Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 09:14 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Could we say the same about the bill under question in WI?
How long is the bill in WI and did the Republicans flee Washington when it came time to vote for the health-care bill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 09:15 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,276,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Did you really just say that!

Nasty Nancy coined the phrase "we need to pass it to know what is in it." It took a lot of people a long time to wade through the bs in that disasterous bill.

It won't take the republicans long to dismantle/defund it though!!

Old 02-21-2011, 09:15 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
As do actions once elected, the GOP is going to pay if they continue using bully tactics to address the issues in this nation. I have never seen a political Party shoot themselves in the foot so quickly after regaining power. I see they truely do believe in term limits, their own.
Casper
At least someone is addressing the issues in this nation, it's hard to do anything when Democrats want to hide and ignore the real issues for years.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:19 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Yes, like your typical, long, diatribe you previously posted.
I guess I should have used fewer words to express my opinion but I sometimes forget that there are some here are not up to reading much more than one liner posts. Next time just skip over it, which you probably did since you obviously had nothing to say concerning what I posted. Maybe I should use more pictures and maybe add a U-Tube video to help those with less developed reading skills, nope, sorry but I am only interested in discussions with those with minds that function at an adult level.
Casper

Old 02-21-2011, 09:22 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,276,435 times
Quote:
Yes, like your typical, long, diatribe you previously posted.
Yes. Some love to pontificate.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:28 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
I think the R's have more to worry about than the 2012 elections--in Wisconsin you can hold a recall vote for any elected official who's been in office for a year or more. If the R's don't back down on gutting collective bargaining, and if they force this through, the Dem's are evidently planning on going after every R they can now through recall, and the rest in January of next year. Two of my sisters live in Wisconsin--one is a R, and one is a D. Even the R thinks this is wrong, and that the longer it drags on, the more sympathy there is for the public workers. You seem to forget--the people they're doing this to are respected members of the community and neighbors to many voters. The heavy handedness is upsetting people too...we'll have to see what happens.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:23 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Original video from OP was removed by user, fortunately another youtube user had uploaded the same video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4ndrIZdNE8

Old 02-21-2011, 11:35 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Go Gordon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N41Ar0IHhM4

Old 02-21-2011, 12:55 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Somebody has to stand up for what's right once in awhile--it helps me from becoming a complete cynic about politics. I'd vote for this guy.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:56 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Lesson #1: When you blatantly abuse power, people fight back.
True, true. I just can't believe the Left/dems are complaining after what was done in passing one of their signature pieces of legislation.

We did indeed see the people fight back, didn't we?

In the Nov 2010 election they fought back brutally, throwing the democrats out of power around the nation for their abuses of power.

WI was one of the lucky recipients of the people fighting back.

What the democrats are doing and what you seem to be advocating, is to nullify that election by fleeing their responsibility and duty.

Remember, elections have consequences.

Quote:
The heavy handedness is upsetting people too...we'll have to see what happens.
Where was the complaint of heavy-handedness when the losing dem legislature tried to ram through their union contracts in the interim between the election and the new legislature taking their seats?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies