Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 12:33 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Seriously, if a woman or man is poor, and qualifies,
go apply at a Medicaid office.
Seriously, what if the man or woman has a minimum wage job but no health insurance? Or has health insurance, but that insurance does not pay for family planning or gynecologic care? Those working folks don't qualify for Medicaid.

So they seek care in a Title X funded clinic like Planned Parenthood, which has the ability, because of its funding, to offer care on an income-based sliding scale.

Would you advocate that they quit their jobs in order to qualify? Of course you wouldn't. What other solution do you have?

Quote:
The fact that PP (a private company) still wants to receive federal money for providing same type services is what I'm questioning.
Medicare does not provide services. Medicare pays for services.

From your link:
Quote:
How do I get Medicaid Family Planning Services? If you have Medicaid managed care in New York State, you can go to any provider inside or outside your health plan for family planning and reproductive health services, as long as that provider accepts Medicaid and offers the services you need.
The tricky part is finding a provider that takes Medicaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Yes they almost got caught with there collective panties down.
"Almost" being the operative word here. Or there. Or their.

Quote:
Praying on the weakness of the human condition to advance their own agenda.
LOL! You made a funny!

Last edited by Ohiogirl81; 04-13-2011 at 12:43 PM..

Old 04-13-2011, 12:35 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,686,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
sounds a bit of a witch hunt, hasn't even been proved.
Charges are brought up against organized crime all the time. Most of the time they are dismissed for a lack of evidence or on technicalities. Doesn't mean crimes were not committed.

Most abortionists are the same people who claim Bush/Cheney are guilty of war crimes and other such nonsense but have no proof or the ability to substantiate their claims in any American court of law.

Do you still believe they are guilty of crimes?

Old 04-13-2011, 12:36 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Omigosh. It is not a medically-induced abortion and in case you haven't noticed the last 12 pages of posts, we are talking about PP performing abortions, not dealing with a miscarriage (which yes I know is called an abortion in medical terms).
And partial birth abortion performed on dead or dying fetuses is still abortion, even if one wants to cry otherwise.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I agree with bulldogdad on this: The clinics run by christians are a great idea! Where else can women learn that the sex drive is unhealthy, sinful, immoral, and giving in to Satan. Also, it's the place where women can learn that abortions cause breast cancer, mental illness, alcoholism, large facial warts, earthquakes, hurricanes, and tornados.
Have guts and stand up on your own opinions and convictions without leaning on mine to support your ludacris suppositions.

If you think your arguments are to weak on their own merit maybe you need to rethink your positions.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:40 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,989,319 times
Quote:

Most abortionists are the same people who claim Bush/Cheney are guilty of war crimes and other such nonsense but have no proof or the ability to substantiate their claims in any American court of law.

That has nothing to do with the debate at hand.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:41 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
The practice of killing unborn children is a sacrament of the Left. It is as holy to them as celebrating mass is to Roman Catholics. They love death the way we love life.
Then why the hell are you against Planned Parenthood offering birth prevention services to poor women that can't be spent on abortion? Is it because you strongly think that using birth control goes counter to God's will and so taxpayers should not be helping to pay for birth control?

Old 04-13-2011, 12:44 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,316,695 times
Ok one pollster proved that taxpayors are not funding abortions, ok!
Now the arguement is who should pay for it.
Here are your chioces:
1. Pay for an abortion prior to 4 weeks = less than 600.00
2. Don't pay for an abortion = hospital stay 500.00-1000.00 (if pregnancy becomes complicated), adoption agency(?), foster care (regional rates depending on state), food stamps, education, medical, dental, counselling (if needed), state/federal lawyer and/or prison time.
So over the lifetime of this unwanted child the state/federal government will dish out well over 100,000.00 and thats if the child does not have any developmental needs or leads a criminal life

So I pose this question to some of you, which is more economical? If that is your real reason to stop funding PP what are the other options?

Oh I did not mention that if you stop funding PP the other issues regarding contraceptives, disease prevention and womans wellness goes out the door also.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
That has nothing to do with the debate at hand.

Analogies with regards to thought processes in relation to analogous views are most certainly open for presentation.

And you thought I was just some drunk who wanted to dance.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:47 PM

18,387 posts, read 19,012,572 times
Quote:
Charges are brought up against organized crime all the time. Most of the time they are dismissed for a lack of evidence or on technicalities. Doesn't mean crimes were not committed.

abortion is not against the law. I would doubt any charges brought by men who, as the article stated are rabid anti abortion.

bush and cheney are off topic i would discuss them in another thread if you want

Old 04-13-2011, 12:53 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
Analogies with regards to thought processes in relation to analogous views are most certainly open for presentation.

And you thought I was just some drunk who wanted to dance.
Analogies with regards...to analogous???

A bit redundant, I think.

The problem with your analogy is that crime families have been shown to be involved in criminal activity. Hence, the nomenclature, "CRIME families". Planned Parenthood has not been shown to be involved in criminal activity. So accusations against CRIME families would not be analogous to accusations agains Planned Parenthood. Especially when you examine the source of the allegations, on the one hand DA's who want to stop crime, on the other, a zealous pro-life activist with a history of making such accusations, and losing in court.

Your analogy is more analogous to saying that since the many priests have been found guilty of sexually abusing children, every accusation against a priest must be true. False analogy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies