Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 09:37 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,094,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintblaster View Post
You would have learned a few new tricks if she kept you after school...
You wouldn't be married to a school teacher, would you? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 10:10 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
While I do agree the PC thing has gone too far I would also point out that Zero Tolerance is also a large part of the problem. The Principle and teachers are not allowed to look at the circumstances and make a fair judgement on punishment or not. It is called lazy and a knee jerk raction to some kids breaking the rules and school violence, real or percieved. Never forget that both conservatives and liberals backed the idea of zero tolerance.
Casper

Old 01-25-2011, 04:18 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,709,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg So View Post
Talk about an incredibly biased view of the world, as if political correctness is responsible for all of the (inaccurate) scenarios posted. Only in some fantasy world does each of the scenarios exist. In the real world, the outcomes are usually quite varied and seldom as depicted.

As an example, in the real world, it's the wimpy son of a staunch Republican that gets repeatedly bullied and beat up by wanna-be gang members. It isn't political correctness that's responsible for the changes in the last 20-30-40 years, it's conservative demand for law-and-order.

And truth be told, my scenario is way too simplified also. The changes that have occurred have been the result of both liberals and conservatives working (in their own ways) to bring order and decency to the American way of life.
What? Those scenarios are pretty darn accurate! Now, political correctness may not be the only cause of our current problems, but PC is a problem. What positive spin can you put on political correctness? Is there any redeeming qualities that PC has contributed to our modern society. Is the world a better place because of PC? I don't think so!

Old 01-25-2011, 04:44 PM

256 posts, read 216,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
What? Those scenarios are pretty darn accurate! Now, political correctness may not be the only cause of our current problems, but PC is a problem. What positive spin can you put on political correctness? Is there any redeeming qualities that PC has contributed to our modern society. Is the world a better place because of PC? I don't think so!
Those are your opinions.

Do you really think that every time two boys got into a fight, they shook hands and became best of friends? Believe it or not, the world isn't quite that simple. The scenarios put the best possible spin (and yes, it is spin) on what the world was like decades ago, and the worst possible spin on today's world. That is not reality.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:51 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
So why is it the liberals fault when conservatives have backed all this pc in our schools too.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:01 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Those libs love to trot out their "word of the day" dont they? lol!!
I guess it makes them feel important!
And yet they flip Sarah Palin crap when she makes up a new word...

Old 01-25-2011, 05:03 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
This would make for an awesome sensitivity training class:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhlWddAXSRA for those suggesting it.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:32 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,632,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Thanks, I wondered where the OP plagiarized from.
Plagiarized or not, it's freaking HILARIOUS, and oh so very true!

Old 01-25-2011, 05:33 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
I'd say something witty if I didn't already try the last 10 times this was posted.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:43 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
So now that it's not 1975, and the world is a whole lot more diverse place, maybe it's time to stop throwing slurs at each other, and quit trying to defend those slurs by calling them "liberal PC correctness" or whatever the heck some of you are trying to do here.

Bring back Archie Bunker and the Jeffersons!!!
One of the best shows ever!

There is not a liberal station that would show All in the Family, today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies