Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2011, 11:39 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Glenn Beck had India marked on his "caliphate" map as one of the dominoes which will fall because of the riots in Egypt.
I don't recall that. But he never said India by name. I saw the show, you didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 11:40 AM

434 posts, read 409,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Glen Beck's show today focused on how the purpose of all these uprising in the Middle East is to establish a row of dominoes from West Africa to Indonesia in which all non-Muslim governments will fall and a system of government known as caliphate governance will be established. Their intention is to also drag Europe into this chain. Is this remotely possible??
Glenn also brought these miscreants to light...

Larry Grathwohl, FBI undercover in Weather Underground (historical)

Larry Grathwohl, FBI undercover in Weather Underground (historical) Video

Ayers' group foresaw genocide of capitalists

Bill Ayers - Obama's Communist Terrorist Bomber Weather Underground Friend

William Ayers' forgotten communist manifesto: Prairie Fire

William Ayers' forgotten communist manifesto: Prairie Fire

Jared Loughner = Bill Ayers [Reader Post]

Jared Loughner = Bill Ayers [Reader Post] | Flopping Aces

Obama, Bill Ayers: Ayers Wanted to Kill 25 Million Die-Hard Capitalists

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9peonVh26A

Obama, Code Pink and Egypt: 'There Are No Coincidences in Politics' (as seen on Glenn Beck)

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/2668242/posts

http://bigpeace.com/taylorking/2011/...s-in-politics/

Another ‘peaceful protest’ from the left

http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/02/03/...from-the-left/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmdrkmtkCw4

Old 02-04-2011, 11:53 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I don't recall that. But he never said India by name. I saw the show, you didn't.
India was highlighted on his map as one of the countries in his horror story. Get used to it.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
India was highlighted on his map as one of the countries in his horror story. Get used to it.
I am getting used to all the propaganda you guys are drumming up. I am also getting used to the fact that somewhere along the line the people that support America for what it is meant to be will be at war with the likes of people like yourself over your silly ideas of Communism. Guess who will win that one.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:00 PM

166 posts, read 229,865 times
I can't believe that people are buying this stuff from Beck.

How can anyone seriously think that the problems in Egypt are connected to protests in Europe?

I mean - Ireland, as part of a caliphate?

I think most Irish people would be rather amused to hear that claim.

There was an article in the Guardian about Beck yesterday. It brought Beck's ignorance and dishonesty to a European audience.

Quote:
Beck, the apocalyptically-minded TV host, has the most complete theory on Egypt: the protests there are part of what he calls the "coming insurrection".
He illustrates how it will happen in the clip below using blackboards featuring maps of Europe and the Middle East. He marks friends with a yellow smiley face (Israel), "Frenemies" (Egypt, Saudi Arabia, etc.) with blue faces and enemies (Iran) with red. Through the use of stick-on fires to illustrate riots he announces to his American viewers: "I'm going to show you how all this cascades over to us" Middle East unrest according to Glenn Beck and friends

Says Glenn Beck, Fox News host:
This is not just happenstance. This is not just poor people mad at rich people. This is coordinated. Tunisia was the beginning. I think there is a chance Tunisia was our Archduke Ferdinand moment that I've been telling you about, warning that it would start in some place that wouldn't look like anything – and most of us wouldn't understand it. He was the guy assassinated in Sarajevo. Month later Austria and Hungary declared war against Serbia and the rest is called World War One
Beck, the apocalyptically-minded TV host, has the most complete theory on Egypt: the protests there are part of what he calls the "coming insurrection".
He illustrates how it will happen in the clip below using blackboards featuring maps of Europe and the Middle East. He marks friends with a yellow smiley face (Israel), "Frenemies" (Egypt, Saudi Arabia, etc.) with blue faces and enemies (Iran) with red. Through the use of stick-on fires to illustrate riots he announces to his American viewers: "I'm going to show you how all this cascades over to us".
Key to all it all is that Europe, as his map shows, is already in flames because of some of our recent street protests. Beck never explains the connection between the Greek government's austerity programme, tuition fees demonstrations in the UK and radical Islam (which no one on the ground in Egypt says is behind the protests there). Do I need to? Because I can't.
To cut to the chase, a new caliphate will emerge in the Middle East and push further east until China, as Beck puts it, says "Knock it off guys" and takes over India, reaching some way into Pakistan. The caliphate will then push north, which is when it will absorb the UK:
What happens to the overwhelming radical population of the UK, of radical Islamicists. What happens? Do they just sit around on their hands or do they see an opportunity? When you take the Marxists and you combine them with the radical in Islam the whole world begins to implode
So there you have it, an "Archduke Ferdinand moment" which will split Europe, the Middle East and Asia into Chinese and radical Islamic zones. In the full Beck, he also introduces Bill Ayers (who Sarah Palin had in mind when she accused Barack Obama of "palling around with terrorists"), Hizbullah and Code Pink, a feminist antiwar group. But that's enough for now.
Says a Glenn Beck radio show co-host:
Even when the French riots were going on, this was before Greece. The rioting in France - Paris was on fire virtually every night - we said this is coming to other countries
That's right. The origins of Egypt's protest lie not in Mubarak's dictatorship, a languid economy and lack of opportunity for young people but the 2005 unrest in Paris's banlieues. Does Greece have something to do with it too?
Here is Beck - this time on the radio - expanding on his theme of what the Egypt protests mean for Europe:
The Muslim radicals in Europe and England rise up. You've got the communists and the Muslim radicals, they are not one and the same, they are not coordinating or anything else. But once they start to work together - whether it is coordinated or not, and I don't believe it would be - once they start to work together in concert Europe is done. It is done. Where is the police force that is going to be able to police the entire world like that. Russia? The United States? How are you going to quell the Middle East?
I'm convinced he is just dishonest. No one could be so deprived of facts yet be so assertive on TV.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane... View Post
I can't believe that people are buying this stiff from Beck.

How can anyone seriously think that the problems in Egypt are connected to protests in Europe?

I mean - Ireland, as part of a caliphate?

I think most Irish people would be rather amused to hear that claim.

There was an article in the Guardian about Beck yesterday. It brought Beck's ignorance and dishonesty to a European audience.

I'm convinced he is just dishonest. No one could be so deprived of facts yet be so assertive on TV.
you just are uneducated about history and misinformed in general.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:30 PM

166 posts, read 229,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
you just are uneducated about history and misinformed in general.
You couldn't be more wrong, to be honest.

I have no idea why you are attacking me. Perhaps you would like to show me the error of my ways and explain to me how Ireland is at risk of becoming part of an Islamic caliphate?
Or how the tuition fee protests in London are in any way connected to the current situation in Egypt?

Beck is the one who is misinformed. Either that, or he is informed and is deliberately misinforming others.

He is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane... View Post
You couldn't be more wrong, to be honest.

I have no idea why you are attacking me. Perhaps you would like to show me the error of my ways and explain to me how Ireland is at risk of becoming part of an Islamic caliphate?
Or how the tuition fee protests in London are in any way connected to the current situation in Egypt?

Beck is the one who is misinformed. Either that, or he is informed and is deliberately misinforming others.

He is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.
You are definitely misinformed. First of all you didn't watch the show, you are getting your information second hand. He never said Ireland would fall to Islam, he stated that the LEFT is responsible for ALL the turmoil going on over there and how that is entagled with what Islam wants. Please work on your ability to comprehend what is being presented and stay within that context. He also said, that the world would be split up into areas where only a few factions rule. Did you know he said that or were you only told he said that ISLAM wanted to rule the entire world? Which of course they do.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:38 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Gleeples are such pathetic, ignorant folks....

Old 02-04-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Gleeples are such pathetic, ignorant folks....
really? You mean to say that the left who NEVER uses facts and makes a bad habit out of lying, propaganda, violence and racism are the brightest ones of the bunch? I would never have guessed that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies