Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 09:50 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You "hater!"
Yea. I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 09:56 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Yea. I know.
But I do agree with you. The definition of marriage should not be changed, IMO.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:56 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I am far worse than a Republican to you, I am a CONSERVATIVE.

I think many politicians over the last few decades should be in jail for spending all this money we never had.
I think unions own Democrats, I think Republicans are Democrat lite because they have to compete against Democrats giving away the treasury to get elected.
I think we are BEYOND a point in this country where all the social spending is mostly over and nobody wants to deal with it.

We need to fire at least half the government work forces.
We need to limit SS, Medicare, Social Programs and so forth, not because anyone likes that, but the living generations let this happen and they deserve the lack of benefits because of it.
We already spent the next thirty years and there is no PROGRESSIVE program to reverse that IMO.

What PROGRESSIVE goals pay off the national debt? I'm all ears on this.

TAX TAX TAX I bet, but it is a spending problem. We are broke, so now what?
Just noticing that no one from the left has come running to answer my questions.
These are tough points I bring up and they are really where we are at.
Is it possible for the left and the right to get real and balance budgets? If not, fire their asstroids and get other folks quick.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:45 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Exercise in critical thinking....

Here's what I think is wrong with the Democrats, as a Democrat...

Top 3:

1) Vote more often out of political expedience instead of belief. Spineless at times.

2) We tend to run to the center instead of fighting for more Progressive programs that would benefit everyone.

3) Bad PR. Our ideas really are better in many areas, but we lose in the "arena" due to obsfucations and half-truths that are generated to derail Progressive programs.

I wonder if a Republican will start a thread like this... Too much critical thinking involved?
Actually I'd say the snarky juvenile remark in bold is more of a problem than the 3 obvious weaknesses you mentioned.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Actually I'd say the snarky juvenile remark in bold is more of a problem than the 3 obvious weaknesses you mentioned.
Look a couple of posts up to see a conservative post that no one wants to reply to.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Look a couple of posts up to see a conservative post that no one wants to reply to.
If you get any remarks from those on the left it'll more than likely be a personal insult or some irrational rant that only supports your conclusions.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:21 AM

Even on the right all the Republicans are talking about is a 2% reduction? That is like pulling a nose hair on a face that needs a complete shave.

Both sides need to get going or get going if you get my drift?

Old 03-11-2011, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Even on the right all the Republicans are talking about is a 2% reduction? That is like pulling a nose hair on a face that needs a complete shave.

Both sides need to get going or get going if you get my drift?
Did it occur to you perhaps no one replied because they have no valid argument or that they simply agree with you? Lets face it, we come here to argue. One thing about C-D is that there are very few "me too" posts. It's been my experience that if you get little response to a statement it means either people agree or they just can't present a valid argument.

But in the spirit of me too, I agree that both sides of the fence seem to think we can tax and spend our way out of this hole. In defense of the Republicans, who may or may not be conservative, at least cuts with little effect are favorable to flushing a few more trillion down the toilet. Truthfully I think few if any of of our elected officials have the stones to do what needs to be done.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:25 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
Liberal = 20% of voters, the smallest part ever.You can't win with liberal ideas.
You have something to back this up other than your opinion, right?
Why are there numerous liberal elected politicians.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:43 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You have something to back this up other than your opinion, right?
Why are there numerous liberal elected politicians.
The 20% is correct give or take a few percentage points. Breaks down to about 20% liberal, 40%conservative and 40% moderate. Look it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies