Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 08:37 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times

Advertisements

I guess he would be happy when whatever he says is immediately made into law with no debate or objection or needing to go through a voting process and possibly get rejected.

Progressives/activists know all the answers to life's problems and only their answers are right and are right for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 08:39 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZrqdZFFb5c

Old 03-11-2011, 08:42 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,258,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You really don't understand the context of his comments? He's not saying he wants to be a Communist. He's saying it's much easier to run a country when you only have one party and one set of interests rather than multiple competing interests that are the strength of our country.

I'm really missing the controversy. He's simply stating a fact.
Here's the problem, in my eyes. I get what he meant. But now you are a Libyan rebel or one of many protestors in the Middle East, protesting against authoritarian governments. You are looking for help from nations like the US in your struggle. You turn on your state run media station and the brilliant propagandist for the government plays a clip or news report stating that President Obama of the US is wishing/prefers he were the leader of an authoritarian, Communist-like nation like China. That is disparaging.

Out of context? Sure. But as the President of the US, you have to be very careful with your words. Very, very careful. It's not just a political plot by the right in this country - it literally could have chilling effects in other nations.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:59 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Another point indicating that he had ZERO idea what he was getting himself into as President of the United States. Did he not know that the leader of the free world is expected to actually LEAD? Last time I checked, leading also included making statements that the world would hear.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:18 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,705 times
The New York Times, "The true number of deaths will probably never be known, and it is possible that thousands of people were killed without leaving evidence behind. But based on the evidence that is now available, it seems plausible that about fifty soldiers and policemen were killed, along with 400 to 800 civilians."[7] Globe and Mail correspondent Jan Wong placed the death toll at approximately 3,000, based on initial reports by the Red Cross and analysis on the crowd size, density, and the volume of firing.

Chiel compared Kent State (Nixon) to Tinnamen Square. Yep, just alike, 4 compared to 400 to 3000 lives lost.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:34 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,712,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I guess he would be happy when whatever he says is immediately made into law with no debate or objection or needing to go through a voting process and possibly get rejected.

Progressives/activists know all the answers to life's problems and only their answers are right and are right for everyone.
Tea party activists sure do seem to think they have all the answers, don't they? I guess you've shown your cards regarding your true motivation in justifying government activism in the Michigan thread.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Tea party activists sure do seem to think they have all the answers, don't they? I guess you've shown your cards regarding your true motivation in justifying government activism in the Michigan thread.
What..only opinions that agree with yours are acceptable ?
Any other opinions and you label people and start with the name calling ?
The far left and the far right see no room for compromise at all..it's their way or the high way.

You have no idea what political party I affiliate myself with.
ASSume you know all the answers and you know where that leads don't you ?

Old 03-11-2011, 09:47 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,304,236 times
The irony is that you people are doing EXACTLY what he says you do in the quote.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:55 PM

23,566 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Default Obama finds it easier to be president of China!!!!!!!!!

Obama's character revealed!

Obama was just quoted as saying it would be easier to be president of China rather than the US because of all the problems we are now faced with.

Obama has taken a page right out of the BP exec's public relations handbook when he uttered the fatal words,"I want my life back".

"Hardship doesn't build character, it reveals it". The community organizer has been put in a difficult position by those who voted him in without considering his lack of experience.

Now he wants to run China.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:58 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,093,726 times
Of course hussein obama would find it easier to be president of China. We Americans hate communism and obammy spent all his liife hanging with communists. He would be right at home in commieland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies