Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 02:47 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,802,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A touchy feely emotional plea to subvert reason on the basis that your opinion is contradictory to nearly every military and political strategist to walk through the pages of history?
Ahhh just another armchair warrior. I don't think anyone can the put words "touchy feely" into the same sentence as Marines. We do what needs to be done and I would rather have an Israeli next to me be than a Arab. I've seen the brutallity that Arabs do to each other and there is no way that an Israeli has ever been even close. We as Marines do not care what the Presidents political party is.

But go ahead, lets see your list of items contradictory to nearly every military and political strategist.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:55 PM

915 posts, read 1,192,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
Ahhh just another armchair warrior. I don't think anyone can the put words "touchy feely" into the same sentence as Marines. We do what needs to be done and I would rather have an Israeli next to me be than a Arab. I've seen the brutallity that Arabs do to each other and there is no way that an Israeli has ever been even close. We as Marines do not care what the Presidents political party is.

But go ahead, lets see your list of items contradictory to nearly every military and political strategist.

Your statement is probably based on experience, but we should be careful not to label arabs in general as a violent race. It's just that the bad ones make more noise and so drown out the moderate ones.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:22 PM

1,123 posts, read 777,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Just as soon as you qualify this nonsensical tripe from your previous post.
My proof is in the idiots posting in this thread demanding that the aid to Israel end, while ignoring the infinitely larger amounts going to arab muslim countries.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
.....but we should be careful not to label arabs in general as a violent race.
Correct. In general not all. The civilian population wants just to just live their lives. The Military, Molitants, freedom fighters, terrorists, etc are way different. But I've seen Israelis in the field and I've seen Arabs in the field (and twenty years later my godsons have seen the same Arab brutallity). The Israelis try to capture while the Arabs kill in such a manner that they want their victim to suffer as much as possible. There is a reason why the beheadings don't stay on youtube for long. Most Americans envision it to be quick like using an ax on a block, when in reality they put a mirror in front of the victim and he is made to watch his head being sawed off with a straight blade as he dies.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
My proof is in the idiots posting in this thread demanding that the aid to Israel end, while ignoring the infinitely larger amounts going to arab muslim countries.
I tend to agree with many statements you make, but this one is false. Iraq & Afganistan don't count into aid and hopefullly you are not grouping Arab countries together to get a higher total compared to one country.

Here's the budget:
USAID: Fiscal Year 2011 Congressional Budget Justification for Foreign Operations (http://www.usaid.gov/policy/budget/cbj2011/ - broken link)

Old 04-13-2011, 05:50 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,969,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
The thread is about Israel, not the Arab Muslim Countries of the world, just so ya know.
But since you brought it up, I would be more than happy to cut them ALL off along with Israel, I have said so many times on this discussion board. Idiots support sending Billions in aid to other nations while the USA is actually discussing cutting aid to our own people due to a budget crisis.
Casper

Old 04-13-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
I would be more than happy to cut them ALL off along with Israel, I have said so many times on this discussion board. Idiots support sending Billions in aid to other nations while the USA is actually discussing cutting aid to our own people due to a budget crisis
Well then here's some good news. $8.4 billion cut in UN spending and then moved over to a 13.8 billion increase in military spending in the new budget.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:58 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,865,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
Well then here's some good news. $8.4 billion cut in UN spending and then moved over to a 13.8 billion increase in military spending in the new budget.
Great! I hope this new budget cuts off all aid to Israel also.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:17 PM

3,619 posts, read 3,893,045 times
Y'all do realize a large proportion of the aid we give to Israel is either in the form of loan guarantees that may have a paper value, but have cost us nothing since they haven't ever defaulted, and in military aid which is immediately recycled back into American-made goods which have a huge profit margin (part of which is recycled further into politicians' reelection campaigns, in good old military-industrial-complex form).

Even beyond that, the sheer amount isn't that big a deal anymore regardless of form. Thirty+ years of economic growth and inflation since we bribed Israel and Egypt to sign peace together (thats when the aid started, and why), and what was once a huge number is now only a couple percent of each's economy and barely relevant to us.

Which isn't to say it should continue without strings attached, but, it's a lot smaller than most people think, and because of that, it gives us a lot less leverage as well. If we forced the Israelis to choose between the aid and the settlements, they would just shrug their shoulders and say goodbye to the cash (and then promptly make it back selling their own high-end military hardware to China, which they don't do currently because we ask them not to, and that money does give some leverage for smaller things like that).

edit:
Quote:
The Israelis try to capture while the Arabs kill in such a manner that they want their victim to suffer as much as possible. There is a reason why the beheadings don't stay on youtube for long. Most Americans envision it to be quick like using an ax on a block, when in reality they put a mirror in front of the victim and he is made to watch his head being sawed off with a straight blade as he dies.
......and I just literally lost my appetite.

Last edited by ALackOfCreativity; 04-13-2011 at 08:28 PM..

Old 04-13-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Great! I hope this new budget cuts off all aid to Israel also.
Sorry. They got more than Obama requested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies