Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 05:05 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times

Advertisements

yeah, I reckon the Australian Womens cricket team could beat the NZ mens team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

21,353 posts, read 8,453,468 times
[quote=dnvrsoul;17608636]Hey if women want to be in combat then go for it..however, if they want total equality then women should not have the rules changed for them- Why not???
Example: Most firefighting physical exams for women are "easier" than what the men have to do-if you want to be a firefighter then go through the same EXACT training as a man . Same with combat-you want to be in combat then go through the exact same training as a man. Why???[/quote]

Our bodies are physically different. We require different things medically and physically as well as psychologically than men. We do the job differently. That means, we should be tested in a way that meets the requirements of the job and our metabolical needs. It doesn't mean we're cheating or less qualified. That's just a ridiculous hypothetical. There are always going to be jobs/things that women do better than men and vice versa. We are both different. But both quite capable. Good God. Are you still walking on all four???

1,811 posts, read 1,210,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
With the idea that women are capable of serving in combat arms that must open up the ideal of complete gender free sport, all sport. no exceptions.

If women are capable enough to serve in the high physical output of combat arms surely they would find gender free sport easy to compete on a equal footing.

Here is a sport that American do not play, but it does show the danger of some male sports.
And no I would not want my daughter ever facing a male of anywhere near this speed.

Oh, hitting the batsman is legal, it is his duty to get out of the way.
So ladies want complete and utter equality ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-f5pfBgpNE&NR=1
Give God a call. Only he can grant your request. Until then, well you'll hav e to settle for what you have.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:07 PM

[quote=CoastalMaine;17608749]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Hey if women want to be in combat then go for it..however, if they want total equality then women should not have the rules changed for them- Why not???
Example: Most firefighting physical exams for women are "easier" than what the men have to do-if you want to be a firefighter then go through the same EXACT training as a man . Same with combat-you want to be in combat then go through the exact same training as a man. Why???[/quote]

Our bodies are physically different. We require different things medically and physically as well as psychologically than men. We do the job differently. That means, we should be tested in a way that meets the requirements of the job and our metabolical needs. It doesn't mean we're cheating or less qualified. That's just a ridiculous hypothetical. There are always going to be jobs/things that women do better than men and vice versa. We are both different. But both quite capable. Good God. Are you still walking on all four???
So you are equal, in an unequal sort of way. Genius, pure genius. You've got all bases covered with that one. "Give me equal pay, equal status, but don't make me do the hard stuff because, although we are equal, we are not equal."

Old 01-27-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If women are capable of the same strenuous exercise as the men, and can be shown to lift just as much weight as a man, or be able to take down an opponent in hand to hand combat (and I happen to believe that they CAN...IF they train for it)...then let them in.

But until they can, don't.
T, we're more than capable of taking down other women. Don't presume the only enemy encountered would be a male. We're also trained in taking down a suspect, whether male or female.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
If women are capable of the same strenuous exercise as the men, and can be shown to lift just as much weight as a man, or be able to take down an opponent in hand to hand combat (and I happen to believe that they CAN...IF they train for it)...then let them in.

Very cogent and rational.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:11 PM

[quote=jeffington;17608779]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
So you are equal, in an unequal sort of way. Genius, pure genius. You've got all bases covered with that one. "Give me equal pay, equal status, but don't make me do the hard stuff because, although we are equal, we are not equal."
Don't even go there with me. If you haven't given birth, you don't even know the meaning of hard. You'd all be quiverin' like jellyfish on the beach.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:14 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:

No matter how much a house cat wants to be a lion, they simple aren't. This doesn't take away from the house cat. It's just a physical certainty.

[quote=CoastalMaine;17608834]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post

Don't even go there with me. If you haven't given birth, you don't even know the meaning of hard. You'd all be quiverin' like jellyfish on the beach.
That's pain and believe me I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of it. I watched my wifes pain through 3 births and a couple of miscarriages, so I'm well versed on the issue. However, there are different kinds of strengths and to compare giving birth and tolerance for pain against a mans strength verses a womans, isn't quite logical. They are two completely different things.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:15 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
T, we're more than capable of taking down other women. Don't presume the only enemy encountered would be a male. We're also trained in taking down a suspect, whether male or female.
I said that I believed that women were capable of taking a man in HTH combat...but they would have to TRAIN for it. I'm not a big man, but I'm capable of taking down men larger than me, because...I've had to. My life has trained me for it.

However, when I go to work at night, and I have to go help some woman because she can't pick up a box that weighs 75 pounds (or more) on her own--and I can--then she is NOT my equal.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:15 PM

[quote=CoastalMaine;17608834]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post

Well, I am going there with or without you. If you can't handle the heat, truth or pain, CYA L8R
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies