Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 04:49 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I smell a rat.<snip>
You have a keen sense of smell!

Old 04-07-2011, 04:53 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It does not say ONE WORD about the age of the mother. It doesn't say, "the mother must be at least 19 years old". I don't think the writers of that law were thinking about teen moms at the time; they were thinking about parents (it says nothing about which parent in the law) who were living abroad, in some cases for many years before the child was born. And anyway, OBAMA WAS BORN IN HAWAII!

Oh, come on! It doesn't need to say the mother must be age 19, because it's assumed that you have the common sense enough to add two numbers together. The law states that one must have lived 10 years in the U.S., FIVE of those years AFTER THE AGE OF 14. Of course the law applies to a parent of any age, as you pointed out. But in HER case, she was only 18 when he was born, therefore, she had not lived in the U.S. for FIVE YEARS AFTER THE AGE OF 14.

He may well have been born in Hawaii. If you don't want to discuss this particular law, you didn't have to. I was merely answering someone else's comment in the thread a ways back when you jumped in, and I am not arguing whether he was or wasn't born in the U.S.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:55 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times
Well it is obvious that this is a non issue and no one cares.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:55 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I agree. It's scary that people would support Trump and even scarier that people would push this issue even though it's been proven time and time again that he was born here.
Well other than the truther stuff which I never paid attention to until now, I like a lot of what Trump has to say. Honest
about Libya, Obama's foreign policy or lack of, and our military spending.

msnbc.com Video Player
Trump interview with Meredith

Old 04-07-2011, 04:57 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Trump sends investigators to Hawaii to look into Obama

Self-proclaimed birther Donald Trump is now so doubtful of President Obama's birthplace that he's sent a team of his own investigators to Hawaii in hopes of getting to the bottom of the issue.

That's according to Trump himself, who, in an interview with NBC, warned his investigators just might uncover "one of the greatest cons in the history of politics and beyond."

"I have people that have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding," Trump said an interview that aired Thursday Morning.

Asked if he has assigned people specifically to search in Hawaii, Trump said, "Absolutely."

Trump is a man that says what's on his mind. There's no question about where he stands. Whether right or wrong about his beliefs there's one thing Trump is doing that every other potential presidental candidate is not doing - admitting that there is huge doubt that Obama was (is) eligibile to serve as POTUS.

I truly hope that Trump does run because he will force the other candidates to address this issue in depth, instead of just waving it off for purely political reasons.
The fact that a guy like Donald Trump is now the #2 GOP candidate for president tells us ALLLLL we need to know about today's GOP.

"There's a Tea Partier born every minute"- Donald "PT Barnum" Trump

Old 04-07-2011, 04:58 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
I doubt he is running. He just gets off on the publicity.

Donald Trump Gets Weirder
Donald Trump has run faux campaigns for president before, flirting with the Democrats and independents. This time, he’s playing a conservative Republican. By 2016, he’ll probably be talking about his affinity for the Alaskan Independence Party or the Whigs. And, of course, he’s suddenly a birther.... Vote for Donald Trump, the man who can make Bill O’Reilly look like the most sensible guy in the room.
Bill O'Reilly already is a sensible guy.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:59 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Hey Limbaugh how ya doin'?!!
Maybe its Beck? hes in need of some new work these days

Old 04-07-2011, 04:59 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Well other than the truther stuff which I never paid attention to until now, I like a lot of what Trump has to say. Honest
about Libya, Obama's foreign policy or lack of, and our military spending.

msnbc.com Video Player
Trump interview with Meredith
Yeah, I'm with you. I wish he would concentrate on his views of China, the economy, and the wars overseas. In his interviews, I found his forthrightness very refreshing.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:02 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I think Trump is trying to forge an alliance between himself and birthers, just as he's trying to forge an alliance between himself and the Tea Party. It's classic political strategy that in order to win a party's nomination you appeal to it's more extreme elements, but after the nomination, candidates move more to the center in order to win the race. I think that Trump, in his effort to win the more extreme elements, though, may be making a mistake. If the alliance forged with the extreme elements is too strong, he will have difficulty making that move to the center. Moderates will identify him too strongly with those extreme elements, and the extreme elements will see any centrist moves as a betrayal of their interests. Trump has a host of other political obstacles to overcome when he does finally throw his hat into the race. I think he's creating a minefield for himself that will exacerbate those other problems later.
Excellent post!

Old 04-07-2011, 05:04 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Trump sending investigators to Hawaii is a joke. He's not looking for the truth. He's only looking for stuff to back up his preconceived birther theories.
What he is really lookiing for is PUBLICITY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.