Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 08:46 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times

Advertisements

Who else can say "OR ELSE your kids will be hurt" and get away with it? If a normal worker bee made that threat we'd be in jail......Our faimlys are being held hostage..................
Thats pretty thugish in my mind....
P.S.
I am a public employee............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 08:48 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Acknowledging and dealing with the truth can make you free.
The truth is that the Right is belligerently anti-social and anti-worker.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:49 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
A MAN dressed as a woman who tries to rush and assault Ron Paul (a presidential candidate at the time) needed to be restrained and was arrested.
Beyond epic fail. It was a WOMAN. The only place she was taken was to the hospital for stitches. The scumbag that stomped on her head was arrested for assault.

Quote:
Didn't happen.
And fish don't live in the sea.

God help us all the right are hopeless

Old 03-02-2011, 08:53 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,984,423 times
Here's a PUBLIC ACCESS TV cameraman nearly getting into a fight with a union thug who calls him a "fa**ot" and offers to “f**k you in the ass”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNBkc...layer_embedded

SEIU fight song: SEIU’s New Favorite Song Has Violent Ring to it

Then the union thug who gets arrested for his violence:

Viral Player

Old 03-02-2011, 08:54 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,984,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Beyond epic fail. It was a WOMAN.

Wonder why when the wig comes off it's a man underneath?

Old 03-02-2011, 08:56 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Jimmy Hoffa.

'Nuff said.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:56 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,734,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenScoutII View Post
I read a little snippet the other day that sums up the situation perfectly:

A public union employee, a tea partier, and a CEO are sitting at a table with a plate of a dozen cookies sitting in the middle of it. The CEO takes eleven cookies, then turns to the tea partier and says, "Hey, watch out for that union guy. He wants to steal your cookie."

I don't understand what it is about some conservatives/Republicans that makes the idea of living wages and decent benefits for regular working people so morally abhorrent....

Yes, some unions have been corrupt and greedy, but for the most part they support a good cause. That cause being that those doing the actual work in any endeavor should share in the success of the endeavor.
Marx could not have said it better himself.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:59 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
Here's a PUBLIC ACCESS TV cameraman nearly getting into a fight with a union thug who calls him a "fa**ot" and offers to “f**k you in the ass”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNBkc...layer_embedded

SEIU fight song: SEIU’s New Favorite Song Has Violent Ring to it

Then the union thug who gets arrested for his violence:

Viral Player
You keep posting the SEIU fight song--even after I debunked that one. What do you expect from Glenn Becks "the Blaze?" The song isn't on any of the labor sites--I checked. It's a song written by a bar band--it's on their site-- and they're using it as a fundraiser for an AFSCME, not SEIU fund. As I said the first time--people in glass houses better not throw stones, especially when it comes down to judging a group by who endorses them vs. what the group actually does. As I posted last time, there's a nice little video out there of David Duke of the KKK (and former R state representative from Louisianna) endorsing the tea party, and talking about how they focus on white voters and white power--I can post it again if you like--do you want your movement judged by THAT?

Old 03-02-2011, 09:01 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Cross a picket line and tell how peaceable unions are.

And what is a picket line, but a human fence that relies on the threat of violent force to prevent fellow employees, property owners and consumers from freely entering a place of employment or business.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:03 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Cross a picket line and tell how peaceable unions are.

And what is a picket line, but a human fence that relies on the threat of violent force to prevent fellow employees, property owners and consumers from freely entering a place of employment or business.
Has that happened during these protests? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies