Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 07:45 AM

37,973 posts, read 17,928,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I am at a loss why the left goes bonkers when we try to reason with them about trying to get government to cut back on their out of control spending. They scream racism, bible thumper and extremest, as a tactic to get us to shut up.

How can we reason with people who won't agree to even cut funding to NPR?? We are $14 TRILLION in debt, and we cannot get the libs to cut something as trivial as NPR.

We have hundreds of channels on or TVs now, with dozens of news and special interest programing, not to mention hundreds of radio stations, and yet we need NPR?
Because that's what spoiled little kids do when they aren't GIVEN their way. They throw a temper tantrum and rarely DISCUSS proven measures to fix the issues. You can't expect kids to be responsible, can you? Especially considering the runaway spending they love to do.

They should be more like republicans. When they impose on our rights and pass destructive policies they are not the ones who say "pass this or you are racist". They think up some other deceitful tactic, like "it's for your own good". Probably because from our voting record we have shown we do not vote in our best interests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 07:48 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,233,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Were you protesting the war in Iraq? Were you protesting the Patriot Act? Are you against the military complex?
Yes
Yes
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Were you protesting the Patriot Act in 2001? Were you protesting the invasion in Iraq in 2003? Did you fight the massive spending on the military, not only since 2007?
I was to the first two.

I was fighting the spending since I read peter Peterson.

I was also protesting the kosovo war in the 90,s , how about you?

Old 04-08-2011, 07:48 AM

96 posts, read 195,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Where's the religion? Have you looked at the people? Where are the militias? Show me the quotes. Show me the videos. Show me the tea party websites. I think liberals corner the market on smug self-righteousness because you are always patting yourselves on the back for/announcing how wonderful you are but show me some proof from the mouths of the tea party. Do you mean to tell me the people that make up the voting bloc of liberalism are intellectuals? Really? All of those people sucking on the teat of government largesse are all intellectuals?
As much as I dislike the Tea Party, I have to agree that (up to this point) they are not focused on legislating Christian morality like the Moral Majority was back in the day. And the militias...let me know when a Tea Partier blows something up and then we'll make those comparisons.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:52 AM

52,870 posts, read 34,721,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Lets see
Goal 1: Make koch brothers kings of America(I mean this really)

Goal 2: Destroy middle class

Goal 3: reverse civil rights

Goal 4: Imprison Obama for being black and President

Goal 5: Attack all Mexicans no matter if they work for you.

Goal 6: Create wage slaves from former middle class

Goal 7: Eliminate Health care for wage slaves. Dont need them after 40 just thier strong young.

Goal 8: Eliminate public schools wage slaves dont need to read and write.

Goal 9: phase blacks out completly get back to white serfdom

Thats just a start. Im very serious. Please start fighting back.
wow.

that is loopier than a migrating sparrow with an inner-ear infection

Old 04-08-2011, 09:58 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,606,941 times
Default What's "fringe" about the Tea Party?

Quote:
I hear some Democrat is raising money in NY by calling the Tea Party "fringe" so what is it about:

1. Small Government
2. Low Taxes
3. Free Markets

that is fringe?

Those are not what the Tea Party is fighting for.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:17 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,468,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
The first Tea Party held was...April 2009, I think. I have to check with DH - he attended, I did not. There weren't any Tea Party protests that I know of (in this area anyway) prior to 2009. The first I participated in was on July 4th, 2009 (I remember because I was interviewed on TV). The Tea Party wasn't yet formed in 2001, was it?
I asked whether YOU protested the Patriot Act and the Iraq invasion. People have protested the Iraq war, why didn't you join them? The Patriot Act was enacted in 2001. Why did it take you so many years to realize that it is a bad thing? Ron Paul has criticized the military complex way before 2007...something is shady about all these people that have joined the Tea Party just recently but never cared about those things in 2001/2003 they now protest.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I am at a loss why the left goes bonkers when we try to reason with them about trying to get government to cut back on their out of control spending. They scream racism, bible thumper and extremest, as a tactic to get us to shut up.

How can we reason with people who won't agree to even cut funding to NPR?? We are $14 TRILLION in debt, and we cannot get the libs to cut something as trivial as NPR.

We have hundreds of channels on or TVs now, with dozens of news and special interest programing, not to mention hundreds of radio stations, and yet we need NPR?
Oh the hypocritcal outrage that even makes Ron Paul, the founder of the new Tea Party movement, angry:

YouTube - Ron Paul Slams Republicans For Defunding NPR And Defending War

Old 04-08-2011, 11:24 AM

37,808 posts, read 41,097,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren View Post
As much as I dislike the Tea Party, I have to agree that (up to this point) they are not focused on legislating Christian morality like the Moral Majority was back in the day. And the militias...let me know when a Tea Partier blows something up and then we'll make those comparisons.
They have social conservatives mixed up with the Tea Party. The Tea Party is all about fiscal responsibility and constitutional government. It reminds me of the posts where people don't know the difference between news reporters, news anchor and opinion jockeys.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Yes
Yes
Yes

I was to the first two.

I was fighting the spending since I read peter Peterson.

I was also protesting the kosovo war in the 90,s , how about you?
Good for you. Now you will see many people on here that act like they want to cut down on government and spending but they supported all these things back in the day and even still defend the war in Iraq.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
They have social conservatives mixed up with the Tea Party. The Tea Party is all about fiscal responsibility and constitutional government. It reminds me of the posts where people don't know the difference between news reporters, news anchor and opinion jockeys.
You do not share Ron Paul's concern that the Tea Party has been hijacked by people that supported all the things the Tea Party used to fight against?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies