Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 09:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times

Advertisements

The survival skills, and individual defense training alone, are tools one needs if anything catastrophic were to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 09:48 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That is exactly what I'm talking about.

Prepared or clueless! pick your poison
Prepared for what, an invasion of California in the middle of the night by Japan? lol This isn't 1941 anymore.

Face it, there are a number of countries that could annihilate our population centers with nuclear strikes and never put one foot on our soil.
Our millitary has become one big welfare cause and America is no safer for it.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Your suggestion of enforced government servitude goes against the principle of freedom this nation was founded on..
I also don't think making someone a servant of the state will make anyone proud of it, unless they are very weak of mind.

Frank, read our 2nd amendment. The only thing missing is the training needed. I personally think gun safety and marksmanship should be taught to public school children.

Basic training, is a bad idea, I suppose, eh?
A free education, how to keep our nation free, would go a long way in this nations future.

We the people, must stop our military, signing up to be a deputy and cop of the world.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:51 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,688,502 times
Once the military indusrial complex has become such a major recipient of taxpayer charity, it will find its way to sustain itself - regardless of which party is in power. Our paranoia and defense expenditures are simply insane.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Frank, read our 2nd amendment. The only thing missing is the training needed. I personally think gun safety and marksmanship should be taught to public school children.

Basic training, is a bad idea, I suppose, eh?
A free education, how to keep our nation free, would go a long way in this nations future.

We the people, must stop our military, signing up to be a deputy and cop of the world.
BentBow I am a staunch supporter of our second amendment, but you fail to make the case for forced millitary conscription or training.
The two are in no way connected.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Once the military indusrial complex has become such a major recipient of taxpayer charity, it will find its way to sustain itself - regardless of which party is in power. Our paranoia and defense expenditures are simply insane.
Sure, we have all these troops, what should we do with them?

Hmmm I know, we can invade some other nations and we can also use them to keep our own citizens in line.
Then when we're done with them and the troops cycle back to the real world, we can spend even more money rehabbing them and providing benefits for life.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
BentBow I am a staunch supporter of our second amendment, but you fail to make the case for forced millitary conscription or training.

Your still thinking as we are the world police, sent off to die in unwarranted conflicts.

I'm posing the hypothetical(and probably will never happen) we no longer go save the world. We worry about our our soil and interests.
When someone screams, they are killing civilians, we say good luck, and send them a get well card. Let other nation solve their own damn problems.
All monetary support for other nations as well.

Skrew this crap, of paying them off to be our friends.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:06 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,326,902 times
Quote:
I agree and in the 21st century where we head towards more ans more predator drones controlled from many of our airforce bases and can monitor and destroy targets half way around the world with out even leaving the country or the comfort of a air condition and heated building and you can go home to your own bed at night and if the drone is shot down it is not that big of deal

Old 04-03-2011, 10:12 AM

Lets put the sports spin on it to make it easier to understand.

The best defense is always the best offense.

Right now, we have a great offense not playing to their potential and a rag tag defense.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:15 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
...I support the no fly zone in Libya, but not boots on the ground. Let the rest of the world invade Libya if they want..
You do realize that there never was (or is) a "no fly zone" as such. Our pilots were not used to keep Gadaffi from flying his planes...we immediately attacked Gadaffi's ground forces. We targetted his armor and other ground units and murdered those people. By any account we have committed an act of war and picked sides in a civil war.

My biggest critizism of Obama in all of this is that he is too much of a coward to just say that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies