Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 09:12 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,745,778 times

Advertisements

Still just a conspiracy theory?

And this is coming whether you vote Romney, Obama, Republican or Democrat.

on the ball: purethinking

RFID chip propaganda Commercial June2012 ( its here the mark of the beast ) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 09:37 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,326,902 times
Oh well RFID chips are already (in Canada) and in my Drivers License, Bank Cards, Credit Cards, Care Card and Passport..

So not really a big deal to go for the next step and get the RFID implant if it elimiates the need to carry my wallet around with all those cards and my not have to carry my passport when I travel..I mean all it is an I.D. system to prove who you say you are.

The Canadian and U.S. border andusing Can/U.S. Airports are going to force people to get this chip implant so might as well get it now before there are huge waits to get it.

I mean Canada and the U.S. are going to a perimeter security system (the SPP deal signed last year) and well this proves who you are if you if you leave the perimeter so you can get back in without a hasstle.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:41 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Because living is a state issued privilege just like driving.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:44 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,887 times
Big Brother.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:56 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,821,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Still just a conspiracy theory?

And this is coming whether you vote Romney, Obama, Republican or Democrat.

on the ball: purethinking

RFID chip propaganda Commercial June2012 ( its here the mark of the beast ) - YouTube
So let me get this straight... I implant this thing in me and people will love me... even when I'm old?
The commercial was a bit ambiguous but I think it promised me sex too! Sign me up baby!

Old 06-21-2012, 10:06 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,326,902 times
Well my guess is they (The Federal govronment of both Countries) will force us to get one some way or another it is just a matter of time till people will have no other choice but to get one esp if they want to travel outside the U.S. or Canada..The SPP is the north american union and the RFID implants are a wauy to reduce Canada/U.S. border waits and improve security in both countries..

I mean people out side of the perimeter will have a heck of a time entering or trying to sneaking in if we adopt this system..But there has to be privacy issues adressed with a system like that also to ptotect people rights and freedoms.

I mean if you are not a legal citizen from Canada or the U.S. and enter illegally you will be SOL and in deep trouble...We are becoming fortress North America in a sense..You watch Europe will adopt this technolgy also and have the same deal for Legal EU citizens that travel outside the EU Zone.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:26 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Well my guess is they (The Federal govronment of both Countries) will force us to get one some way or another it is just a matter of time till people will have no other choice but to get one esp if they want to travel outside the U.S. or Canada..The SPP is the north american union and the RFID implants are a wauy to reduce Canada/U.S. border waits and improve security in both countries..

I mean people out side of the perimeter will have a heck of a time entering or trying to sneaking in if we adopt this system..But there has to be privacy issues adressed with a system like that also to ptotect people rights and freedoms.

I mean if you are not a legal citizen from Canada or the U.S. and enter illegally you will be SOL and in deep trouble...We are becoming fortress North America in a sense..You watch Europe will adopt this technolgy also and have the same deal for Legal EU citizens that travel outside the EU Zone.

it will never work the hacks will beat the system,, fake chips will be everywere..

Old 06-21-2012, 10:50 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,745,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Oh well RFID chips are already (in Canada) and in my Drivers License, Bank Cards, Credit Cards, Care Card and Passport..

So not really a big deal to go for the next step and get the RFID implant if it elimiates the need to carry my wallet around with all those cards and my not have to carry my passport when I travel..I mean all it is an I.D. system to prove who you say you are.

The Canadian and U.S. border andusing Can/U.S. Airports are going to force people to get this chip implant so might as well get it now before there are huge waits to get it.

I mean Canada and the U.S. are going to a perimeter security system (the SPP deal signed last year) and well this proves who you are if you if you leave the perimeter so you can get back in without a hasstle.
I see your point, and "they" want everyone to have you point of view about the RFID chips as well. That's why, as the OP shows, they're conditioning us to having them in OUR bodies with feel-good commercials.

The problem is, once "they" do get these things inside of your body (versus in your I.D., Credit Cards, etc.), it creates a dystopian slippery slope.

First of all, the human body has never encountered this type of technology before, thus our reactions towards them are still unknown.

Second, in the commercial "they" say it's JUST to track our medical records with a simple scan. If it were that simple, then there would be no need for all the nurses and receptionists in the hospitals who would run a background check on this information. That means they'll lose their jobs, and tons of money saved for doctor and hospitals.

That's brings me to my third point. If doctors realize they can save a ton of money by simply scanning your RFID chip to see your medical records, they'll require that all of their patients have the implants or they won't treat them.

eventually, as other industries such as the finance and banking industry realize how well the RFID chips are working in the Medical Industry, they will also implement it themselves. What this could ultimately lad up to i all of the money you earn must only be uploaded onto the RFID chip and scanned at different retail establishments when you want to make a purchase. All paper currency will be a thing of the past, and thus cash handlers such as bank tellers and cashiers will lose their jobs completely, as they'll no longer be needed since everything's done electronically.

Then there's the government. Instead of issuing so many state IDs and SS cards, which cost money, they could simply create legislation that as of a certain date, everyone must have a RFID chip implant. People would be able to scan it to see your entire background. Without it, you won't be able to take out loans or get a job. This applies to government assistance as well. Instead of issuing food stamp cards, paying direct deposit fees and check fees, they could simply require everyone receiving SS, Medicare, Medicaid, TANF, SNAP, WIC, etc. to receive an RFID implant or they'll lose their benefits.

Lastly, there's always the fear of behavior modification. If they can control and change your medical records from a central database with these chips, what makes you think they won't try to control your actions and thoughts from a central database? All you need is the wrong person with the wrong intentions at the controls.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:53 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Default Exponential creepy factor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Big Brother.
HHS rule under Obamacare. Chip everyone?

I suspect that in the not too distance future, when the US follows other nations who have gone "digital" with their currency, an implanted chip will be required to partake in any financial transactions or participate in the economy even as a consumer.

Just say no!

Old 06-21-2012, 10:58 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
it will never work the hacks will beat the system,, fake chips will be everywere..
Now this will be intended to track the citizens for crime surely. Of course like you say how hard will it be to create a hundred fake chips of yours and leave em all over the place so you are in a hundred places at the same time according to the trackers?? Criminals will find a way. Hell if I were ever gonna go kill somebody just go to great clips and grab a few gobs of hair outta the dumpster and toss it all around the crime scene and everybody who got their hair cut the last couple days is now a suspect cause their DNA was there. Why not chip illegals caught and allowed to stay here as a test to see what the hell they're up to?? Nah that would be racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies