Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 08:21 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times

Advertisements

It was a little weak on the Deficit side, he could have been more forceful on the need for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 08:22 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
i am sitting here watching the sotu and i see boehner behind obama and it is just funny.

If boehner is doing the work of the people, how does he have such a good tan in january? You can see it in his eyes....you know he is thinking i need a drink and a smoke.
:d

Old 01-25-2011, 08:22 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Surely, you are not suggesting that it was the Obama administration's policies that precipitated the 9 million job losses. And, unless you are a believer in fairy tales, you don't believe that the President has a magic wand that he can simply wave to create jobs.

The market has been going up (not up and down) for 5 months. The economy, which is reflected in the stock market, has to revive before jobs can be created and that IS happening.
Liberals have controlled congress for 4 years. TOTAL control for the last 2 years and was handed a 800 BILLION DOLLAR blank check to create jobs.

Yes, this is the Obama economy and he has lost 9 million jobs.

His magic wand was a 800 BILLION dollar check and we have lost 9 million dollars on his watch.

Jobs are not being created, if you really believe that tell us where they are at. Link please?

We have 9 factories in my home town that have closed in the last year and gone with it is thousands of jobs. We have 30 year workers getting laid off for the first time ever.

Nothing is getting better, just the smokey screen is getting moved.

The economy as of today is worse then any time since the depression and who is sitting in the WH? You got it. Who was handed 800 billion to fix things? You got it. Who has been in control of congress for 4 years? You got it.

And you wonder why people voted the dems out in RECORD numbers recently.

The best line in the entire speech was about the smoked salmon.

Probably one of the worst addresses I can ever remember overall. Thinking Bush Sr had horrible addresses but this one might take the cake.

Only one thing I liked about what he had to say. Corporate taxes going down so we can create jobs.

Finally Obama gets it, he has to move to the reps ideas to get the economy going.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:24 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,954 times
It was a mixed bag, solid at times but a bit flat. Some great ideas but not a lot of substance when it comes to spending and cuts. Some of the things he has said before and has yet to act on.

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Liberals have controlled congress for 4 years. TOTAL control for the last 2 years and was handed a 800 BILLION DOLLAR blank check to create jobs.

Yes, this is the Obama economy and he has lost 9 million jobs.

His magic wand was a 800 BILLION dollar check and we have lost 9 million dollars on his watch.

Jobs are not being created, if you really believe that tell us where they are at. Link please?

We have 9 factories in my home town that have closed in the last year and gone with it is thousands of jobs. We have 30 year workers getting laid off for the first time ever.

Nothing is getting better, just the smokey screen is getting moved.

The economy as of today is worse then any time since the depression and who is sitting in the WH? You got it. Who was handed 800 billion to fix things? You got it. Who has been in control of congress for 4 years? You got it.

And you wonder why people voted the dems out in RECORD numbers recently.

The best line in the entire speech was about the smoked salmon.

Probably one of the worst addresses I can ever remember overall. Thinking Bush Sr had horrible addresses but this one might take the cake.

Only one thing I liked about what he had to say. Corporate taxes going down so we can create jobs.

Finally Obama gets it, he has to move to the reps ideas to get the economy going.
How can I argue with the voice of reason....

Great to see Nancy sitting in the back ROW instead of clapping herself to death behind Obama.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:25 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times
It's obvious that BA's "Grand Vision" was very centrified, and that he recognized the fact that he just can't run roughshod over American taxpayers any longer. BTW, I've heard that it would take well over a million new jobs each month just to keep things at a level equal to normal growth.

Good thing he stayed away from that mainstay Democrat talking point as well: additional gun control laws. After all, there's already 20,000 on the books, and far as I know, it's already a real bad felony to shoot someone in the head! But if we outlaw it, then we'll all be a lot safer, huh?

And 80% access to hi speed rail? This is not Japan, with everything about 14 miles from each other. It would still take over 2 days to train from Seattle to NYC, with many many stops for fuel, pick-ups, etc. As well, the entire passenger rail lines would have to be specially built; you can't run fast trains on slow freight lines. Waaaay too slow for this massive nation.

Anyhow, we'll see. Barak's got a real difficult job, one that Wall Street greed got us into, but then he just bought them all off so they could go off on expensive weekends. Too bad we lowly taxpayers have to foot the bill.

Smarter then Obama too!

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Just another State of the Union. Don't matter who is POTUS, they all sound the same yammering on about our journey to the mystical promise land.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:32 PM

565 posts, read 486,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Great to see Nancy sitting in the back ROW instead of clapping herself to death behind Obama.
At least she was alive, not looking sedated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies