Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 07:04 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Unions are the reason we don't have child labor or sweatshops anymore.
Unions are the reasons laws are in place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Can Sarah Palin spell "thugs"?
Can you match her bank account and equity?

Old 03-12-2011, 07:13 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,072,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Unions are the reasons laws are in place.
Laws that tell the economically powerful what they can and cannot do.

I do feel sorry for my boss who has to follow rules about how he's allowed to treat his employees. Not.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:17 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Why does a prostitute's opinion count? Why does a woman who followed a cookie cutter pattern lying in office, abusing authority, and providing an ice rink for eskimos deserve anything more than rebuke from self respecting conservatives? The real problem it appears is that they lack self respect more than anything else.
ROFL...I agree....what cracks me up is all the Republican ads and commercials flooding the media......ALL over FaceBook....YouTube....and cable television.

Seems to me that money(MILLIONS) could be better spent NOT pushing a busting Union agenda but could have closed the budget deficit and/or been used to educate our children, rather than attacking teachers.

Typical DIVISIVE RHETORIC!!!!!!...WAKE UP America; before it's too late and we are simply an Oligarchy run by the wealthy!

Old 03-12-2011, 07:35 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Can you match her bank account and equity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
ROFL...I agree....what cracks me up is all the Republican ads and commercials flooding the media......ALL over FaceBook....YouTube....and cable television.

Seems to me that money(MILLIONS) could be better spent NOT pushing a busting Union agenda but could have closed the budget deficit and/or been used to educate our children, rather than attacking teachers.

Typical DIVISIVE RHETORIC!!!!!!...WAKE UP America; before it's too late and we are simply an Oligarchy run by the wealthy!
Well, if Repugs had their way it would be.....read the post above yours.

Repugs place value on humans according to how wealthy they are....they have NO other standard and have only ONE god, The Wealthy, who they defend and worship as proven by that post above yours...

Republicans think, "They're Rich, They're right, I grovel and obey".....and are too stupid to feel the boot on their own necks....

Don't think they grovel and worship??? Did ya hear Walker talking to who he thought was the boss of Wisconsin, Koch?....talk about a lap dog whining and wetting when he hears his master's voice!!!

Old 03-12-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Laws that tell the economically powerful what they can and cannot do.

I do feel sorry for my boss who has to follow rules about how he's allowed to treat his employees. Not.
One reason I like 1099's.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, if Repugs had their way it would be.....read the post above yours.

Repugs place value on humans according to how wealthy they are....they have NO other standard and have only ONE god, The Wealthy, who they defend and worship as proven by that post above yours...

Republicans think, "They're Rich, They're right, I grovel and obey".....and are too stupid to feel the boot on their own necks....
There is no "boot on my neck"....

Sorry if you are feeling pressure.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:44 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Kind of reminds me of a lot of post on this site lately. They all seem to contain the exact same catch words:

-War on middle/working class
-Wall Street Fat Cats
-Outsourcing
-Tax Cuts for the wealthy
-Koch Brothers (this appears to be the flavor of the month)
If the Koch brothers are any kind of flavor of the month, I am sure they will continue to leave a foul taste.

They are trying to buy our elections and scum bag politicians.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:46 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
There is no "boot on my neck"....

Sorry if you are feeling pressure.
Of course you don't feel the boot on your neck....I addressed that in the post of mine you just quoted.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:53 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
WAKE UP America; before it's too late...
We have. We're tired of being taxed to death funding pensions for public employees. Time for the gravy train to come to an end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies