Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2011, 09:31 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
I do not work in the court system. But having had contact with it over the years, I do know that "the "court" of public opinion" is not allowed as admissible evidence.

Speaking of links, produce some.

Here's one: (the last few sentences tell a lot)

Gov. Jan Brewer: No funds for transplants
Exactly my point...."the court of public opinion is not admissible"......admission of evidence in a TRIAL in courts is dependent upon compliance with court rules and laws. That's an entire system unto itself. That is NOT a standard for "proof" in journalism and other types of research!

I've produced many links.

Now, back to Keith Olbermann and the reason why he is no longer on MSNBC and his Countdown show was discontinued. I've said that I think Comcast is making some big changes in MSNBC, and toning down the liberal voices, starting with Keith Olbermann. Seems that Olbermann was not willing to have his voice censored by the new owners of MSNBC and instead negotiated with them to buy out his contract. And, no, I don't think this is about "ratings" .........it's my opinion that it's about politics and the changes are happening in order to water down the liberal responses to the intense right wing voices and extreme right wing agenda out there.

MSNBC has now "censored" Ed Schultz's show:

"MSNBC has shelved Ed Schultz' "Psycho Talk" segment, Schultz announced on his radio show Thursday.
The segment, a sort of cousin to Keith Olbermann's "Worst Persons In The World," features Schultz highlighting a statement or action he dubs "psycho talk" every night on his show."

Ed Schultz 'Psycho Talk' Segment Axed By MSNBC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 09:34 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
It looks like MSNBC is knocking off the hate spewers one by one. It's all good.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:35 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It looks like MSNBC is knocking off the hate spewers one by one. It's all good.
All good. They spew nothing but hate and vitriol. Next up, Matthews.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:37 AM

Yep, another one that needs to get the boot. Matthews can go tingle up his leg in some gay bar instead of in the public view.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Ohhh, so that's the new criteria. As long as no one physically attacks a target of Keith, what he says is perfectly fine.
Apparently not...seems that what ANYONE SAYS is perfectly fine, even if violence is connected with those media personalities.....people have been killed and those actions have been linked by the shooters to watching Glenn Beck and other far "right" sources, such as being a member of stormfront........and Beck is still on TV and the radio saying the same things. Are you advocating for a government restrictions on freedom of speech??? I've not said that Beck should be shut down.

This goes back to why Keith Olbermann was silenced on MSNBC. Seems that it was certainly political in order to silence strong liberal voices which counter the right wing politicians and right wing media "stars"........clearly NO ONE has ever claimed, after taking any violent actions, that they had been inspired to do so as a result of watching Keith Olbermann or any other MSNBC show host. It is not a coincidence that Olbermann left MSNBC and Ed Schultz's show has been censored, at the same time, just a few days after approval of the comcast MSNBC merger.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:45 AM

Some people are such groupies they don't get it. NO ONE watches the lying haters on MSNBC except the people of like mind. America is sick of them all!

Old 01-29-2011, 09:49 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Well, what you consider a "lunatic" was someone I considered a strong, sane, and reasoned liberal voice. And what I would consider a "lunatic" in the media would be Glenn Beck....you do realize that at least TWO shoot-outs with police officers, where three police officers were killed, have been directly linked by the RIGHT WING shooters to Glenn Back....don't you?

There has never been any violent acting out linked to Keith Olbermann. You know that, don't you?
Really? If they were linked to Beck, why hasn't he been arrested? Oh yeah, it's a lie. With a little wishful thinking thrown in, with a dash of hysteria and uncivil rhetoric.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
I think this is called a 'double standard'.
What double standard???

Olbermann is off MSNBC. Beck, O'Reilly, Hannity are still on Fox. Limbaugh is still out there spouting hate. Violent actions have been linked to Beck by shooters who have killed people, and Beck is still on the air. You mean that "double standard"?

Old 01-29-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Really? If they were linked to Beck, why hasn't he been arrested? Oh yeah, it's a lie. With a little wishful thinking thrown in, with a dash of hysteria and uncivil rhetoric.
No, it's not a lie. Did you even look at the links? Both men are now in prison for those crimes. It is NOT illegal to influence lunatics to take violent actions, however it is IRRESPONSIBLE.

Seems to me that many conservatives don't understand our criminal justice system at all!

Old 01-29-2011, 09:53 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Yeah, I haven't seen any links on this thread providing any evidence to the claim either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies