Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2011, 05:55 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
This is why Alaskans carry a firearm:

Nice bear!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 05:57 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,755,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Treeing Walker Coonhound. He is 18 months.

Attachment 74617
Thanks; he's a good looking dog. I've heard of coons being used in bear hunting--I'm assuming for blackies?

Old 01-24-2011, 06:01 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Glitch thanks.... I am sure glad it wasn't me. If I lived i sure would have needed new bvd's.

I was surprised to see any handgun worked.
I am glad it was not me either. He said that the adrenaline rush caused him to throw up for almost an hour afterwards and he could not even stand up as the AK Troopers did their investigation.

I always carry a Mossberg model 500 loaded with slugs as my camp gun and a Ruger Super Redhawk .44 Mag (as backup), but so far I have never had cause to use either in self-defense. I hope it stays that way, but I still carry just in case.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:04 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination83 View Post
Yep.

If you need a gun because you're scared of your own shadow. You're a wimp. You show me an ex-con and 9 times out of ten it's just some scumbag coward. A real man doesn't need an assault rifle to feel safe. You guys can defend your existence however much you want. I can walk down the street without a gun. And guess what? I'm not scared of anyone. I rather be dead than some scared punk who thinks he needs a gun to survive.

Well I own 3 Ak-47 clones, but never used one yet for self defence. Instead I carry one of several .45 pistols and at home use a pump 12 ga shot gun. I still have the shot gun I used to defend my home and family with. I had to work the next day as a foreign car mechanic and being a whimp I need both hands to work, so beating the pulp out of a drugged up bad guy the liberals released on paroll after 6 other crimes all violent and drug related isn't any option for me. I can't feed my wife and child if I don't work like x cons on welfare can. I don't get social services for being a violent offender like violent x cons do.

I tried to get my wife to grow her very own penis like TK and you have, but she simply laughs at me and refuse with out any thinking. I know she does think about it a bit since her answers are so fast.

If she would just grow a big penis she might not be a whimp like me.

What did you take to grow a big penis, was it whey? Did you work it out?

How many bad guys can you deal with at one time with your big penis? Do they call you gay if you wack out a bunch of bad guys with your big penis?

Old 01-24-2011, 06:04 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Thanks; he's a good looking dog. I've heard of coons being used in bear hunting--I'm assuming for blackies?
Yes...if I let him go.....Michigan black bear.

We went to his first meet in NC and he was 6th to the tree out of 30.

Proud Mama here....

Last edited by Driller1; 01-24-2011 at 06:17 PM..

Old 01-24-2011, 06:08 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,888,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
what don't you know? we need to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government, violent crime, from people who want to take away our rights, from terrorists and drug dealers, from local thugs and gangs, from communist nazi oligarchs and we need guns to protect our freedom. every person should at least own 5 pistols and 3 machine guns.
Why did you bother to comment if you had nothing to say...??

Old 01-24-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I am glad it was not me either. He said that the adrenaline rush caused him to throw up for almost an hour afterwards and he could not even stand up as the AK Troopers did their investigation.

I always carry a Mossberg model 500 loaded with slugs as my camp gun and a Ruger Super Redhawk .44 Mag (as backup), but so far I have never had cause to use either in self-defense. I hope it stays that way, but I still carry just in case.
I have had several Ruger Super Blackhawks, but heard they are not suitable for grizz. The good thing for me is there are no grizz in NH.

I would question the .44 mag and think the back up should be that .454, but then I have never been to AK yet.

All I know is that for grizz I would want something bigger than 12 ga slugs, and or a rifle bigger than 30-06, probably a belted magnum in 458 or some wicked mule kicking varmint gun for big varmints up that way.

That picture say a lot about me being a whimp..... I do have moose and black bears but nothing like that grizz.

I hope your friend got to eat that grizz. That thing is massive. I hope he made a claws necklace too, seems fitting.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:19 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,898,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
I guess the main question is why do we need to have the right to own a gun?
Most of us do not need to have a gun.

However, the Bill of Rights clearly gives us the right to bear arms. That has been interpreted to allow us to own semi-automatic firearms and the ammunition they use.

I guess that is all there is to say about that.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:25 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I have had several Ruger Super Blackhawks, but heard they are not suitable for grizz. The good thing for me is there are no grizz in NH.

I would question the .44 mag and think the back up should be that .454, but then I have never been to AK yet.

All I know is that for grizz I would want something bigger than 12 ga slugs, and or a rifle bigger than 30-06, probably a belted magnum in 458 or some wicked mule kicking varmint gun for big varmints up that way.

That picture say a lot about me being a whimp..... I do have moose and black bears but nothing like that grizz.

I hope your friend got to eat that grizz. That thing is massive. I hope he made a claws necklace too, seems fitting.
I use a special "hot" load for my .44, a Speer 240 grain JHP with 24 grains of H110. It is only a backup firearm, when I am unable to get to my camp gun. I would not recommend using a handgun on any grizzly or brown bear, if you can avoid it. However, if that is the only weapon at your disposal and your life depends on it, then definitely use it.

A 12-guage with .65 caliber slugs is perfectly adequate for stopping a large bear, at close range (within 100 yards). I am looking to sell my Remington .458 Win Mag because it is "too much" gun for Alaska. I do not need anything that big.

The brown bear my friend shot was impounded by the AK Troopers, as is the case with the vast majority of self-defense shootings. He was not allowed to keep any part of it.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:34 PM

Glitch, really impounded? Do you know what the state does with such things? I hope it isn't all wasted for some schmoosie law.

Me i am chicken as they come when it comes to being eatten by a grizz. Maybe because I don't get to see any and they seem bigger than life, but for right now IMO there is no such thing a too much gun. I can live with that flaw pretty easy. What is it you plan to settle for? Holland and Holland 300 mag?

Back east all we need is a 30 30 pea shooter. That will take anything in NH. Nothing in NH will eat us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies