Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 05:30 AM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Hate groups are seldom considered mainstream, even in America, which has more hate groups than any other modern nation. America is more accepting of hate groups.
The Tea Party appears to be more of a metamorphosis of a combination of Jerry Falwell's Christian Right and Right wing militias with political objectives.
It's these hate groups that are convinced they do everything right and everybody else is always wrong, even to the point that opposing opinions are labeled as commies, traitorous and anti-American.
The most obvious traits of the Tea Party are anti-intellectualism, smug self-righteousness, religious fevers, and militarism, as well as many signs of being anti-social.
Where's the religion? Have you looked at the people? Where are the militias? Show me the quotes. Show me the videos. Show me the tea party websites. I think liberals corner the market on smug self-righteousness because you are always patting yourselves on the back for/announcing how wonderful you are but show me some proof from the mouths of the tea party. Do you mean to tell me the people that make up the voting bloc of liberalism are intellectuals? Really? All of those people sucking on the teat of government largesse are all intellectuals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 05:34 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,723,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Lets see
Goal 1: Make koch brothers kings of America(I mean this really)

Goal 2: Destroy middle class

Goal 3: reverse civil rights

Goal 4: Imprison Obama for being black and President

Goal 5: Attack all Mexicans no matter if they work for you.

Goal 6: Create wage slaves from former middle class

Goal 7: Eliminate Health care for wage slaves. Dont need them after 40 just thier strong young.

Goal 8: Eliminate public schools wage slaves dont need to read and write.

Goal 9: phase blacks out completly get back to white serfdom

Thats just a start. Im very serious. Please start fighting back.
I hate fighting with an unarmed person.....

Old 04-08-2011, 07:04 AM

37,960 posts, read 22,139,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
People that dont think the tea party is composed of rednecks and racists obviously are blinded by Fox News. Ive been to a few tea party rallies just to witness it. Most of the people were over 50, I saw one black lady out of about 500 people. Lots were obese, drove in from the country, and a few were missing most of their teeth. They dont understand that the Republicans were and are just using them in order to screw them over and advance monetary gains for giant corporations who dont give a crap about people or America.
Seems like you are nothing but a bigot, you look down on overweight people, and the poor, who cannot afford to go to the dentist.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:11 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,045,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Definitely not fringe. It just seems that way to the 20% or less that are liberals.

here is one example of a TEA Party group in Wisconsin that I just Googled.

Tea Party Patriots Mission Statement and Core Values

Mission Statement

The impetus for the Tea Party movement is excessive government spending and taxation. Our mission is to attract, educate, organize, and mobilize our fellow citizens to secure public policy consistent with our three core values of Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government and Free Markets.

Core Values

• Fiscal Responsibility
  • Constitutionally Limited Government
  • Free Markets
Tea Party Patriots | Mission Statement and Core Values (http://www.teapartypatriots.org/Mission.aspx - broken link)

Notice ho there is nothing about race, gender, ethnicity or religion.
But 90% of the media are liberal/progressives who hate any mention of the Constitution.

The race card is the only thing the left has to play.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Where's the religion? Have you looked at the people? Where are the militias? Show me the quotes. Show me the videos. Show me the tea party websites. I think liberals corner the market on smug self-righteousness because you are always patting yourselves on the back for/announcing how wonderful you are but show me some proof from the mouths of the tea party. Do you mean to tell me the people that make up the voting bloc of liberalism are intellectuals? Really? All of those people sucking on the teat of government largesse are all intellectuals?
I am at a loss why the left goes bonkers when we try to reason with them about trying to get government to cut back on their out of control spending. They scream racism, bible thumper and extremest, as a tactic to get us to shut up.

How can we reason with people who won't agree to even cut funding to NPR?? We are $14 TRILLION in debt, and we cannot get the libs to cut something as trivial as NPR.

We have hundreds of channels on or TVs now, with dozens of news and special interest programing, not to mention hundreds of radio stations, and yet we need NPR?

Old 04-08-2011, 07:32 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Lets see
Goal 1: Make koch brothers kings of America(I mean this really)

Goal 2: Destroy middle class

Goal 3: reverse civil rights

Goal 4: Imprison Obama for being black and President

Goal 5: Attack all Mexicans no matter if they work for you.

Goal 6: Create wage slaves from former middle class

Goal 7: Eliminate Health care for wage slaves. Dont need them after 40 just thier strong young.

Goal 8: Eliminate public schools wage slaves dont need to read and write.

Goal 9: phase blacks out completly get back to white serfdom

Thats just a start. Im very serious. Please start fighting back.
lmao First one right out of the box. You think the Kochs are Tea Party????? I don't know whats more absurd that comment or the attempts playing the race card?

The policies from both parties have brought economic ruin to this country. I know lets play the race card, that will solve everything. No answers just finger pointing.

Gee I wonder why the responsible dems couldn't come up with an actual budget cut that does actually cut the budget? The ONLY budget with actual cuts and not a drop in the bucket was from the Tea Party, Rand Paul. Typical recipe from the loony left. Ignore and deny plus false accusations equals win. No answers, nothing to solve the problem. Yea left!!!
Notice how your thieving cousins, the republicans, have remained silent on this? That is their game. Hoping people won't be reminded who was at the helm when we went under. As if someone would forget the person who put them on life support. Well, guess you have to run, after all there is a sale on and MY money wont last YOU forever.

lower the debt, reduce the size of government

Old 04-08-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
But 90% of the media are liberal/progressives who hate any mention of the Constitution.

The race card is the only thing the left has to play.
I was going to repost the exact post you quoted.

The left, being the perpetual shallow-minded bigots that they are, have this stereotyped image of conservatives as toothless, poor, uneducated, white, racist, gun toting, bible thumping trailer trash. In order to pump themselves up they have to paint their opponent with that ridiculous stereotype. It's the only way they can argue against trying to cut back on out of control government spending on non-essential programs, and NPR is clearly non-essential. If the TEA party is in favor of cutting NPR, the left must go against it, simply because their hated stereotype wants to cut it.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:38 AM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
THE DUMB ASS **** THEY talk about other than those things, they also ignore the people they supported who went against their principals
And I'm saying put up or shut up. Show me the proof.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lmao First one right out of the box. You think the Kochs are Tea Party????? I don't know whats more absurd that comment or the attempts playing the race card?

The policies from both parties have brought economic ruin to this country. I know lets play the race card, that will solve everything. No answers just finger pointing.

Gee I wonder why the responsible dems couldn't come up with an actual budget cut that does actually cut the budget? The ONLY budget with actual cuts and not a drop in the bucket was from the Tea Party, Rand Paul. Typical recipe from the loony left. Ignore and deny plus false accusations equals win. No answers, nothing to solve the problem. Yea left!!!
Notice how your thieving cousins, the republicans, have remained silent on this? That is their game. Hoping people won't be reminded who was at the helm when we went under. As if someone would forget the person who put them on life support. Well, guess you have to run, after all there is a sale on and MY money wont last YOU forever.

lower the debt, reduce the size of government
Every now and then I look at my short list of people that I have on /ignore, and I wonder if they just had a bad week, and I should take them off my list, and then I read posts like the one from enemy country and I remember why he is being ignored.

The dems owned the presidency and had huge majorities in both houses of congress and DID NOT PASS A BUDGET!! That reason, and only that reason, is why we are discussing a government shutdown.

when dems are in the majority, they can't do their duty, and when they are in the minority they flee the state and hide out in Illinois. We need to unelect so many dems, that it does not matter if they ever bother to show up at all.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:44 AM

96 posts, read 195,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
The first Tea Party held was...April 2009, I think. I have to check with DH - he attended, I did not. There weren't any Tea Party protests that I know of (in this area anyway) prior to 2009. The first I participated in was on July 4th, 2009 (I remember because I was interviewed on TV). The Tea Party wasn't yet formed in 2001, was it?
Ever ask yourself why the Tea Party was formed when it was when all of these problems they love to rant about are hardly new problems?

Where was the Tea Party when Bush and the Republican controlled congress were spending money faster than a printing press could spit it out? And DO NOT retort with the popular "But Obama is ten times worse" line that so many Tea Partiers love to use. That's not what I'm asking.

Where was the Tea Party when the Patriot Act was created and forced down our throats, expanding the role of government and it's level of intrusion in our lives in an unprecedented way?

Where was the Tea Party when the Department of Homeland Security was created as a new, big government agency that we did not need?

Where was the Tea Party when we decided to engage in two expensive and unnecessary wars that we could not afford? I suppose it was ok to just whip out the Bank of China charge card for that one eh?

When I see or hear about the Tea Party the first word that pops into my mind is hypocrisy. Why did they choose to get so upset now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies