Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 07:47 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
I ain't never seen Wheeeeee used in a sentence before except when I was a youngin' and they was talkin' bout this little piggy goin' all the way home. But it might be a right fine analogy Mrs. Beck. I reckon in 2012, this fella is gonna take it right to the barn.
I failed to report to those who don't read Rasmussen, daily as I do, that today TheWon moved Up to -21 today.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 03-19-2011 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: Personal attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 08:34 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
And Obama was qualified?

Yeah, similar to the anti-Bush people and their whining... 10 years and counting.
Yes he is, he has proven that to many Americans.

How many years have the righties been whinnig about Clinton, 18 Years and Counting.
Casper

Old 03-16-2011, 08:37 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yes he is, he has proven that to many Americans.
How? By increasing the national debt by $3.4 trillion in only 2 years? Yes, we can!

Quote:
How many years have the righties been whinnig about Clinton, 18 Years and Counting.
Casper
Since Clinton was one of the most corrupt presidents we have ever had (he was even impeached), most of it was well deserved).

Old 03-16-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sorry, but is has been proven, by obama's record, his failures and lies, who made the mistake in the voting booth.
Do you do know that just because you want something to be truth does not make it so, or maybe you do not. IF as you say Obama was doing the opposite of what he said he would then you should, by using that "logic", be happy, since after all he would be doing what you wanted. MY guess is Nothing President Obama does will ever make you happy, he could cure all the worlds problems and you would complain he is either doing it wrong or not fast enough. It is what the right has gone to, whining, let me ask you this, where are the Leaders in the GOP, I do not see many, where are the ideas to resolve all the issues facing us? Cutting the funding of eduction does not improve our education system, I am not talking about Wis, just look at Texas, a right to work state. Where are the ideas to add more jobs, I see the House doing Nothing on that issue. Is it that they know that the government really cannot create jobs, they can save a few through bailouts but creating them is different? Is it because most large businesses said Last Year that they intend to doing hiring in 2011, this was before any elections, and guess what they are.
No the GOP has no ideas other than more tax cuts for the Rich and Big Business and cutting funding to Education, Planned Parenthood, Healthcare Reform and anything else they do not like but cut funding to NASCAR, heck no that is important. No thanks the logic is lacking, that is unless you look at it from the view point of Big Busness and the Rich along with some religious zealots, you know the heavy supporters of the GOP.
Casper

Old 03-16-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
How? By increasing the national debt by $3.4 trillion in only 2 years? Yes, we can!

Since Clinton was one of the most corrupt presidents we have ever had (he was even impeached), most of it was well deserved).
It was expensive to clean up the mess left behind by your guy Dubya.
Ahhhh, so you admit you still whine about Clinton and have been for over 18 years, good for you. Nothing like a witchhunt on the tax payers dime or should we say Millions, to find what, a stain on a dress, good job righties. And even after all of that, the People would have re-elected him again had he been able to run, all the polls at the time said he would. Know why, People like how he ran this country, instead we got the utter failure called Dubya. A mistake we are still paying for
Casper

Old 03-16-2011, 09:00 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
I think Obama will be re-elected.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:08 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,587,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
In your simple worldview in which everybody who votes liberal is on welfare, how do you account for the fact that the biggest economic engines in our country tend to be filled with liberal voters: Seattle, San Francisco, LA, Denver, Austin, Minneapolis, Boston, New York...?
As someone who lives in Seattle, I feel a need to point out that we're economically conservative but socially liberal up here. At least those of us who are actually carrying the city as opposed to the entitlement mentality leeches. We're not just "liberals".

Old 03-17-2011, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
hussein obamay's sheep will never see the light. We have had a lot of first in this country under this skunk and all of them are bad. His obamacare is so bad he has has to hand out exemptions like candy and more are fighting it. Food prices jump most since '74, gas way up, utilities way up, housing biggest drop since '84, leadership non-existant, more homeless, more unemployed and what does this LOSER do? He makes more vacation plans. hussein obama IS enemy country.
I say this as a centrist: Anyone who refers to Obama as "Hussein obama" in an effort to convey a name association reaction associated with Saddam is a Shortbus All-Star who is too stupid to form an actual thought on their own and instead relies on parroting information from talking haircuts. These extremists should have their voting privileges removed.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Man, we could have quite the pool if the right wing know it all's weren't so afraid to put their money where their mouth is... just saying. For the record my money is on Obama to win re-election. Not because he has gone down so favorably with the American public but because, truthfully, their isn't anyone yet who has proven themselves better. As enemy country so succinctly pointed out Obama has actually accomplished things that resonate positively with thinking Americans.

The first thing the Bush administration did upon taking the White House was invigorate the Orbital Weapons Platform discussion. This aggravated the Russians and put the SALT treaty on life support. Was this wise? Was this necessary? If the only thing Obama did was restore detente with Russia it would be worth the having him in the White House. If you hate Obama you will not be convinced by anything I or anyone else says. Hmmmm. Let's see if his re-election hammers the point home any better.

H

Obama, as things stand at this moment, will win re-election for one reason: Because the Republican party has become too focused and centered around the extreme fringes of the right. It's the independents that control who wins an election, not Democrats or Republicans (who largely cancel each other out). And independents (such as myself) can't hang with the extreme right's stance that we should become the United States of Jeebus. Democrats took control of the legislative branch a few years back by trotting out candidates that were more aligned with the center. Republicans are presently trotting out the absolute extreme edges of the right. You can't win the centrist vote with that.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:27 AM

4 posts, read 2,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It looks like we got one of hussein obama's groupies here. I guess it's hard to extol the virtues of a loser. More and more people are waking up to what a mistake was made putting this racist Chicago thug in the white house. He will continue to lose in the polls.
LOL and who do you think should have been put in the white house? And what is this racism you keep talkin about lol? You act like youve been a victim of racism, but im pretty sure u just throw the term around to justify ur views.

I'd love to hear your story about racism the most. Im positive your infinitely more racist than the president lol, easily noticed by your comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies