Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 03:48 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
And how do you explain this

Are you surprised the AZ shooter is a registered republican according to the AZ Sec of State? - Yahoo! Answers (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110110115442AArRjDV - broken link)
I don't need to explain it.

Again - I am not blaming one party or another for what this guy did.

I am simply highlighting where rhetoric comes from - since people are bringing up Palin and her crosshairs, and trying to attach her to the shooter - just like you just did.

All you need to do is look through the link that I provided that you posted.

You want to compare crosshairs to an ape crapping on McCain's head, or an image of a beheaded Bush with blood dripping from his neck, or art with a gunman with a rifle pointed at Palin, or wishing Palin could be raped by a bunch of black guys in Manhattan? We even had Jesse Jackson saying that he wanted to cut off Obama's nuts during the 2008 campaign.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:49 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,085 times
No one has been able to show any evidence that ANY rhetoric contributed to this tragedy.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:51 PM

The shooter was a registered Independent.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:52 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
And how do you explain this

Are you surprised the AZ shooter is a registered republican according to the AZ Sec of State? - Yahoo! Answers (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110110115442AArRjDV - broken link)
That image is a fake. It's just another example of how ridiculous this has all become. With all of this finger-pointing going on, we're really seeing the low levels to which humanity will sink.

I admire and applaud everyone who is able to rise above the fray and refrain from blaming either the left or the right for the actions of one lunatic.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:56 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I agree. Somehow, the media always seems to miss the mark on that and only believe the right is puts out violent rhetoric. If they did their jobs, they would know the background of what this guy read instead of immediately linking him to Palin.

Limbaugh, Hannity, Palin, etc. has never wished death or physical harm on anyone.
Ooops In Limbaugh's case, just hoping for self inflicted violence

LIMBAUGH: I think these militant environmentalists, these wackos, have so much in common with the jihad guys. Let me explain this. What do the jihad guys do? The jihad guys go to families under their control and they convince these families to strap explosives on who? Not them. On their kids. Grab your 3-year-old, grab your 4-year-old, grab your 6-year-old, and we're gonna strap explosives on there, and then we're going to send you on a bus, or we're going to send you to a shopping center, and we're gonna tell you when to pull the trigger, and you're gonna blow up, and you're gonna blow up everybody around you, and you're gonna head up to wherever you're going, 73 virgins are gonna be there. The little 3- or 4-year-old doesn't have the presence of mind, so what about you? If it's so great up there, why don't you go? Why don't you strap explosives on you -- and their parents don't have the guts to tell the jihad guys, "You do it! Why do you want my kid to go blow himself up?" The jihad guys will just shoot 'em, 'cause the jihad guys have to maintain control.

The environmentalist wackos are the same way. This guy from The New York Times, if he really thinks that humanity is destroying the planet, humanity is destroying the climate, that human beings in their natural existence are going to cause the extinction of life on Earth -- Andrew Revkin. Mr. Revkin, why don't you just go kill yourself and help the planet by dying?

Books the shooter read:

“Animal Farm,” “Brave New World,” “The Wizard Of Oz,” “Aesop Fables,” “The Odyssey,” “Alice Adventures Into Wonderland,” “Fahrenheit 451,” “Peter Pan,” “To Kill A Mockingbird,” “We The Living,” “Phantom Toll Booth,” “One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest,” “Pulp,” “Through The Looking Glass,” “The Communist Manifesto,” “Siddhartha,” “The Old Man And The Sea,” “Gulliver's Travels,” “Mein Kampf,” “The Republic,” and “Meno.”

It tells me he liked a lot of Classics. A reader - does not a murderer, it make.

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Again - I am not blaming one party or another for what this guy did.

All you need to do is look through the link that I provided that you posted.

You want to compare crosshairs to an ape crapping on McCain's head, or an image of a beheaded Bush with blood dripping from his neck, or art with a gunman with a rifle pointed at Palin, or wishing Palin could be raped by a bunch of black guys in Manhattan? We even had Jesse Jackson saying that he wanted to cut off Obama's nuts during the 2008 campaign.
By bringing all of those things up, you are essentially blaming the left, and you're lowering yourself to the level of the people you are criticizing.

Yeah, he was an independent who didn't vote.

The Fix - Jared Lee Loughner was a registered independent, didn't vote in 2010 election

Old 01-10-2011, 04:02 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,523 times
This is just sad. The original poster says that violent rhetoric comes from the left, while linking to an email from a Democrat to a Republican telling the Republican that they (as in all politicians) need to tone down the rhetoric. How does this make sense? Is it that difficult to parse a simple article, or are we so blinded by ideology that we've forgotten how to read?

Old 01-10-2011, 04:39 PM

125 posts, read 218,285 times
There IS a way to moderate the rhetoric. Get people like Palin to leave the stage.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:41 PM

125 posts, read 218,285 times
Which reminds me, today Palin removed from her website the gunsight/crosshairs map with Ms. Gifford's name listed below the map. I guess Palin decided she no longer liked what she now calls the "surveyor's symbols" on the map.

The dishonesty and malevolency is stunning !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies