Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Obamacare 23 37.10%
Libya's war 3 4.84%
Guantanamo still open 7 11.29%
Auto bailout 1 1.61%
Wall Street bailout 4 6.45%
EPA Regulations 1 1.61%
Labor attacks against Boeing 4 6.45%
Israel criticized 1 1.61%
To give money to Brazil to develop their oil, but not our oil 3 4.84%
Other 15 24.19%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 07:43 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Another old list with mostly rediculous unsupported... you can't be serious. Did you read some of the things on this list? He put a stop to lobbyists? That alone makes this list suspect being as how he's surrounded himself with them. They just realeased the "friends list" last month and guess what... it's filled with lobbyists!
2010 is not old, first off. Secondly, I don't think anything is "rediculous unsupported"

Thirdly, again I did state some of things are not exactly the best, however, there are many things on the list that were accomplished.

The truth is that he has more than 0 accomplishments.

Lilly Leadbetter Fair Pay Act. The Healthcare Reform bill, which according to the CBO, will reduce the deficit by over 130 billion over the next 10 years. The Student Loan overhaul.

These alone are huge in the scope of what they changed and how they will help the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 07:51 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You're joking, right? He's accomplished more in his first term than any modern president since FDR. Seriously. That's just an objective fact. Whether you agree with what he's done is another story, but he's done a lot.

And to answer the question above, Obama actually gave the overall directive over a year before and was involved throughout the hunt and planning and invasion process. You really should educate yourself about current events.
Or make up what you wish to be true like some people.
You should have titled the thread " Good Accomplishments " . he did lots , Gays in the Military yipee , Obama care yipee , QE1 & QE2 yipeee , Third War in Libya yipee , Two trillion in stimulus for saving , not adding jobs yipeee .
Don't forget , the largest first lady in the history of America will tell you how to eat.
Sheesh , he has done lots of harm , don't be silly.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:57 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,941 times
You seem to forget that when he took office, the US banking system had failed to the point banks would not loan each other money. He saved the banking system, hence saving the sorry a**es of those who criticize him. And if you have a money market account, he saved your money. Those have a stable value of $1. The feds ensured that the value did not shrink below $1. That was one of the many provisions of legislation. He set the stage for everyone having insurance. No matter what happens, I think the days of being denied coverage for pre-existing conditions is gone. He has gone without reservations to finding terrorist no matter where they are, Somalia, Yemen, whereever.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:02 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
After seven years of FDR's New Deal programs, GDP in constant dollars had finally inched back to pre-depression levels and unemployment was 17.2%.

What were FDR's grand accomplishments such that Obama accomplishing more or less would actually matter?
Simply put, FDR saved this nation. At at time when the other great powers were not functioning: Germany & Italy - facism; USSR - communism, France - political instabilty; Britian - chaos and strikes, FDR kept this nation as a functioning stable democracy and he made sure we were prepared to fight facism. America's post-war position as the world's powerhouse was due to FDR.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:04 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,902,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by datacity12 View Post
You mean besides killing Bin Laden, the guy that Bush failed to get for his entire presidency?
Yeh! Didn't you see him hop a plane to Pakistan, do back flips out of chopper, down bin Ladens chimney, kill him, then take his body and drop him in the Indian ocean? Obama is such a B-A

Old 07-04-2011, 08:07 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,834,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
This is not a joke, what are some of his accomplishments? I can't think of a president who did so little in almost 4 years, it is almost like everything is worse than it was 3 years ago. Unemployment is going up again, even after spending all this money, on what? Barrack Hussein Abdul Nobama, almost 4 years in power, 0 accomplishments!
Raised the national debt to a level we will never be able to recover from.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:29 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Have you read this thread? People have posted lists upon lists and given many directly. I think you're seeing what you want to see.
Actions don't equal accomplishments. I believe that's what's missing from this debate. Just because it was done doesn't make it done right. Leftists seem to confuse the two.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:36 AM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Ummm..... my post said absolutely nothing remotely close to what you suggest. The OP claimed that our president has not had any accomplishments. I was simply helping to point out that he has had quite a few on both the domestic and foreign fronts. I even said, whether you agree with their value or not is a different subject. I never said people should agree with them.

Please improve your reading comprehension skills for future interactions - or at least have the maturity to not begin a post with a sheep impersonation.
Sure it does, because you disagree with what I said....Does not mean I am wrong.

And I like the way you put a dig in the last sentence..

But to that, I'll say...If you don't want people to misconstrue what you have said....then maybe you should go back and re-take English Composition 1 & 2 to ensure you are able to write so everyone can understand what yo say....

Or just stop drinking the kool-aid, and BAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it's better than lol....

Old 07-04-2011, 08:42 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Sure it does, because you disagree with what I said....Does not mean I am wrong.

And I like the way you put a dig in the last sentence..

But to that, I'll say...If you don't want people to misconstrue what you have said....then maybe you should go back and re-take English Composition 1 & 2 to ensure you are able to write so everyone can understand what yo say....

Or just stop drinking the kool-aid, and BAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it's better than lol....
You drew a faulty conclusion from a misinterpretation of a clear statement. Further reading should clarify your mistake. It is logical that one would disagree with said faulty statement due to its inaccuracy, not due to its content. Correcting such inaccuracies, therefore, should be welcome by all sides in a debate to ensure the most accurate information is presented throughout the discourse.

You remind me of a meathead in a bad high school movie.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:43 AM

161 posts, read 246,654 times
Ok, well I'll take a stab at this...

a) Saved the economy, which was in a tailspin when he took over, from going into a depression through the stimulus. Do we all wish it was better right now? Sure. But it's undeniable that his actions helped keep the economy from the brink.
b) With credit to President Bush for starting this, saved hundreds of thousands of American jobs by preserving the auto industry. The ripple effect that would have hit the country from a dissolved Chrysler/GM would have been horrific. In the end, the loss to the taxpayer is incredibly small and, as mentioned before, a program like "Cash for Clunkers" was brilliant. Raising fuel standards as well.
c) Passed the Affordable Care Act - arguably the greatest act to lead to social good in a half century. Preventing those with preexisiting exisiting to be disallowed coverage, allowing kids under 26 to stay on parent's health insurance (big in this economy), etc. Let's not forget this actually gives private companies 30 million or so new guaranteed customers.
d) Repealed "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" providing more equality in the military which, among many good things, will help in recruiting.
e) Made bold decision to conduct military operation to kill bin Laden. Huge moral victory for America with huge negative consequences if the operation did not go as planned.
f) Passed credit card holders "Bill of Rights" which is has many reforms that help protect the American consumer.
g) Signed START missle treaty helping to make the world a safer place...

...the list goes on and on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies