Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 04:11 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How about just stop spending?

To #6, you want people to pay taxes on money that has already been taxed?
Sure tax them when alive , then tax them because they died.

Maybe we shoucl tax the unborn being killed by abortion. they are dead too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 05:22 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
you can whine all you want but it isn't double taxation, your daddy would be taxed once and you would be taxed once. stop your double talk nonsense you haven't convinced anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The tax code deciding its realized just so you can tax it, doesnt mean its realized. If I give my children a $1M property, they dont realize the profit UNTIL ITS SOLD.. The fact that they own the property does nothing to affect THEIR INCOME until its profitable.

The fact that my children might have to sell assets to pay taxes but your children wont to pay estate taxes ISNT FAIR.. If you were at all concerned about fairness, you would stop the nonsense class envy.

Not true.. The IRS is only concerned with following the LAWS written by the Congress.. They dont give a rats patute about what they collect or who they collect it from. Also, the fact that small estates are not taxed IS MY POINT.. If its INCOME, its INCOME.. An estate for my children cant be classified as income while an estate for your children not just because mine might have a few more zeros.. INCOME IS INCOME PERIOD..

My children indeed are part of my tax returns.. And again, why would my children be taxed on an estate I leave them, while yours not? I get it, you think you are special..

When you give me a dollar that I give to the corner bar, the transaction CHANGES HANDS.. I dont consider leaving my children assets as changing hands. If you do, are you now volunteering to subject your estate to estate taxes?

more liberal whining based upon nonsense.. I'm self employed thank you.. I spend all day long making sure my computers are running and orders are processed, sorting through emails and looking for deals.. not that its any of your business.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
you can whine all you want but it isn't double taxation, your daddy would be taxed once and you would be taxed once. stop your double talk nonsense you haven't convinced anyone.
I note the avoidance of my question, maybe its because I used too many words for you.. Here, lets try this slowly..

So you think ALL estates should be charged a tax right? After all, income is income..

Old 04-13-2011, 06:26 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Hey...ummmm...

HOW ABOUT STOP SPENDING....

I know you lefties do not want to hear this....but STOP spending.....

I don't care about the Cowboy poet club.....

Old 04-14-2011, 06:56 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
honestly, i stopped reading your nonsense OPINIONS long ago, you are only spouting off right wing nonsense, more whiny, "the poor uber wealthy, they have so little, and need more tax break" BS that has put us into this debt mess we have. reagun's "starve the beast" and "trickle down" schemes are the cause of our deficits and the ballooning debt today. reagun's plan of cutting taxes on the wealthy without a corresponding cut is spending didn't work then and it doesn't work now. it is about time we tried something else.

you might have an opinion, but so do others. you are free to have that opinion but your opinion doesn't trump facts and as such it carries ZERO weight with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I note the avoidance of my question, maybe its because I used too many words for you.. Here, lets try this slowly..

So you think ALL estates should be charged a tax right? After all, income is income..

Old 04-14-2011, 07:02 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post

Talk about double talk...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dad is taxed once on a certain amount of money

Son is taxed on the same money....

Nope no double tax there.........

Old 04-14-2011, 07:14 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,409,483 times
We've all paid for social security and we won't see it. That stupid program should have never been initiated and now all of us will lose due to it. Just stop with SS. Many of us will be devastated and (in the least) will lose all money put into it. But our government was doomed the moment we started being the caregivers of the people's retirement. We simply cannot afford to continuously pay for SS. We are living longer and with that growth comes special needs cases (I have a son with Autism) and a bunch of other disabilites (and what get categorized as a "disability). As good/humane as these services are - they are unsustainable. We are quickly coming to the point where (due to better health care) we will have 1/2 the population using these services and the other half will pay dearly for it. I don't see freedom for us, but fiscal slavery.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:52 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Here's how to solve some of our debt problems (a different view) in no special order:

1. Zero entitlements to illegal aliens/illegal immigrants/undocumented workers or whatever they are being called these days. That includes people here on VISA overstays. We've got our own poor people to worry about. If you are self-employed (that doesn't include day laborers, prostitutes, drug dealers or other criminals), you and your immediate family can stay and be put on a path to citizenship because you are potentially a future employer, you don't take jobs from Americans and you are not a drain on the American taxpayer. That would be a one-time offer but "self-employed" would also put others at the front of the line for legal entry to the US down the road.

2. End anchor baby law.

3. No federal funding for sanctuary cities. None.

4. End Directo a Mexico. Why is the federal government, in cahoots with the banks, facilitating sending money out of the country? That's just nuts.

5. Privatize everything that doesn't involve National Security or has some privacy element to it. We did just fine, in fact better, without the Department of Education (1980), for example. Shift the government work to monitoring the privateers/oversight. Make Accounting and Collection the "it" jobs of government behind National Security. If you want to work for the government, better major in Accounting or Law Enforcement.

6. Take a hatchet (not a scalpel) to all Federal government travel. In this day and age, you shouldn't have to travel for most meetings. The federal government travel budgets in each agency should be way lower than they were before the computer age.

7. Take a look at all US Government headquarters operations in the area of span and control and make cuts. The federal government is top-heavy. Why so many high graded managers/executives over high graded employees. Do high graded employees need more oversight then lower graded employees in the field? Or do high graded employees in headquarters just exist to justify high graded manager and executive positions?

8. Stop with the dumb wars, already. It's too expensive both in lives and money. We're fighting for people who tell us "Get out!" or "Death to the infidels!" and it's just STUPID. If we go to war it better be because we will gain something tangible by it (that doesn't mean the dubious/ambiguous "goodwill" you State depatment jokesters), we're retaliating or we're defending ourselves.

9. End all tax deductions and credits for everybody (individuals, businesses and organizations). Do it and it will eliminate many lobbyists. Stop paying people to have kids. Make the income taxes (individual, small business and corporate) a flat percentage. Stop using the US tax system to control or incentivize behavior.

10. Drill now so in ten years you aren't still hearing "but we won't benefit for 10 years." In fact do it all, wind, solar, natural gas, etc.. Let the markets decide which ultimately wins over Americans. This should be a major part of our economy, not something the President and Congress pussyfoot around, impedes or forcefeeds us to do.

11. Term limits, longer terms. Each member of the House and Senator should only have to run once for office. Running for office so much is what gets them in trouble with lobbyists and special interest groups and makes DC a big clusterbleep when it comes to budget reform. This shouldn't be a lifetime job for any politician. Maybe we should change the eligibility requirements for the Senate and House in that you must have been a governor, a mayor or run a business/organization before you can be eligible to become a Senator or Representative. At least we'll have elected officials who have more than a wilda** guess as to the cost and problems the implementation/execution of their laws will produce.

12. Eliminate duplication - federal government agencies/programs. That info is now on the internet so I shouldn't have to give examples.

13. No subsidies for any private enterprise/organization, not just the ones the party in power dislikes ideologically. Get off the government teat. If you deserve to exist, get private donations from individuals and businesses.

14. Stop Obamacare if not, stop all Obamacare exceptions. You lobbied for the expensive piece of crappola now you better help pay for it.

15. Balanced budget law with criminal penalties attached for politicians.

16. Go back to the 1996 Welfare Reform Act (Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act) signed by President Clinton without any of the subsequent changes made to it.

17. No more grants for stupid stuff like - Why do people make more male snowmen than female ones? Digital rectal massage is a cure for hiccups; Pressures Produced When Penguins Pooh -- Calculations on Avian Defecation;
Ovulatory Cycle Effects on Tip Earnings by Lap Dancers; Why American players go to greater lengths to mod the popular MMO than do Chinese World of Warcraft players; Young people who work in bars surrounded by alcohol tend to imbibe a bit much; Why woodpeckers never get headaches; Does swimming through goop make swimming harder?; The effect of Prozac on clams and mussels; Pre-school children are afraid of snakes and spiders; Babies are stupid; Jam with world-reknowned musicians to study improvised music; develop machine generated humor; etc.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:25 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Here is how to fix the budget.
1.How much is coming in from taxes.

2. Subtract 20% for emergencies.

3. Pay for the necessities, Military, rent, electricity, water, gas, etc etc etc.

4. Start funding everything else till the amount of money left hits $0.00

5. That's it, end of budget.

6, Next year, anything left over from emergency fund is used to pay down debt, then do it again.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:27 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Yes, I do believe in an estate tax that excluded the family home and maybe another 500k. thentax the rest as current income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies