Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 09:57 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times

Advertisements

Sorry this is long, but I had a terrible experience at last nights meeting, and needed to air it out.

I have generally been a supporter of what they stand for, smaller gov't, Constitutional principles, fiscal responsibility, less taxes etc and decided to get more involved by attending meetings. Lastnight was my 2nd. The first thing that surprised me, was prayer at the beginning. I am an atheist, but let it ride. The first meeting was about food storage which was somewhat interesting. I learned that this is a thing Mormons are adept at doing as part of their religion.
Lastnight was my 2nd. The sheriff gave a talk, mostly taking questions about concealed carry. I learned that they broke into groups after the 2 hr. meeting. One was about Islam, which I am fairly knowledgable about, and just ordered more books on the subject. It was a small group, maybe 10 people, with a leader that seemed to think Christianity was the solution. That's all she wanted to talk about.
Another member wanted to defend muslims, because she knows some that are nice and "normal Americans", diversity and respect for other religions. I started arguing with her, suggesting she needed to learn more about their religion, that it is not peaceful, it is a quest to dominate. They do not respect other religions, they are supremecists. The clerics and Imams rule their subjects, so moderate muslims will do as they are told, or else. It ended with her walking out, then I did too.
They seemed to want to say that Shariah is the problem, but muslims are okay.

I think the main problem was lackof leadership in that meeting. They had decided on a book that we should read and discuss. They wanted to present a prayer to the city coucil, because last week a muslim had done so, and that disturbed them. Open discussion was stifled, the leader felt she was the only one that should talk. It ended up bickering and a couple of us walking out the door.
To me, the problem is treating Islam like a religion. I say it's not. It may be called a cult, or militia, but it's mission is to destroy to please Allah, who is an unmerciful God. They preach hatred, pure and simple. Iran is ruled by only 3 mullahs at the top, it's like a pyramid of power. They install those that will rule the subjects by the sword. Infidels will not be tolerated. They dominate, subjugate, convert, or be killed.
I will start my new book, "They Must Be Stopped" today,, by Brigitte Gabriel.
Too much religion in this tea party for me, I won't be back.
Do you have an experience to share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 10:00 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Sorry this is long, but I had a terrible experience at last nights meeting, and needed to air it out.

I have generally been a supporter of what they stand for, smaller gov't, Constitutional principles, fiscal responsibility, less taxes etc and decided to get more involved by attending meetings. Lastnight was my 2nd. The first thing that surprised me, was prayer at the beginning. I am an atheist, but let it ride. The first meeting was about food storage which was somewhat interesting. I learned that this is a thing Mormons are adept at doing as part of their religion.
Lastnight was my 2nd. The sheriff gave a talk, mostly taking questions about concealed carry. I learned that they broke into groups after the 2 hr. meeting. One was about Islam, which I am fairly knowledgable about, and just ordered more books on the subject. It was a small group, maybe 10 people, with a leader that seemed to think Christianity was the solution. That's all she wanted to talk about.
Another member wanted to defend muslims, because she knows some that are nice and "normal Americans", diversity and respect for other religions. I started arguing with her, suggesting she needed to learn more about their religion, that it is not peaceful, it is a quest to dominate. They do not respect other religions, they are supremecists. The clerics and Imams rule their subjects, so moderate muslims will do as they are told, or else. It ended with her walking out, then I did too.

I think the main problem was lackof leadership in that meeting. They had decided on a book that we should read and discuss. They wanted to present a prayer to the city coucil, because last week a muslim had done so, and that disturbed them. Open discussion was stifled, the leader felt she was the only one that should talk. It ended up bickering and a couple of us walking out the door.
To me, the problem is treating Islam like a religion. I say it's not. It may be called a cult, or militia, but it's mission is to destroy to please Allah, who is an unmerciful God. They preach hatred, pure and simple. Iran is ruled by only 3 mullahs at the top, it's like a pyramid of power. They install those that will rule the subjects by the sword. Infidels will not be tolerated. They dominate, subjugate, convert, or be killed.
Proof that the tea party isn't about taxes or the deficits, but about a hardcore right wing fundamentalist agenda.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:02 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Sounds like an occult.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:09 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Where was event held?

Old 04-12-2011, 10:11 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post

I changed groups for similar reasons.

Keep looking.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:12 AM

164 posts, read 103,821 times
I call bs. Sounds like a fabricated situation to me. Prove to us you went to a meeting, where was it held and if you have photos or a scanned pamphlet.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salem baptist View Post
I call bs. Sounds like a fabricated situation to me. Prove to us you went to a meeting, where was it held and if you have photos or a scanned pamphlet.
LOL, do you require a signed autograph from Palin and a photo of Beck? Who the hell takes photos at a religious meeting? You accusing the OP of fabricating a story about the christian right and your posting on a political forum with a user name of "baptist" very objective

Old 04-12-2011, 10:17 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
LOL, do you require a signed autograph from Palin and a photo of Beck? Who the hell takes photos at a religious meeting?
More blind ignorance and hate from the typical left, what would we do around here if we lost all the stupid liberals who keep us entertained?

Old 04-12-2011, 10:18 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,103 times
The OP states that he is angry about the tea party meeting he went to yesterday because he didn't get enough people to agree with him that over a billion people in the world are members of a cult that wants to destroy everything else like the Borg. And apparently got in a heated argument with somebody who said that there are Muslims in America who are not out to kill you.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
More blind ignorance and hate from the typical left, what would we do around here if we lost all the stupid liberals who keep us entertained?
You'd have all the stupid birthers and teabagges, oh wait, that's redundant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies