Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 12:19 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, no one seemed to mind giving an "extra" response to the SOTU when this guy did it.

Obama Response To Bush's State Of The Union

The official response was given by Kathleen Sebelius.

Whoops!

Here's the official response.

Ahhh...the hypocrisy!
You seem to have missed the point. It's not so much that Bachmann inserted herself into the mix, it's the anticipation her brand of lopsided, off the wall rebuttal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 12:20 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You seem to have missed the point. It's not so much that Bachmann inserted herself into the mix, it's the anticipation her brand of lopsided, off the wall rebuttal.
Have you seen her speech?

She speaks for a whole lot of Americans.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:21 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Have you seen her speech?

She speaks for a whole lot of Americans.
Define "a whole lot of Americans".

Old 01-22-2011, 12:26 PM

256 posts, read 216,451 times
Quote:
More than 20?

All joking aside, I'm quite sure that there are millions of Americans who support what she stands for. There are millions of Americans who don't like what she stands for and will watch her rebuttal anyway.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:29 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,984,423 times
Quote:
George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq'

George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a senior Palestinian politician in an interview to be broadcast by the BBC later this month.
George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq' | World news | The Guardian

According to who?......

From your link:

Nabil Shaath, who was Palestinian foreign minister at the time, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Now THAT'S a real reliable source!!!

Old 01-22-2011, 12:29 PM

183 posts, read 459,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg So View Post
More than 20?

All joking aside, I'm quite sure that there are millions of Americans who support what she stands for. There are millions of Americans who don't like what she stands for and will watch her rebuttal anyway.
Michelle Bachmann probably does speak for millions of Americans, but since America has 303 million people in it, her audience isn't really a high percentage.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
A lot of those Americans who gave the democrats a thumping in Nov 2010.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Yasha Levine: Michele Bachmann: Welfare Queen - Truthdig

"data compiled from federal records by Environmental Working Group, a nonprofit watchdog that tracks the recipients of agricultural subsidies in the United States,

You didn't answer my question about exactly what type of farm subsidies she receives.

A political hitpiece from a liberal blog doesn't really impress me much.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:

"lopsided" will happen no matter who's giving the rebuttal since they have your eyes and ears at that moment to say whatever they want without fielding questions or giving another side to it.

You could say Obama's rebuttal was lopsided too.

"off the wall" is a relative term dependent upon what the viewer's POV is.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:43 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
I cannot wait for someone to publicly and LOUDLY call her out and make her answer for her hypocrisy surrounding her receiving farm subsidies as she decries entitlememt programs. This is bound to surface if this nutjob decides to seriously run. Any opponent will have a field day with this and rightly so!
Exactly! Should be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies