Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 02:06 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,680 times

Advertisements

The couple actually a whole family did it in 2001 and were on ABC's Good Morning America about it. The Co. that wheeled it out publicly is or was Applied Digital Solutions and the chip was called Digital Angel, well the uproar that name caused was enough for ADS to change the name to Verichip. Since then they have changed the Co. name 2-3 times and went less gung ho about it. They have sold Billions of this chip and injectors worldwide. Here they even have chipmobile motor homes. There is another implantable chip much more powerful than Verichip made by the Zarlink people and I think its called the Zarlink 70101??? I'll re-check and post the info in a bit.
Here is some info on the Zarlink ZL 70101:

http://www.zarlink.com/zarlink/zweb-...heet-dec09.pdf

Last edited by Watchman57; 03-28-2011 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: add info I forgot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 02:21 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,331 times
I sell RFID products for a living. They are used everyday in many applications that include tracking your dog, passing you thru toll gates and making sure that products in the pipeline get where they are going.

You are correct in that it's a technology that allows things to be tracked. If you are concerned about being tracked you better cut up your credit cards ASAP. While your at it toss your cell phone. Do you have On star in your car? Watch out!

There is no need to embed a chip in your person, there is more than likely one already embedded in your wallet!

Old 03-28-2011, 02:25 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I don't of any people denying RFID was here and in use. We've been using it at work for over 10 years to control access to secure areas.
We're talking about the implant and the technology to buy and sell here. Did you not see the link with the machine for the RFID chip implant next to the ATM?!

Old 03-28-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
It certainly has in your case. What part of an ID CARD is an "implant" ? Do tell.
You are hopeless. I provided VIDEO EVIDENCE and your still trying to sit here and act like you don't know what I'm talking about.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:29 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I saw a video once of people who had a "club chip" implanted to get in and out of a particular nightclub faster and keep track of their purchases. It wasn't in the US and it was a couple years old but it was interesting. I doubt it will catch on though.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
I sell RFID products for a living. They are used everyday in many applications that include tracking your dog, passing you thru toll gates and making sure that products in the pipeline get where they are going.

You are correct in that it's a technology that allows things to be tracked. If you are concerned about being tracked you better cut up your credit cards ASAP. While your at it toss your cell phone. Do you have On star in your car? Watch out!

There is no need to embed a chip in your person, there is more than likely one already embedded in your wallet!
WHAT PART OF RFID CHIP IMPLANT TECHNOLOGY DO YOU PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND?!!! DID ANYONE SEE THE LINK WITH THE RFID CHIP MACHINE NEXT TO THE ATM IN BRAZIL?! THAT IS SPECIFICALLY FOR ANYONE WITH A CHIP IMPLANT!!

Old 03-28-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I saw a video once of people who had a "club chip" implanted to get in and out of a particular nightclub faster and keep track of their purchases. It wasn't in the US and it was a couple years old but it was interesting. I doubt it will catch on though.
It's still online.

Barcelona clubbers get chipped

They were so stupid. They got chip implants just to get VIP access and drinks in different clubs.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
The couple actually a whole family did it in 2001 and were on ABC's Good Morning America about it. The Co. that wheeled it out publicly is or was Applied Digital Solutions and the chip was called Digital Angel, well the uproar that name caused was enough for ADS to change the name to Verichip. Since then they have changed the Co. name 2-3 times and went less gung ho about it. They have sold Billions of this chip and injectors worldwide. Here they even have chipmobile motor homes. There is another implantable chip much more powerful than Verichip made by the Zarlink people and I think its called the Zarlink 70101??? I'll re-check and post the info in a bit.
Here is some info on the Zarlink ZL 70101:

http://www.zarlink.com/zarlink/zweb-...heet-dec09.pdf
WHAT?! Insanity.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:41 PM

Can't put the chip in my credit card - aint got one, can't put it in my D/L aint got one, don't worry about On Star aint got no car and finally can't track me via a cell phone - thats right aint got one! And gave up TV 2 yrs ago......I aint no fun at all!

Old 03-28-2011, 03:53 PM

Here is a list of a few articles on chipping:

Microchip Implants Media Articles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies