Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 12:27 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This Mark of the Beast belief is one's own personal opinion. To each his own.

RFID chips are being used in humans, especially kids of wealthy people in other countries where kidnapping the kids for money is big business. There's limitations though because RFID is only short distance. RFID is not like GPS tracking.

RFIDNews | RFID kidnapping solution offering false promises?

And in schools, uniforms/ID cards are being chipped and tracked for truancy. This one has a better chance because of the small area (school grounds).

RFID is like what bluetooth is (your mouse and keyboard most likely). Good for short distances only.

RFID would not be useful to track runaways or lost alzheimer patients or prison escapees.
I'm all for slipping a GPS into Granny's gulliver in case she wanders off!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 12:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
With some of the creeps out there like Sandusky, makes one think twice about getting your kids chipped.

But, I'm not that paranoid, and I am paranoid enough to not want to be tracked all the time.
RFID is not GPS tracking.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:28 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
This Mark of the Beast belief is one's own personal opinion. To each his own.

RFID chips are being used in humans, especially kids of wealthy people in other countries where kidnapping the kids for money is big business. There's limitations though because RFID is only short distance. RFID is not like GPS tracking.

RFIDNews | RFID kidnapping solution offering false promises?

And in schools, uniforms/ID cards are being chipped and tracked for truancy. This one has a better chance because of the small area (school grounds).

RFID is like what bluetooth is (your mouse and keyboard most likely). Good for short distances only.

RFID would not be useful to track runaways or lost alzheimer patients or prison escapees.
NO it's not GPS tracking. That's what cell phones are for.

But if a dog is lost the vet can scan the dogs neck for a chip which happened for the dog I found, and the same thing for someone with Alzheimer's they get chipped and their identity is revealed after a quick scan at the hospital or police department.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:29 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
RFID is not GPS tracking.
But it can be....

Old 06-22-2012, 12:30 PM

Here's the difference between RFID and GPS. One uses local transmitters (no infrastructure for that today) while the other uses satellites.

GPS vs. RFID Tracking - A Comparison

Old 06-22-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
But it can be....
Only if you put the transmitter infrastructure in place all over the US.

We can't even get landline phones to everyone, nevermind RFID transmitters.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:31 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
With some of the creeps out there like Sandusky, makes one think twice about getting your kids chipped.

But, I'm not that paranoid, and I am paranoid enough to not want to be tracked all the time.

You can't track someone's movements with an RFID chip, that's not the purpose.

Is RFID tracking you? - CNN

Cell phones have that kind of GPS capability, but not the RFID... at least not yet.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:01 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,437,760 times
I don't care about the privacy issue (at this point,) I care about how incredibly easy it is to hack RFID chips!

Old 06-22-2012, 04:48 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,740,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Sure, once you make an animal totally dependent on you for its survival, its only right to keep tabs on them.
Not on people though, too much slippery slope.
Tell me one mission the state never ratched upwards once it had its foot in the door.
exactly to the bolded.

First off, let me say animals aren't humans.

I'm not saying the RFID chips won't have their limitations or benefits, but there's too much slippery slope potential

It's not the creeps like Sandusky I'm worried about, but the creeps such as David Rockefeller who have been adament about chipping all of us for reasons that would likely hurt us more than help us.

Call m looney, retarded, negative, stupid, crazy, whatever. I can't imagine having a radio frequency device IN my body that someone can control from a central database. There's no telling what they can do to harm me with it if they wanted to.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:15 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
The bible states that these number codes will be either in the hand or forehead and one cannot buy or sell without them. A progression to a one world government with a world leader worse than Hitler.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microchip_implant_(human)

Last edited by Taratova; 06-22-2012 at 05:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies