Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2011, 08:04 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
He is just once again (and continually) expressing his opinion as fact and claiming to know without a doubt the motivations of everyone else.

After all, he is a liberal and a devotee of Olbermann.
Poplawski: Poplawski's neo-Nazi activism included posting Glenn Beck video, but media talk about dog pee | Crooks and Liars

Pittsburgh Cop Killer was a Glenn Beck fan. | NowPublic News Coverage

Byron Williams:

Conspiracy theorists find validation from Glenn Beck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 09:29 AM

10,024 posts, read 15,671,828 times
Hey guys, please stay on the topic of Keith Olbermann or the thread will be closed.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Hey guys, please stay on the topic of Keith Olbermann or the thread will be closed.

It has run its coarse.

How much more hate and personal attacks do you need to get the point across.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:27 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
with meaningful and informative posts!

Seriously. Shutting down strong liberal voices in the media is not a good thing......there are so few of those voices out there!
Quote:
It's very possible that ultimately MSNBC will LOSE BOTH ratings and money if the direction they are going is "right"...........their viewship is liberal. Can't imagine anyone thinking it's good business to alienate their viewship and try to seriously compete with FOX for the far right wingers. CNN is already sort of "middle ground." If, indeed, someone made that decision based on ratings, it was a very bad business decision.
Quote:
Well, what you consider a "lunatic" was someone I considered a strong, sane, and reasoned liberal voice. And what I would consider a "lunatic" in the media would be Glenn Beck....you do realize that at least TWO shoot-outs with police officers, where three police officers were killed, have been directly linked by the RIGHT WING shooters to Glenn Back....don't you?

There has never been any violent acting out linked to Keith Olbermann. You know that, don't you?
Quote:
Do you have any information which indicates that either of those two people were inspired to do what they did by Keith Olbermann?

I'm talking about:

RICHARD POPLAWSKI
and
BYRON WILLIAMS

Both men were influenced by Glenn Beck. Poplawski, who was also a white supremacist and stormfront member, posted a youtube of a Glenn Beck interview with Ron Paul on the stormfront website just days before he shot and killed three police officers.

Byron Williams was attempting to reach the Tides Organization which he had seen Glenn Beck "rant" about, and Williams ended up getting into a shootout with police before he could reach Tides where he had intended to kill a number of people.
Quote:
Duh?

Did you read my post......NO to silencing either side, right or left
Did you read your posts?

Old 01-28-2011, 02:42 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Google is your friend. Easy enough to just google both of those names. You'll find lots of evidence. Poplawski is now serving a prison sentence for his crime, as is Byron Williams.
Evidence? As in presentable and accepted in a court of law?

Why aren't the 'real' perps in prison?

It's actually an opinion by opinion pushers.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Are the Beatles responsible for the actions of the Manson Family?

Did Bonnie and Clyde influence Byron Williams to rob banks?

The left really has hit an all time low with this latest campaign of shut-uppery. They have nothing to which they can point and say "this is where we succeeded" because they have been seeking their own political gain at the expense of the voters, and everyone knows it. So now that it's getting harder and harder for them to avoid talking about what they've done and where they've failed, their sound bites, talking points and lame marketing slogans like "winning the future" (WTF) have become the punch lines to their failed policies. Trillions upon trillions have been wasted on Keynesian stimulus programs that have failed just as badly today as they did when FDR pushed them. What a complete waste of the nations time and our kid's money! So what's liberal to do after effin' up so bad? Blame everything from cloudy days to shooting incidents on conservative political speech. Call it uncivil, divisive, hateful and dangerous so maybe they'll shut up about Democrats the tripling the deficit and our continuing 9% unemployment.
First of all, there is no "campaign by the left" that I know anything about to shut anybody up. But it seems like somebody in fact shut Keith Olbermann up. Just a coincidence that the owners of Comcast are conservative Republicans and Olbermann's show ended just a few days after the merger between comcast and NBC was approved, I guess.

Were the Beatles "responsible" for Manson's actions? No. Did their music influence? Maybe. Who knows? I think there is a big difference between the Beatles and Keith Olberman and Glenn Beck.

Did Bonnie & Clyde influence Bryon Williams? I don't know. Williams said that listening to Beck about the Tides Foundation did influence him.

Has Keith Olbermann influenced any people to take violent actions against other individuals and/or political targets? I have not read anything anywhere which showed that anyone who has committed a violent act since Keith Olbermann has been on MSNBC said that they had been influenced by Olbermann's politics or anything he has said.

As far as your second paragraph, seems to me that it is mostly off topic.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Evidence? As in presentable and accepted in a court of law?

Why aren't the 'real' perps in prison?

It's actually an opinion by opinion pushers.
OMG! You guys have all accused Olbermann of hate speech. I cannot find any evidence that anything Olbermann has ever said on TV influenced anyone to take any violent actions. Can you find that evidence which connects Olbermann to such violent actions as shoot out with cops?

No, not evidence in the two cases in terms of court. Evidence in terms of credible reports that the shooters had in fact been watching Glenn Beck and that they both were believers in conspiracy theories, including some of those put forth by Beck.

Can you find anyone who has committed violent acts who were avid Olbermann fans and decided to attack someone because of anything they had seen on Olbermann's show? For example, have you heard of anyone attempting or planning to attack the Arizona governor because Olbermann talked about the governor of AZ cutting funding for the medicaid program which paid for organ transplants,therefore, there were approximately 100 people in Arizona who would die without the transplants?

And, finally, WHY do you think Olbermann's show Countdown ended so abruptly?

Old 01-28-2011, 03:14 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
First of all, there is no "campaign by the left" that I know anything about to shut anybody up. But it seems like somebody in fact shut Keith Olbermann up. Just a coincidence that the owners of Comcast are conservative Republicans and Olbermann's show ended just a few days after the merger between comcast and NBC was approved, I guess.

Were the Beatles "responsible" for Manson's actions? No. Did their music influence? Maybe. Who knows? I think there is a big difference between the Beatles and Keith Olberman and Glenn Beck.

Did Bonnie & Clyde influence Bryon Williams? I don't know. Williams said that listening to Beck about the Tides Foundation did influence him.

Has Keith Olbermann influenced any people to take violent actions against other individuals and/or political targets? I have not read anything anywhere which showed that anyone who has committed a violent act since Keith Olbermann has been on MSNBC said that they had been influenced by Olbermann's politics or anything he has said.

As far as your second paragraph, seems to me that it is mostly off topic.
That was a hell of a rant. You wouldn't see anyone link Olberman to violence. It's the other way around. Palin's targets caused the AZ tragedy. Beck caused a lunatic to try and wipe out TIDEs, and on and on. When the main scream media (and anyone else) find that their allegations are full of chocolate pudding, all of sudden it's them trying to calm the rhetoric as they shove their antics into reverse, and then claim it's the right which not only started it, but are the ones promoting it. It's so laughable, and then people like you start fueling the fire, paving the way for such blatant double standards. Suckerrrrrr

Last edited by steven_h; 01-28-2011 at 04:08 PM..

Old 01-28-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Did you read your posts?
Yes. So what's your point?

Old 01-28-2011, 03:26 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
OMG! You guys have all accused Olbermann of hate speech. I cannot find any evidence that anything Olbermann has ever said on TV influenced anyone to take any violent actions. Can you find that evidence which connects Olbermann to such violent actions as shoot out with cops?

No, not evidence in the two cases in terms of court. Evidence in terms of credible reports that the shooters had in fact been watching Glenn Beck and that they both were believers in conspiracy theories, including some of those put forth by Beck.

Can you find anyone who has committed violent acts who were avid Olbermann fans and decided to attack someone because of anything they had seen on Olbermann's show? For example, have you heard of anyone attempting or planning to attack the Arizona governor because Olbermann talked about the governor of AZ cutting funding for the medicaid program which paid for organ transplants,therefore, there were approximately 100 people in Arizona who would die without the transplants?

And, finally, WHY do you think Olbermann's show Countdown ended so abruptly?
Whew! Chill! You're gonna pop a vein.

Not admitted into evidence at court means It is NOT not evidence. It's INNUENDO. Someones opinion. Nothing more.

So I gather the AZ governor now killed 100 people by proxy?

Wow, take two chill pills, PLEASE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies