Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2011, 09:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
The problem is you are simply stereotyping men and women. Men and women have all the same basic human abilities and traits, the differences are a matter of degree, this same concept applies to people of the same gender, they vary dramatically. Some men have more of the feminine traits than other men, and would fail when put in an aggressive role. Some women have more of the masculine traits than other women, and don't thrive as nurturers. When it comes to choosing the right person for any given job you must look at the person's abilities and traits, not simply make assumptions about what they are like based on their physical gender, ie. in a pool of applicants, a male applicant might be the best choice for a nanny job, and a female may be best as a police officer.

BTW, being anti man is not okay, and intelligent women will fight against such behavior.
Isn't it odd how some people think that women who want equality must hate men? Is it because THEY hate(fear) women??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 10:04 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Talking with people like you is frustrating because you don't care whether it makes sense or not as long it "says so" in the bible.
Everybody believes something. Some people believe the truth, some believe a lie. I'm with those that believe the Bible is the truth. And yes, it is frustrating discussing issues with someone that believes differently. There is nothing in the Bible that precludes a woman from being the head of a nation. Again, I cite Debra in the Old testament. I will gladly vote for a woman if she is the best candidate for leading our troubled nation.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:22 AM

40 posts, read 38,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
I see some women who seem that they would make decent Presidents, but I go to God about matters like this and the Word seems to indicate that THAT path would not be the best one in the long term. The Bible does not say specifically about women heads of state, but it does give the roll of women (and men) within the family and chuch. Since this is the template for life as a whole, I assume it would follow into the world as a whole. People ask me why I think God knows better than I do and I say: I know better than my son (5yo) and although I am sure he doesn't always see the logic of everything I tell him, he doesn't have all the information I do about the subject. That is the way I feel toward God. Some things God says to us don't sound right to our SUPERIOR HUMAN LOGIC , but I feel God has more information on the subject than do I.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
You must bear in mind that your God is not my God and your religion is not my religion. You can not force it upon others. I'd say if it limits your ability to see a woman or man as an individual it is a bad thing. However that is my opinion. You have no more right in my mind to speak about God's wants or wishes than a muslim, hindu etc... And nor does it matter to me. If your excuse is your religion then fine.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:36 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
The thread topic is a useless question because women are too emotional to run a country

Old 03-09-2011, 03:22 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,854 times
Not all women are too emotional, I'm not. It takes a certain type of person to lead a country and do it well. It stands to reason that the pool of qualified Americans would be very small, and therefore would exclude non-leadership qualities such as emotionalism and poor judgment. In that echelon of individuals there must be women that are equally suited, but perhaps those types of people are not interested in politics, as the atmosphere is not rational or very rewarding. Not many people want that kind of public life, and certainly not someone who possesses the very qualities that this country needs as its leader.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:37 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
The thread topic is a useless question because women are too emotional to run a country
Instead of repeating something engraved in your brain why don't you think?

You've NEVER seen a man being emotional?

You've never watched men give political speeches?

John Boehner, Republican Speaker of the House blubbers like a baby when he can't find his car keys. He is MALE.

You've NEVER heard of estranged husbands and boyfriends coming back home and murdering their ex's , their kids, all because these emotional wimps couldn't handle rejection??? Really ? You've NEVER seen THAT display of emotion!!??

AND, DUH, emotion can be a good thing...can make a leader much better than a robot with no emotions or only bad emotions....

AND women have managed to control their emotions enough to build countries, fly airplanes and spacecraft, sit on Supreme Courts (YOU DIDN'T), protect you , fight your fires, run corporations...

HOW has their emotions stopped them from doing all that????

Old 03-09-2011, 07:08 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
This, I believe, is because Palin is mostly what the libs like in women. She is intelligent, independent and strong willed. They "hate" her, I believe, because she is what they want in a woman, but she is operating against them. To the libs, women are supposed to be either Dems or horribly downtroden and suppressed by their men. This is BS, of course, but that seems to be what the libs want people to think about conservative women.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
yup. She doesn't have to be an idiot like Pelosi, but she'd better be pretty liberal like Hilary in order to get the democrat vote.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:22 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
I do not know but Can it happen. Maybe if she had Military experience, business and wasn't too pretty. old or too ambitious, or connected or beholhing.............nah not yet.
Of course a woman can be president.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:38 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
If Hillary Clinton had won the Democrat primary in 2008, she would be known as "the female president" however, if she decides to run in the future, she will be known as "the Obama appendage." In other words, her candidacy will be viewed under the scrutiny of how tied she was to Obama's loathed policies.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:17 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If Hillary Clinton had won the Democrat primary in 2008, she would be known as "the female president" however, if she decides to run in the future, she will be known as "the Obama appendage." In other words, her candidacy will be viewed under the scrutiny of how tied she was to Obama's loathed policies.
On the other hand, if Skippy had turned out to be decent, instead of the train wreck that he is...she might have been a shoo-in for prez in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies