Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 06:59 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,340,776 times

Advertisements

How about David Koch vs. George Soros in a winner take all steel cage death match?

I bet everything on David Koch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 07:02 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Well if Alternut says so...............

Ok, I confess, Walker is following my orders. i told him to break the union. There I said it. now I must get in my rocket ship and get to sector 9 in alph centuri. If you adorn your tin foil hats you may join me and Tightwad.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:02 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
I'm sure you'll still be delighted some day when you and/or your husband have to work for below minimum wage. Just keep on celebrating.

And why not leave aned take another job? I am not willing to support collective barganing as a tax payer, unions always unwilling to compromise ....and besides, why can't individuals negotiate themselves....come one

Old 02-18-2011, 07:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
How about David Koch vs. George Soros in a winner take all steel cage death match?

I bet everything on David Koch.
Put it on Pay per View and have it hosted by "The Rock".

Old 02-18-2011, 07:05 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,815,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
I'm sure you'll still be delighted some day when you and/or your husband have to work for below minimum wage. Just keep on celebrating.
Have you heard of labor laws?

Old 02-18-2011, 07:09 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,316,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Fear-monger alert!

The governmnet has taken over where unions began a century ago in protecting all working people regardless of their affiliations from unfair labor proctices, unsafe working conditions. The unions may not have outlived their usefullness if they had not been so greedy as to break the backs of the taxpayers through the public employees union.
You have no idea what you're dealing with. If you think the people running this thing (the planet) are going to pay the hard working, responsible, good people above average wages so they can live high on the hog while only the poor, lazy, dumb losers have to work for $7.00 an hour with no benefits so you can look down your nose at your inferiors than you'll be in for a rude awakening.

They'll come for your standard of living when they're done with them. BET on it! But I expect civil unrest, riots and very possibly the start of WWIII before it get's that bad.

History repeats! they're using the same play book they've used for the last 100 years. Understand it. Be prepared. You think they have underground cities all over the world and internment camps because they like building things for no reason?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6oXVYJsYwY

Also google Joel Skousen and WWIII.

As well as prophecies and WWIII.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:38 PM

957 posts, read 758,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Why would government employees need a union to protect them from their employer..the government itself ?
It's through the union that the employees receive fair benefits. It's called "organization"

Old 02-18-2011, 07:40 PM

957 posts, read 758,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Have you heard of labor laws?
And how do you think these labor laws came about?

Old 02-18-2011, 07:41 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,704 times
People have forgotten what the plight of the working man was before unions, or perhaps their cushy middle and upper middle class backgrounds have kept them isolated from the grim realities of every day working class life.

Some would have us return to the sixteen hour workdays and shameful safety conditions that were the norm before unions. I'm constantly amazed by how little people learn from history.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:42 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
And how do you think these labor laws came about?
Bingo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies