Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 11:41 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
He is awesome and gave a much better speech then Obama did.

At least he addressed the real issues and gave real life answers instead of pipe dreams and lies.

He has done what he has said he and they would do so far.

Very impressive the "party of the majority" has been so far in the house.
No Ryan didn't, bless him He was terrible:

"A few years ago, reducing spending was important. Today, it's imperative" He didn't get it then, and he
doesn't get it now.

They were both bad. Seems no one has a clue up in there chamber Biden or Boehner could have given better speeches than either one of them. I'm united in that

And, I'm sure Boehner himself, is getting tired of getting applause for sweeping floors as a young man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 11:44 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,007,279 times
Default Alito was missing in Action tonight

Justice Samuel Alito to skip State of the Union - Meredith Shiner - POLITICO.com

He could have shown that he was above all of the controversy and showed up for this SOTU, but he didn't.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:49 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,525,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Its actually 2.8 million not 9 million, the numbers were higher after the first few months in office when he took over under conditions in which the previous administration left with losing 700,000 + jobs a month.
Yes, it's all George Bush's fault. Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama) is nothing more than a puppet in the never-ending failed Bush administration.

If only George Bush wasn't still in charge, all of Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama) problems would be solved. His promises would have been kept, the economy would be back on track, Iran would have stopped its work on developing a nuclear bomb and would be negotiating a peace treaty with Israel. North Korea would have ended its tyrannical regime, and integrity would have been restored to the federal government.

American citizens are conditioned to believe the government or be considered possible terrorists.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:58 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Yes, it's all George Bush's fault. Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama) is nothing more than a puppet in the never-ending failed Bush administration.

If only George Bush wasn't still in charge, all of Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama) problems would be solved. His promises would have been kept, the economy would be back on track, Iran would have stopped its work on developing a nuclear bomb and would be negotiating a peace treaty with Israel. North Korea would have ended its tyrannical regime, and integrity would have been restored to the federal government.

American citizens are conditioned to believe the government or be considered possible terrorists.

Did I say that? No All I did was point out that the 9 million figure in Sunny Days post is simply made up and fact of the matter is we were in a complete job loss free fall in late 08 and early 09.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:04 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,982,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
That just seems odd to me. I just don't know many men who hang out in tanning beds.
You have a point there..

Old 01-26-2011, 12:20 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
A State of the Union address has details?

It must have been an kick ass SOTU if that's all you've got.

President Obama was more relaxed, and stronger than I've seen him since he was elected to office.

And damned if he didn't spend some time with strong talk about alternative energy.

And damned if he didn't say what needed to be said about the Dream Act kids.

And damned if he didn't say what needed to be said about the massive changes in this country's industrial sector.

Right on! President Obama, right on!

BO has already slashed NASA's budget and now he's blathering on about restoring our competitiveness, emerging technologies and some crap about having a Sputnik moment.

Sputnik moment?

Now BO says he's going to rebuild our infrastructure and create the world's greatest schools, and all while cutting spending and continuing to support the NEA's education monopoly. He's a very good speaker as long as you don't try to take anything he says seriously since most of what he says contradicts something else he said or is just plain stupid.

I think next year we should incorporate a laugh track with the SOTU audio the way they do on sitcoms.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:22 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,201,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Has any President ever given an address that accurately reflected the state of the union? It's pretty much self-congratulatory and vague plans.
Well, although back then I was not fond of Reagan, his speeches were straightforward and uplifting. Obama speaks of platitudes, all kinds of boring ideas, but there is no substance.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:44 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Sanrene hated the speech? Color me shocked! Didn't you just say the same thing about his speech in Tucson? In your opinion, when did he have "good" speeches? I'm really interested to find out.
She doesn't have to listen to a speech of Obama to hate it.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:45 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,766,994 times
Well I came away with three impressions.

The first is Obama is one smart dude. He knew exactly what he was going to be attacked on and seized it. He seems to have an unusual grasp of history, complexity, and crisp analysis. And he has vision.

Second is that the cutting engines on a plane metaphor was as very poorly delivered. Lame, in fact. Hit a klinker there.

Third, he has the cajones to say what needs to be said to the rich mofos and made it clear he want to work CONSTRUCTIVELY with the budget hawks in the congress. He comes across as smarter than the vast majority of his opponents, made it clear he will be a formidable adversary if crossed.

This what leadership looks like from somone who cares for America more than lobbyists. Good for him. If he keeps this up, I will be proud to vote for him in 2012.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:45 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Well, although back then I was not fond of Reagan, his speeches were straightforward and uplifting. Obama speaks of platitudes, all kinds of boring ideas, but there is no substance.
Reagan was an actor, of course his speeches were "the best".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies