Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 09:05 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,001,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The first thing LSM liberals did when the story broke was to try to hang it around Sarah Palin's neck. How would you feel if you were blamed for the death of that little girl?
Pretty crappy. And I'd take that crosshairs map down ASAP (which she did) and I also would not admit culpability (as a conservative, which she has not).

Old 01-11-2011, 09:05 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
That is wrong and stupid, I won't disagree with that. I do however think its a bit of a difference between some random nut job on the net doing something like that than an actual campaign or PAC doing something like that.
Like this:

Old 01-11-2011, 09:09 AM

You guys are just not going to get it on the Dem map. Obviously none of you have never worked in marketing. 'Nufff said.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:12 AM

Yes.... spin spin spin....never admit anything and divert the topic if at all possible.

Good little party member.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Yes.... spin spin spin....never admit anything and divert the topic if at all possible.

Good little party member.
No..........I just happen to have an MBA in marketing and have worked in marketing. No spin there. Not my fault you can't read a map that merely states where support is heavily in favor of certain candidates and areas that need to be strengthed. No crosshairs on that map. No names. No "don't retreat, reload." No naming of anyone to be targeted (as in Gabby).

I give up. You cons are not teachable.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:18 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,145 times
There is absolutely no evidence tying the shooter to ANY political side.

He wasn't a member of any political websites or blogs and no one has said he listened to Air America or Rush Limbaugh (or any other such radio or TV).

You can't just SAY it, you must find the CONNECTION!

Motive is explained here: Exclusive: Loughner Friend Explains Alleged Gunman's Grudge Against Giffords | Mother Jones

Old 01-11-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
No..........I just happen to have an MBA in marketing and have worked in marketing. No spin there. Not my fault you can't read a map that merely states where support is heavily in favor of certain candidates and areas that need to be strengthed. No crosshairs on that map. No names. No "don't retreat, reload." No naming of anyone to be targeted (as in Gabby).

I give up. You cons are not teachable.
Just targets on actual people....

Your partisanship is showing.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:42 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
This claiming he is a liberal is ridiculous and since I'm too lazy to articulate this...

Conservatives Desperately Try To Claim That Loughner Is A Liberal | NEWS JUNKIE POST

Conservatives, nice try, but just not true.
Correct... Why would a liberal want to shoot a Female Democrat?... Extreme Conservative righties are just trying to detach themselves from the issue at hand... After all the extreme rhetoric we've heard?... Nice try...

Here are some quotes:

''I'm the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can't.''

—Sarah Palin

''Nuclear weaponry, of course, would be the be-all, end-all of just too many people in too many parts of our planet.''

—Sarah Palin, CBS interview with Katie Couric, Sept. 25, 2008

''Dr. Laura: Don't retreat... Reload! ...

- Sarah Palin

"And we’re seeing the fulfillment of the Book of Judges here in our own time, where every man doing that which is right in his own eyes—in other words, anarchy.”

- Michelle Bachmann

"Democrats need to fear losing their seat."

- Michelle Bachmann

''This cannot pass. What we have to do today is make a covenant, to slit our wrists, be blood brothers on this thing. This will not pass. We will do whatever it takes to make sure this doesn't pass.''

—Rep. Michele Bachmann, on health care reform, Aug. 2009

''I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back. Thomas Jefferson told us 'having a revolution every now and then is a good thing,' and the people -- we the people -- are going to have to fight back hard if we're not going to lose our country.''

—Rep. Michele Bachmann, March 2009

''I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out: Are they pro-America or anti-America?''

—Rep. Michelle Bachmann, calling for a new McCarthyism, Oct. 2008

''Not all cultures are equal.''

—Michele Bachmann, Nov. 2005

Old 01-11-2011, 09:43 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,604,247 times
The shooters to blame..end of story!

Old 01-11-2011, 09:59 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,145 times
"Democrats need to fear losing their seat."

- Michelle Bachmann

Wow...that's really scary stuff!!LOL!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies