Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 08:45 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I'm not a lefty either, but I understand the difference between right and wrong. This is wrong. If you have to "stand up and fight" by using thug tactics, you've lost before you started. Republicans should be better than this.

Republicans ARE better than that. But they are also smart and they are sick and tired of watching the left try to destroy this country. Republicans are finally standing up to fight and it is great!

The left typically does not distinguish between right and wrong - they use whatever tactic they can to win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 08:45 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So you were similiarly appalled at how the health care legislation was forced through?
I don't recall the healthcare legislation going through within a week without debate and modifications, do you?

Old 02-21-2011, 08:46 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I read earlier, I'll try to find it, that the dems had implied that they were not going to attend this session so, the repubs proceeded as if the dems were not going to be there. When the dems showed up it was a surprise.

The repubs apologized and explained as I have written above. The repubs suspended proceedings so the dems come come up to speed.
So that explains why they schedule the vote 4 days after the bill was introduced, shut off any debate, didn't allow amendments, and didn't give the Dems the bill until the last minute, and then notified them the vote was being held, and then held it even earlier? Yeah, I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for all of that...

After they had their heads handed to them in a hat on video, I'm sure they did backtrack.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post

" Lesson #1: When you blatantly abuse power, people fight back.
This is Wisconsin Rep Gordon Hintz (D) on the R's process of scheduling votes with just a few minutes notice on the budget bill, or holding them earlier than scheduled, and NOT EVEN GIVING THEM COPIES OF THE BILL, so that democratic representatives aren't there to vote or debate. I was a R for 30 years, and I've never been as ashamed of the republican party as I am right now. My husband was a campaign staffer, and later a key staff member of a republican governor's administration, and I promise you--this is NOT "politics as usual." They need to recall the R leadership in Wisconsin--this is outrageous."""

I am taken aback at how much this post brings to mind Obama's Health Care Bill and how it had to be passed so they could see what was in it.

If the Republicans needed more than 10 months to be able to read the healthcare bill, perhaps they should take a reading comprehension course.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:48 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,276,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If the Republicans needed more than 10 months to be able to read the healthcare bill, perhaps they should take a reading comprehension course.
Actually, it was (D) Pelosi who said that.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
The R's are doing exactly what they were elected to do, kick @ss and take names...! We are taking the country back from the corruption that has been growing slowly for years. Now the good guys are in charge and the crooked unions are coming to an end..
Fire all those incompetent teachers and administration and get some people who care about the product they turn out...!! All we have teaching now are union sucks..!
Is this what you wanted the Rs to do?

Quote:
Budget deficits are a ruse, as we've seen in Wisconsin, where the governor turned a surplus into a deficit by providing corporate tax breaks, and then used the deficit as a ploy to break the unions, not just in Wisconsin, but seeking to be the first domino in a nationwide conservative movement.
Walker increases budget deficit with massive tax breaks to corporations

Old 02-21-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I read earlier, I'll try to find it, that the dems had implied that they were not going to attend this session so, the repubs proceeded as if the dems were not going to be there. When the dems showed up it was a surprise.

The repubs apologized and explained as I have written above. The repubs suspended proceedings so the dems come come up to speed.
Please supply the source/link where you read this. I sure did not get that impression from the gentleman who had the floor in this video.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:53 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Sorry but this is not the right process of legislation. This is bully politics. I am sure if dems did this, the right would be all up in arms.
We have been for 2 years now, elections have consequences.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:54 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Did you really just say that!

Nasty Nancy coined the phrase "we need to pass it to know what is in it." It took a lot of people a long time to wade through the bs in that disasterous bill.

It won't take the republicans long to dismantle/defund it though!!

Old 02-21-2011, 08:56 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Oh please! Lefties wrote the book on your side did it too/lie/deflect/blame/RUN AWAY.

So if someone from the right does it, all of a sudden it is wrong? How pathetic.
So you admit the Repubs are doing the above? And with that because the other did it it is now ok for your guys to do it? That is exactly why so many Independent voters do not trust either Party enough to join them.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies