Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 10:21 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,094,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Are you talking about the Left-wing nut that shot up the Discovery channel because of Al Gore's movie?

Or the Left-wing nut who tried to slash the throat of the governor of Kansas, but missed?
Do you have any information which indicates that either of those two people were inspired to do what they did by Keith Olbermann?

I'm talking about:

RICHARD POPLAWSKI
and
BYRON WILLIAMS

Both men were influenced by Glenn Beck. Poplawski, who was also a white supremacist and stormfront member, posted a youtube of a Glenn Beck interview with Ron Paul on the stormfront website just days before he shot and killed three police officers.

Byron Williams was attempting to reach the Tides Organization which he had seen Glenn Beck "rant" about, and Williams ended up getting into a shootout with police before he could reach Tides where he had intended to kill a number of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 10:30 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,098,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Well, what you consider a "lunatic" was someone I considered a strong, sane, and reasoned liberal voice. And what I would consider a "lunatic" in the media would be Glenn Beck....you do realize that at least TWO shoot-outs with police officers, where three police officers were killed, have been directly linked by the RIGHT WING shooters to Glenn Back....don't you?

There has never been any violent acting out linked to Keith Olbermann. You know that, don't you?

No I do not know that at all. I believe the insane hate filled rantings of olbermann have probably provoked a lot of violence from the left. After all it is the left that is far more hateful and violent. They are constantly wishing people dead or celebrating the illness and deaths of conservatives.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:40 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,827,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
No I do not know that at all. I believe the insane hate filled rantings of olbermann have probably provoked a lot of violence from the left. After all it is the left that is far more hateful and violent. They are constantly wishing people dead or celebrating the illness and deaths of conservatives.
I've never heard of any violence from Olbermann, Beck on the other hand,..
Byron Williams was on his way to the tides foundation to "kill liberals" from watching Beck's propaganda. Thank god the police intervened to stop this lunatic. The heroes in the police department fought back and apprehended this manic after a shootout where he was trying to kill law enforcement officers. If he were to make it to the tides foundation, it could have been an absolute massacre.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Generalize much?

you mean like the right wingers cheered Ted Kennedy's death?

Old 01-27-2011, 11:44 PM

38,648 posts, read 26,421,050 times
Quote:
Do you have any information which indicates that either of those two people were inspired to do what they did by Keith Olbermann?

I'm talking about:

RICHARD POPLAWSKI
and
BYRON WILLIAMS

Both men were influenced by Glenn Beck. Poplawski, who was also a white supremacist and stormfront member, posted a youtube of a Glenn Beck interview with Ron Paul on the stormfront website just days before he shot and killed three police officers.

Byron Williams was attempting to reach the Tides Organization which he had seen Glenn Beck "rant" about, and Williams ended up getting into a shootout with police before he could reach Tides where he had intended to kill a number of people.

Are the Beatles responsible for the actions of the Manson Family?

Did Bonnie and Clyde influence Byron Williams to rob banks?

The left really has hit an all time low with this latest campaign of shut-uppery. They have nothing to which they can point and say "this is where we succeeded" because they have been seeking their own political gain at the expense of the voters, and everyone knows it. So now that it's getting harder and harder for them to avoid talking about what they've done and where they've failed, their sound bites, talking points and lame marketing slogans like "winning the future" (WTF) have become the punch lines to their failed policies. Trillions upon trillions have been wasted on Keynesian stimulus programs that have failed just as badly today as they did when FDR pushed them. What a complete waste of the nations time and our kid's money! So what's liberal to do after effin' up so bad? Blame everything from cloudy days to shooting incidents on conservative political speech. Call it uncivil, divisive, hateful and dangerous so maybe they'll shut up about Democrats the tripling the deficit and our continuing 9% unemployment.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Are the Beatles responsible for the actions of the Manson Family?

Did Bonnie and Clyde influence Byron Williams to rob banks?

The left really has hit an all time low with this latest campaign of shut-uppery. They have nothing to which they can point and say "this is where we succeeded" because they have been seeking their own political gain at the expense of the voters, and everyone knows it. So now that it's getting harder and harder for them to avoid talking about what they've done and where they've failed, their sound bites, talking points and lame marketing slogans like "winning the future" (WTF) have become the punch lines to their failed policies. Trillions upon trillions have been wasted on Keynesian stimulus programs that have failed just as badly today as they did when FDR pushed them. What a complete waste of the nations time and our kid's money! So what's liberal to do after effin' up so bad? Blame everything from cloudy days to shooting incidents on conservative political speech. Call it uncivil, divisive, hateful and dangerous so maybe they'll shut up about Democrats the tripling the deficit and our continuing 9% unemployment.
Duh?

Did you read my post......NO to silencing either side, right or left

Old 01-28-2011, 07:02 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,567,149 times
Quote:
Duh?

Did you read my post......NO to silencing either side, right or left
Just insist that they only say what you consider appropriate.

A true obamatron.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:07 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,567,149 times
Quote:
Are you talking about the Left-wing nut that shot up the Discovery channel because of Al Gore's movie?

Or the Left-wing nut who tried to slash the throat of the governor of Kansas, but missed?

He is just once again (and continually) expressing his opinion as fact and claiming to know without a doubt the motivations of everyone else.

After all, he is a liberal and a devotee of Olbermann.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:10 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,000,570 times
Quote:

I'm talking about:

RICHARD POPLAWSKI
and
BYRON WILLIAMS

I'm sure you'll understand if we want to see the actual evidence/proof, instead of just your interpretation?

Old 01-28-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
I'm sure you'll understand if we want to see the actual evidence/proof, instead of just your interpretation?
Google is your friend. Easy enough to just google both of those names. You'll find lots of evidence. Poplawski is now serving a prison sentence for his crime, as is Byron Williams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies