Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 08:57 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So you admit the Repubs are doing the above? And with that because the other did it it is now ok for your guys to do it? That is exactly why so many Independent voters do not trust either Party enough to join them.
Casper
Nice deflect! The left are truly masters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 09:00 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Actually, it was (D) Pelosi who said that.
She was referring to the Republicans. She knew they needed a long time to be able to read this bill.

I know that I could easily read those 2000 pages within 72 hours. There are a lot of spaces between the lines, therefore, each page really only had about 15 sentences on it.

Quote:
By making the changes public on Tuesday, the House Democratic leaders could open debate on the bill on Friday or Saturday, while fulfilling their pledge to allow 72 hours of review before bringing the measure to the full chamber.
House Democrats prepare health care bill for floor debate – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

This is an example of how the Democrats allow democracy to work as opposed to the sleazy way the GOP works.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:02 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
She was referring to the Republicans. She knew they needed a long time to be able to read this bill.

I know that I could easily read those 2000 pages within 72 hours. There are a lot of spaces between the lines, therefore, each page really only had about 15 sentences on it.

House Democrats prepare health care bill for floor debate – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

This is an example of how the Democrats allow democracy to work as opposed to the sleazy way the GOP works.
You CANNOT read 2000 pages of legislation and comprehend what you read in 72 hours, impossible. This isn't a romance novel, it's health-care legislation.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
We have been for 2 years now, elections have consequences.
This phrase will bite Republicans in the back during the 2012 election. I guarantee that!

Old 02-21-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
You CANNOT read 2000 pages of legislation and comprehend what you read in 72 hours, impossible. This isn't a romance novel, it's health-care legislation.
Could we say the same about the bill under question in WI?

Old 02-21-2011, 09:05 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
The R's are doing exactly what they were elected to do, kick @ss and take names...! We are taking the country back from the corruption that has been growing slowly for years. Now the good guys are in charge and the crooked unions are coming to an end..
Fire all those incompetent teachers and administration and get some people who care about the product they turn out...!! All we have teaching now are union sucks..!
The first part is typical right-wing confusion over what the People really wanted. Did they really run on a platform of breaking the back of the teachers union and all other unions in the state, I could not find any evidence to support that thinking.

On the second part, IF they were to do that who do you think would teach your children, if you even have any? Forget hiring thousands of new teachers they will not be interested in working in a place where they cannot negotiate their own benefits. While you are at it why not fire those evil union Police Officers and Firemen since after all they are also unionized and support the Teachers in this? Go for it, it would be hilarious seeing the Repubs in Wis get removed from office by the voters of the state, and if you do not believe that is possible you are delusional. Heck just wait until the next elections, no amount of redistricting will save them this time, you cannot **** off that many people within your own state and survive the political backlash.
Casper

Old 02-21-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Nice deflect! The left are truly masters.
No deflection at all, I was replying to your typical foot in mouth comment.
Casper

Old 02-21-2011, 09:09 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No deflection at all, I was replying to your typical foot in mouth comment.
Casper
Yes, like your typical, long, diatribe you previously posted.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
We have been for 2 years now, elections have consequences.
As do actions once elected, the GOP is going to pay if they continue using bully tactics to address the issues in this nation. I have never seen a political Party shoot themselves in the foot so quickly after regaining power. I see they truely do believe in term limits, their own.
Casper

Old 02-21-2011, 09:13 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This phrase will bite Republicans in the back during the 2012 election. I guarantee that!
I guess we'll find out won't we, it'll be a little easier when we don't have to fight against billions of dollars of corrupt labor union money though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies