Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is sexual preferance a choice?
Yes 47 18.58%
No 193 76.28%
Not sure 11 4.35%
Yes 2 0.79%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 04:09 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota Spring View Post
This would be a good question to ask someone who is actually homosexual; get your answer right from the source of the topic instead of people with special agendas when it comes to the topic.
A tired old argument, but the answer is clearly NO!
Why would people who think being gay is a choice actually ask a gay person? Obviously they think hundreds of millions of gay people are just liars.
And hundreds of thousands of health professionals from the American Medical Association, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association etc, and all the scientists researching this field are clearly stupid and don't know anything.

I think we all know the reasons some people choose to think that homosexuality is a choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 04:16 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
I don't think it's a choice. I'm inclined to believe what Memphis1979 said, that it's a combination of genetic predispositions and environmental effects.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:25 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It's a perversion of choice.
Any educated rational person would disagree with you.

But keep on believing whatever you want. Who would want to deprive you of the perverse pleasure you get from all the gay bashing you do on CD?

Old 01-19-2011, 04:29 AM

499 posts, read 405,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota Spring View Post
This would be a good question to ask someone who is actually homosexual; get your answer right from the source of the topic instead of people with special agendas when it comes to the topic.
A tired old argument, but the answer is clearly NO!
Heterosexuality and homosexuality are but two expressions of human sexuality; anyone is qualified to answer if sexual orientation is a choice. I agree with your last sentence!

Last edited by Dollymixture; 01-19-2011 at 04:37 AM..

Old 01-19-2011, 05:41 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I asked several of my gay and straight friends and they all said it was NOT a choice. Politically I object to creating a legally separate class of people based on sexual preference because it will only lead to bigotry and legal discrimination. Sexual preference, like religion is irrelevant to politics.

As far as the religious aspects are concerned the fate of souls only applies to people of that particular faith. I do not believe my soul is going to hell because I do not believe in the basic tenants of Christianity so their system of rewards and punishments do not apply to me.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:45 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I asked several of my gay and straight friends and they all said it was NOT a choice. Politically I object to creating a legally separate class of people based on sexual preference because it will only lead to bigotry and legal discrimination. Sexual preference, like religion is irrelevant to politics.

As far as the religious aspects are concerned the fate of souls only applies to people of that particular faith. I do not believe my soul is going to hell because I do not believe in the basic tenants of Christianity so their system of rewards and punishments do not apply to me.
The problem is people forget that one is not born believing in religion, it is taught by the parents and the church. Religion is a choice, making laws based on religion is a choice, being biased against a person or group is a choice. Being a bigot is a choice, but being a lesbian, gay or bisexual is not a choice. I did not choose to be gay, but I did choose to not be religious. Why would any gay or lesbian want to support an institution that calls us abominations, or sinners or say that god hates us and did not create us. It is interesting that 13 of the staunchest gay bashers on CD believe ones sexual orientation is a choice. Are they telling us that they knew they were gay and decided to be straight? Is that the case; 3ntrOpy, 90sman, BentBow, RirchBArlow, brushrunner, chef_dad, Jermaine88, mark6052, Roaddog, sanrene, solytaire, Tymberwulf and Workin_Hard? Did you all know that you were attracted to the same sex before you made the choice to be straight? Honestly try and answer that important question yourselves before you claim gays make the choice. This poll shows pretty much the same results that my poll did asking straights when or if they made a choice to be straight. Over 80% said they did not choose, that they just were straight.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:37 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Well now....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw

Old 01-19-2011, 10:49 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
any type of sex is a choice and not mandatory. go ef your car for all I care but dont make me pay pay for it
We'll just make you pay to watch.
What an idiotic post.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:01 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Is preferring chocolate cake to carrot cake a choice? No.

Is choosing to eat chocolate cake instead of carrot cake a choice? Yes.

Of course most people would more often choose the thing that they like better.

Surely you're not actually suggesting that homosexual people should simply decide to not have sex or to only have sex with a gender they are not at all attracted to? Surely you're not...

Old 01-19-2011, 11:05 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Surely you're not actually suggesting that homosexual people should simply decide to not have sex or to only have sex with a gender they are not at all attracted to? Surely you're not...

Of course they should. Being weak and giving into their sinful, base homosexual desires destroys the fabric of society as well as damns the homosexual to an eternity spent burning in Hell. They owe it to themselves and everyone else to act in accordance with the natural order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies