Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 02:51 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,233,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
With this logic if I was a pedophile I could hang naked pictures of children in my window so everyone would know who I am?
As usual someone just has to go off the deep end....

First off since you are required by law to register where you live anyone can see where you live.. Yaknow modern technology?

Second, sure go ahead and put pictures of naked kids on your windows. As long as your city/whatever has no laws against it go to it.....

This IS America..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 02:57 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,233,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
What the real dilema here is isn't the flag. Its how do you stop a neighbor from harrassing you? You can't go on their property and you can move but if they continue and make it impossible to sell or rent the harrassment continues. This neighbor has been harrasing them long enough to prompt them to move and now he's found a way to stop them from leaving.

Somewhere in this the people he's running out because for whatever reason he doesn't like them have some rights. How do they exercise them and be free to sell or rent or stay without his getting in the way? When neighbors decide to stop mowing the lawn and the grass is knee high to get their neighbors the city can demand it be cut but if it is something personal and not neglectful then what? It seems to me that its not the flag in this instance since if he removes it he'll find something equally problematical.

I hope they find a solution becasue while if he wants to fly a Nazi flag he can he does not have the right to contually harrass his neighbors. They deserve to have their own home be secure from him.
I wonder if there was an association in this neighborhood (assuming there is not) if they could be of help rather than the usual.
So in your mind flying some cloth with symbols on it constitutes harassment??????

THAT dear person is Un-American......

Old 02-11-2011, 02:57 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,563,393 times
Quote:
Alot of Americans died to keep that flag from being displayed on our soil!! It's an insult to their sacrafice.
All may be true but many Americans died for all of us to express freedom of expression regardless of how offensive it can be. I serve in the Army for 32 years to support that very same principle also, take care.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:58 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,103,931 times
Quote:
Alot of Americans died to keep that flag from being displayed on our soil!! It's an insult to their sacrafice.

Same with the Mexican flag but we probably see more mexican flags in Ca than we see American flags.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:14 PM

31,293 posts, read 20,790,059 times
Quote:
With this logic if I was a pedophile I could hang naked pictures of children in my window so everyone would know who I am?

No, but you could put a sign in your window that says "I'm a pedophile"

Old 02-11-2011, 04:49 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,385,472 times
Once again, some American using "freedom of speech" to air an emblem that is most distinctly associated with hate. Its why freedom of speech really isn't the best model for us.

Why in the world is some American flying a Nazi flag anyway? Sounds retarded and ill informed. Neo Nazis in America always choose to ignore the fact that if they came to the "motherland" of Nazi's founding, they would face many severe restrictions. People don't tolerate this crap in Germany. For good reason. Does America need to endure the same historic calamity for us to see that tolerating these "freedoms of speech" is not actually the best thing for humanity?

Old 02-11-2011, 04:59 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,412,179 times
You should have the freedom to display whatever symbols you want on your property. You should also have the freedom to face just consequences for such choices.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:59 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,103,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Once again, some American using "freedom of speech" to air an emblem that is most distinctly associated with hate. Its why freedom of speech really isn't the best model for us.

Why in the world is some American flying a Nazi flag anyway? Sounds retarded and ill informed. Neo Nazis in America always choose to ignore the fact that if they came to the "motherland" of Nazi's founding, they would face many severe restrictions. People don't tolerate this crap in Germany. For good reason. Does America need to endure the same historic calamity for us to see that tolerating these "freedoms of speech" is not actually the best thing for humanity?

It is no more dispicable than the repulsive leftist that put a cross in pee and screamed it was freedom of speech. Both are wrong but we have to put up with it.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:12 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,385,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It is no more dispicable than the repulsive leftist that put a cross in pee and screamed it was freedom of speech. Both are wrong but we have to put up with it.
Put a cross in pee...??? Do you mean urine? I didn't hear about this.

But I am guessing from your language of "repulsive left" that you definitely have a categorization system in effect that would likely let many "rights" off the hook for the same actions you would criticize the "left" for committing.

And I am sure there are PLENTY on the right side of the spectrum who have done despicable things to the cross.

Hmm, I think living in the Bible Belt and seeing people curse, drink and act profanely 6 days a week and then call themselves Christian for attending Sunday Service kind of puts a really bad spin on the image of some American Christians. At least the way I saw it. Pretty pathetic and rather non-Christian, in my opinion.

And screaming about freedom of speech is something that all sides do well. Please dont even try to put that on the lefts. Screaming, loudly, about freedom of speech is just an annoying (in my opinion) American habit, free of political ties.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:26 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,308,651 times
Any American that would fly a swastika is a traitor, plain and simple. There is no valid reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies