Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 07:17 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd9OY...layer_embedded

NPR Executives Caught On Video | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Quote:
The man posing as Malik finishes the sentence by adding, “the radical, racist, Islamaphobic, Tea Party people.” Schiller agrees and intensifies the criticism, saying that the Tea Party people aren’t “just Islamaphobic, but really xenophobic, I mean basically they are, they believe in sort of white, middle-America gun-toting. They’re seriously racist, racist people.”
Well, since these two seem to think NPR should forgo federal funding and will be perfectly fine without it, I'd say this tape might be the nail in coffin.

Just listen to this guy as he talks about the American people - what a disgrace. This liberal, biased executive has been outed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 07:24 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
NPR reporters can be as biased and politically incorrect as they want off the air, as long as they try to maintain a sense of professional neutrality on the air, which I would say a good deal of them do. The same goes for any radio station or TV channel. Even reporters have their own opinions. Who knows what O'Reilly or Limbaugh say off-air? Who cares? They're entitled to their opinions. The only words we're allowed to hold them responsible for are the ones on air, and it's only the on-air words that count towards how biased or unbiased the station is.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:26 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Interesting thought....so if right wing media personality called a certain group not human off air it would be fine,because those are his own thoughts???

Old 03-08-2011, 07:29 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
NPR reporters can be as biased and politically incorrect as they want off the air, as long as they try to maintain a sense of professional neutrality on the air, which I would say a good deal of them do. The same goes for any radio station or TV channel. Even reporters have their own opinions. Who knows what O'Reilly or Limbaugh say off-air? Who cares? They're entitled to their opinions. The only words we're allowed to hold them responsible for are the ones on air, and it's only the on-air words that count towards how biased or unbiased the station is.
In the meeting with the "brotherhood" boys, he is representing NPR.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:29 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
The only words we're allowed to hold them responsible for are the ones on air, and it's only the on-air words that count towards how biased or unbiased the station is.
Where is this rule written? This is damning evidence that there is a predetermined mindset at NPR (not to mention a snotty condescension and rank prejudice against those with whom your typical limousine liberal disagrees.) Limbaugh and O'Reilly are commentators, not reporters. NPR holds itself out to be an unbiased news organization. That is a steaming pile of doggie doots. We've long known it. This just reifies it.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:30 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Nothing to see here folks, just move along.

In the grand scheme of things the 90 million the gov. gives to NPR is a drop in the Obama debt bucket but I'm sure you could feed a lot of hungry children with 90 million a year.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:32 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Default NPR news, unbiased coverage

I like NPR news. It's straightforward, with no annoying commercial interruptions.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:41 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,553,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I like NPR news. It's straightforward, with no annoying commercial interruptions.
NPR is something I won't miss if it gets defunded. I could do without the annoying pronounciation of the word "reeeeeeely" (really) and countless sentences starting with the word: "So,". "Writer's Almanac" also gets on my nerves. Keillor loves to wax poetic on the sex lives of famous writers -- right about the time my kids come down for breakfast ...but I digress. Hilarious punking job by Project Veritas, though!

Old 03-08-2011, 07:44 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
I really like some of the things the NPR directors said, esp. the part about being happier if they lost their tax payer funding.
Now let's encourage Congress to make them happy.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:48 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,875 times
I don't care about their bias. Just as long as they don't do it on my dime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies