Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 10:23 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,578,817 times

Advertisements

Coulter? LOL I almost barfed! Anyways how sad is it that the pro gun people push a agenda where shooting off mutiple bullets in seconds somehow makes us "safer"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 10:57 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,624,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Coulter? LOL I almost barfed! Anyways how sad is it that the pro gun people push a agenda where shooting off mutiple bullets in seconds somehow makes us "safer"?
Just as an opening aside here, the reason most of the left hate Ann Coulter is because she exposed their hypocricies so well. Somehow, on some level, they hate her because she makes them face the fallacies and hypocrices of their own premises...and the way they apply such in their everyday lives. This, as opposed to how they righteously tell others to live. Hear me, algore?...hee hee

This is the prime reason why liberal "talk radio" failed so miserably. There is something at the heart of the left world vision that promotes misery. Not to say I haven't met some liberals who actually do have a sense of humor (one of my best buddies is an example), but for the most part? Liberalism and cynical humor are incompatible. If the whole idea is selling misery and gloom and doom and class-envy and the race-card (or sexist card, or whatever), then what can possibly be funny about such matters? Instead, lets just all go slash our wrists!

Uhhh, did I stray off topic. Yeah, I guess I did. But you go, Ann!

Anyway, MiamiRob? As usual, you are 180 degrees off of it all. Nobody is "pushing an agenda" to own large clip weapons?" But do honestly think that restricting them would have had any affect whatsover in just about any mass-shooting that ever occured? Most of these weapons (which I highly doubt you know anything about, anyway) are in the hands of gun-collectors, shooters, etc...in other words, the law-abiding armed citizen.

So when some nut goes on a rampage, I want one the above to be there...which a large magazine that will shoot him down like the mad dog he is.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:11 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,940,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Just as an opening aside here, the reason most of the left hate Ann Coulter is because she exposed their hypocricies so well. Somehow, on some level, they hate her because she makes them face the fallacies and hypocrices of their own premises...and the way they apply such in their everyday lives. This, as opposed to how they righteously tell others to live. Hear me, algore?...hee hee

This is the prime reason why liberal "talk radio" failed so miserably. There is something at the heart of the left world vision that promotes misery. Not to say I haven't met some liberals who actually do have a sense of humor (one of my best buddies is an example), but for the most part? Liberalism and cynical humor are incompatible. If the whole idea is selling misery and gloom and doom and class-envy and the race-card (or sexist card, or whatever), then what can possibly be funny about such matters? Instead, lets just all go slash our wrists!

Anyway, MiamiRob? As usual, you are 180 degrees off of it all. Nobody is "pushing an agenda" to own large clip weapons?" But do honestly think that restricting them would have had any affect whatsover in just about any mass-shooting that ever occured? Most of these weapons (which I highly doubt you know anything about, anyway) are in the hands of gun-collectors, shooters, etc...in other words, the law-abiding armed citizen.

So when some nut goes on a rampage, I want one the above to be there...which a large magazine that will shoot him down like the mad dog he is.
So, are we to go around armed all the time just in case some crazy decides to go on the rampage?

Old 02-06-2011, 11:13 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,962,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post

I would rather have someone there that can actually hit what they are shooting at and not just spraying rounds in hopes they might actually hit the right person. There should be a certain level of skill shown before anyone gets the right to carry in cities and towns, the main skill should be able to actually use the tool they are carrying, if you need 20 rounds to hit the target you FAIL.
Casper

Old 02-06-2011, 11:20 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,309,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Ann Coulter, Roy, can't you at least find someone with a bit of human decency to quote.
Quote? I just posted the link and gave you plenty of warning so I doubt you opened the link. Am I really so wrong about that?

Old 02-06-2011, 11:24 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,624,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I would rather have someone there that can actually hit what they are shooting at and not just spraying rounds in hopes they might actually hit the right person. There should be a certain level of skill shown before anyone gets the right to carry in cities and towns, the main skill should be able to actually use the tool they are carrying, if you need 20 rounds to hit the target you FAIL.
Casper
Being from Texas, you should know that, before being issued a CCL, one actually does have to prove profiency with a handgun. I have one (although I seldom carry) and had to pass the test.

Something else to consider is that the "bad guy" doesn't care who he hits, so such a test is really irrelvant to the intent (to kill as many innocent people as possible).

The point is, that these bans on "assault weapons" or "large magazines" have no affect whatsoever on those who will use them to commit mass murder. The only thing they do is inconvenience the legitimate gun-collector, competition shooter, etc.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:27 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,331,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
So, are we to go around armed all the time just in case some crazy decides to go on the rampage?
Yes, as a matter of personal choice, but yes. Why not?

Old 02-06-2011, 11:30 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,331,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Casper
Disagree. Federal agents are as well trained as any law enforcement in the world, have to qualify four times a year, and they carry Glock-19's. (Until next quarter when many will move up a notch to the 40 cal.)

Old 02-06-2011, 11:31 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,956,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Shouldn't Coulter, which is a 'C' word, be off somewhere whining about widows enjoying their husbands' deaths or something?
Cheap Shot!!

Please tell me a Liberal who cares about guns, one who is exposing ACLU and Liberals who are against guns. Show me someone on the left that is speaking out for 2nd Amendment.

The problem with their law, is it's just the beginning. They take one kind of gun, magazine, they will just keep going.

It's their dream....... NO GUNS for the PEOPLE!!

Why don't they do something about these people before they strike, they knew Loughner had issues and did NOTHING!!! So, now it's the guns fault, others who own guns,it's their price to pay.

After all, isn't it President Obama who always says " They bring a knife, We will bring a gun".

I would love to go to a shooting range with the man, wonder if he knows how to shoot.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:32 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,530,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Free citizens must protect themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies