, brainwashing theories. Plus - 22 years old. You think people his age even watch the news or speaches? No. Just a crazy.

I think the question is - will the events now be misinterpreted and create an atmosphere of over-political correctness or any legislation that hinders free speach? Beyond the care of the victims and their families, and the prosecution of this individual, that is my concern. That is the question you should be addressing.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:25 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Seems like the head of the KKK, Krugman Keynesian Klan, cannot confine himself to his very limited understanding of economics. He had this to say:

New York Times columnist Paul Krugman wrote, “We don’t have proof yet that this was political, but the odds are that it was.”.

Paul Krugman - Blogrunner

Paul, don't quit your day job (whatever that is).

Old 01-10-2011, 10:47 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
I don't thnik thsi is much different than the rash of shooting in scholos;mentally unstable people who are ignore until they actually do something violent. Often times they are pushed by the use of alcohol or drug past the edge:IMO.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:12 PM

587 posts, read 1,467,103 times
Following two days of reports I think we can all safely assume that this was the act of a deranged nut and nothing partisan.

Still, I won't rule out a similar stunt pulled by an unstable nut propelled by the rhetoric and vitriol that has consumed the US encouraged by very well paid commentators and a hoochie mama in stilleto who enjoys hunting.

Not that it will deter some of you. Reading some of these posts on this forum is like watching rabid dogs tare each other up.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:24 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post
Following two days of reports I think we can all safely assume that this was the act of a deranged nut and nothing partisan.

Still, I won't rule out a similar stunt pulled by an unstable nut propelled by the rhetoric and vitriol that has consumed the US encouraged by very well paid commentators and a hoochie mama in stilleto who enjoys hunting.

Not that it will deter some of you. Reading some of these posts on this forum is like watching rabid dogs tare each other up.
Why is that you can only muster up a complaint about Palin. What about Obama calling republicans the ENEMY? What about the map with bullseyes on it from the Democrats? What about the Dem who shot the C&T bill in his TV ad? You started out good in your first sentence then went right down the crapper with your partisan hatred.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:27 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post

So words could cause some to act violently....just not words that explicitly call for killing....gotcha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies