Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 11:30 AM

27,160 posts, read 15,334,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland
People that dont think the tea party is composed of rednecks and racists obviously are blinded by Fox News. Ive been to a few tea party rallies just to witness it. Most of the people were over 50, I saw one black lady out of about 500 people. Lots were obese, drove in from the country, and a few were missing most of their teeth. They dont understand that the Republicans were and are just using them in order to screw them over and advance monetary gains for giant corporations who dont give a crap about people or America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Seems like you are nothing but a bigot, you look down on overweight people, and the poor, who cannot afford to go to the dentist.

Don't forget that Libs can have Personal Trainers, a good Dentist, and a Tailor too.
It's easy for them to afford it- all the money they give away belongs to somebody else.

Let's see here- Older people usually gain weight& lose their teeth so photolitherland must discriminate against the Elderly and are playing the "Age Card".

Shame on you!
Respect your elders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 11:31 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,313,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I hear some Democrat is raising money in NY by calling the Tea Party "fringe" so what is it about:

1. Small Government
2. Low Taxes
3. Free Markets

that is fringe?
I don't mind any of the above which deal with fiscal policies. However, their ideological stance is often times illogical, overbearing, and goes against their fiscal policy. If you take away all the religious/socially conservative overtones of the tea party then you would probably have support from a large segment of highly educated, young fiscal conservatives - both socially liberal and conservative.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:43 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,218,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Good for you. Now you will see many people on here that act like they want to cut down on government and spending but they supported all these things back in the day and even still defend the war in Iraq.
I agree, team oriented politics is very hypocritical. I now see very liberal far left union member liberals supporting the bombing of Libya, it actually makes me laugh. My mother in law was telling my 11 year old how we are helping the Libyans etc. It sound like Bush in 2003, I was cracking up.

Blind obedience is alive and well in both teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
You do not share Ron Paul's concern that the Tea Party has been hijacked by people that supported all the things the Tea Party used to fight against?
More people are getting it. A friend of mine wrote a book about it.

Amazon.com: Tea-O-Conned: The Hijacking of Liberty in America: Exposing the Neoconservative Infiltration and Takeover of the 21st Century Tea Party Movement (9781453797440): Jake Shannon: Books

Old 04-08-2011, 01:41 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,535,448 times
Quote:
Every now and then I look at my short list of people that I have on /ignore, and I wonder if they just had a bad week, and I should take them off my list, and then I read posts like the one from enemy country and I remember why he is being ignored.

The dems owned the presidency and had huge majorities in both houses of congress and DID NOT PASS A BUDGET!! That reason, and only that reason, is why we are discussing a government shutdown.

when dems are in the majority, they can't do their duty, and when they are in the minority they flee the state and hide out in Illinois. We need to unelect so many dems, that it does not matter if they ever bother to show up at all.
You mean nothing keep me on ignore. Your opinion I can get from my dog

Old 04-08-2011, 01:43 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,535,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wow.

that is loopier than a migrating sparrow with an inner-ear infection
Let me guess you need wage slaves for your business right?

Old 04-08-2011, 03:09 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wow.

that is loopier than a migrating sparrow with an inner-ear infection
He gets more extreme then that, hence the reason i ignore him.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:13 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I agree, team oriented politics is very hypocritical. I now see very liberal far left union member liberals supporting the bombing of Libya, it actually makes me laugh. My mother in law was telling my 11 year old how we are helping the Libyans etc. It sound like Bush in 2003, I was cracking up.

Blind obedience is alive and well in both teams.

More people are getting it. A friend of mine wrote a book about it.

Amazon.com: Tea-O-Conned: The Hijacking of Liberty in America: Exposing the Neoconservative Infiltration and Takeover of the 21st Century Tea Party Movement (9781453797440): Jake Shannon: Books
You are not alone, there are more of us who see it, and do not fall into the world of blind party politics.

Old 04-08-2011, 04:22 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I hear some Democrat is raising money in NY by calling the Tea Party "fringe" so what is it about:

1. Small Government
2. Low Taxes
3. Free Markets

that is fringe?
The devil is in the details, what do we mean when we say smaller government?
I agree with low taxes and everyone is still under the Bush tax cuts, I would go arther and dump the current system in favor of a flat ot consumption tax.
I am all for free markets so long as they practice safe maufacturing and the jobs stay in the USA.
The TP is not fringe, they are a subgroup of the GOP, the problem is some of the members are fringe in their ideas. The Tea Party would be better off to distance themselves from the GOP and form their own Party and pander more towards the moderates which are the true Majority of Americans.
Casper

Old 04-08-2011, 04:38 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Quote:
Every now and then I look at my short list of people that I have on /ignore, and I wonder if they just had a bad week, and I should take them off my list, and then I read posts like the one from enemy country and I remember why he is being ignored.

The dems owned the presidency and had huge majorities in both houses of congress and DID NOT PASS A BUDGET!! That reason, and only that reason, is why we are discussing a government shutdown.

when dems are in the majority, they can't do their duty, and when they are in the minority they flee the state and hide out in Illinois. We need to unelect so many dems, that it does not matter if they ever bother to show up at all.
And I heard harry reid state that it's not about the budget.....it's about womens health. The republicans want women to die.

That's why nobody takes him seriously. I think he has a brain tumor or something.

And the left make fun of Palin!

Old 04-08-2011, 04:40 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren View Post
Ever ask yourself why the Tea Party was formed when it was when all of these problems they love to rant about are hardly new problems?

Where was the Tea Party when Bush and the Republican controlled congress were spending money faster than a printing press could spit it out? And DO NOT retort with the popular "But Obama is ten times worse" line that so many Tea Partiers love to use. That's not what I'm asking.

Where was the Tea Party when the Patriot Act was created and forced down our throats, expanding the role of government and it's level of intrusion in our lives in an unprecedented way?

Where was the Tea Party when the Department of Homeland Security was created as a new, big government agency that we did not need?

Where was the Tea Party when we decided to engage in two expensive and unnecessary wars that we could not afford? I suppose it was ok to just whip out the Bank of China charge card for that one eh?

When I see or hear about the Tea Party the first word that pops into my mind is hypocrisy. Why did they choose to get so upset now?
But that's the truth.

Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies