Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Obamacare 23 37.10%
Libya's war 3 4.84%
Guantanamo still open 7 11.29%
Auto bailout 1 1.61%
Wall Street bailout 4 6.45%
EPA Regulations 1 1.61%
Labor attacks against Boeing 4 6.45%
Israel criticized 1 1.61%
To give money to Brazil to develop their oil, but not our oil 3 4.84%
Other 15 24.19%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 11:43 AM

30,267 posts, read 23,751,941 times

Advertisements

I've tried pretty hard to remain as neutral as possible on this forum but this thread I just have to say something.

All of you who are STILL shrieking and crying about "Bush", "W", "ChimpyMcHaliburtonetcetcetc" really need to get over it. You make yourselves look like complete fools every single time you deflect the question and say, "OH YAH! WELL WHAT ABOUT WHAT BUSH DID?!" That's called a liberal tactic in that you had no answer to the question(s) posed to you so you try to deflect the attention away from your crap president and put the focus on something else.

It is truly astounding to me, as well, how many of you slurp up what the media tells you like little sheeple. Unreal. St. Hope and Change did not kill OBL, the Navy Seals did and I think they should be given the honor and respect that they deserve for doing so, (not that terrorism will now cease because of it), and stop acting like President Present did it all.

You want to give The One all the credit while you screech and holler about troops being over there in the first place. Well, guess what, OBL wouldn't have been killed if we didn't send troops over there in the first place. Can't have it both ways. So, if you want to credit His Majesty for the killing, you need to give credit to the one who sent the troops there in the first place. Of course, you can't do that because you are blinded by your hatred for anything Republican.

And in response to something written way back...maybe on the first page...I vote Republican and I certainly DO NOT want the government to help me out. What I want the government to do is get their slimy little hands OUT of my affairs.

St. Hope and Change's accomplishments? Yes, there are many. He has managed to become elected based only on the fact that some people in this country are apologists and don't realize that voting for someone because he's black while calling everyone else who doesn't vote for him a "racist" actually illustrates exactly how racist those people who voted for him based on skin color alone really are. I like to call them, "guilt" votes.

How is that an accomplishment? Lets me know that we are not as open and moving towards harmonious relations with every one of every race in this country as I was hoping we were.

He has managed to bail out banks, auto companies, etc and has totally screwed up the economy. And before any of you go screaming about "Bush" "W" again, keep in mind that the Dems controlled Congress and THEN the economy started to tank....oh, but I guess we forget that part, conveniently. So much easier to blame "McChimpy" for everything, isn't it?

The stock market is grossly exaggerated...and we're going to see the effects in the near future.

Let's see, gas prices are through the roof now.

I didn't get a stimulus check from this president. People I know who did get a "stimulus"? It was a total, a whopping total of $9. Wow, that's awesome.

Despite all the insane amounts of money spent to "create jobs", more people are out of work. Where I just came from, the state of FL, in Miami, the unemployment rate is 13%. Great job! I'm so impressed!

I will hand him one thing...he did get more people interested, somewhat, in politics. Granted, a lot of them fail to do any sort of research about who they are voting for, just going with the herd, but at least they are no longer sitting back and saying, "Who cares?" It's a small teensy tiny step but it's a step in the right direction. Even if some people voted for him simply because, "I like the way he looks". That's not made up, I heard that straight from the mouth of several people. Still, at least they knew there was a presidential election going on...which is more than I can say for them for the years before.

He's also accomplished having more people demand, DEMAND to be taken care of with free housing, free cars, free gas, etc. Everyone wants a bail out now. I'm sure you haven't forgotten the video of the woman who claimed Obama was going to buy her a house? Or the college student who wanted a bail out? Those are not isolated incidents, although they made the news, there's a lot of people out there who think they're just going to be handed everything. Some of them are starting to wake up, thankfully.

In fact, there's an entire website based on just that called "I'm Sorry I Voted For Obama". LOL! Seriously, go look it up. I'm not making it up, it exists.

Yes, I was upset that he won. Yes, I've been less than pleased with things he's done. Yes, I'm still waiting for this spectacular president 52% of the people promised. So far, I haven't seen a thing spectacular.

So, while some of you out there are getting ready to type out, angrily, that I won't like anything Obama does simply because I vote Republican, I want you to look back and ask yourself how many times have you continued, CONTINUED to harp on President Bush...still, to this day, as if that is your "get out of debate free" card.

Alrighty then, I've said my piece...peace out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 11:54 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by handog View Post
Obamanomics isn’t working ! But then again he wasn’t voted in because of his past leadership roles. He has none to speak of other than community organizer. He was elected by a guilt ridden society desperate to prove they were not racist.

“Osama’s “stimulus” has actually undermined the economy’s recovery — while leaving us (thus far) $666 billion deeper in debt.”

Obama Economists Admit: 'Stimulus' Cost $278,000 per Job...
Good lord. Could you throw any more outdated, wrong talking points in there? How about some original ideas? I certainly didn't vote for Obama out of guilt.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:08 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
If ever there was a thread that shows conservatives really are starting to believe Obama is going to win, this is it. The stench of fear in this thread is quite palpable.

I've noticed as November 2012 comes closer and the poll numbers stay about the same, the threads get more and more outlandish. It's okay, Republicans. There's always 2016.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:24 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Well, he wasn't in a cave and was able to comm with his operatives, so, the President ordered an operation to kill him. Do you disagree that was a good idea? Or is the hatred for Obama so great that even something like killing America's #1 enemy must be marginalized?

Odummy had no clue where he was and only learned where he was because of information collected in Iraq and a secret CIA prison in Poland. Oclueless called Iraq the wrong war and closed the CIA prisons in Poland and Romania. The Pakistanis have been playing us, and Odimwit would still be chasing his tail were Bush's policies not in place years ago.

WikiLeaks: Bin Laden's courier 'trained 9/11 hijack team' - Telegraph

Old 07-04-2011, 12:29 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,672,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
So, by that metric, all of Obama's accomplishments will be seen as a failure by you because you disagree with the ideas upon which those actions were taken. There is no point in continuing the discussion.

As an independent thinker, not betrothed to a camp of "leftists" or "rightists", I can certainly see a number of extraordinary accomplishments within the actions of President Obama, just as I could see a number of accomplishments in the actions of President Bush. It would take someone completely detached from reality to not see how he stopped our economy from a freefall and got it growing again, how he created landmark healthcare legislation that ensure people do not suffer simply for being poor (Christ is on his side on that one), how he has taken the reins on a floundering war on terrorism and dominated the enemy, and how he has ended a frivolous war while liberating homosexuals.

Extraordinary achievements by any measure.
Extraordinary, that isn't exactly what I said when my new health care insurance premium tripled this year, but we have to support his buddies so what the heck. Hopefully, he will be sent home soon as the working people can't afford him.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:34 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
I don't get the point of this post - he wasn't in a cave somewhere out of communication. So, Obama's predessor did not do his job on this front.

Those of you who think Obama had nothing to do with killing Usama are really trying to rewrite history in profound ways to serve your agenda. Obama was the one who ordered the CIA to re-prioritize the hunt for UBL. Obama was the one who called for a surge in Afghanistan. Obama was the one, against popular opinion, to expand the theater into Pakistan. He was involved on a regular basis in the planning and execution of the operation and gave the final order.

What more do you want a president to do - pull the trigger?!?

"I don't get the point of this post"

Yet you went right ahead and posted a response as though you did.

"The file suggests that the courier’s identity was provided to the US by another key source, the al-Qaida facilitator Hassan Ghul, who was captured in Iraq in 2004 and interrogated by the CIA. Ghul was never sent to Guantanamo but was believed to have been taken to a prison in Pakistan."

"The CIA gained crucial information confirming the role of al-Kuwaiti from two inmates at Guantanamo Bay – Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Abu Faraj al-Libi."

WikiLeaks: Bin Laden's courier 'trained 9/11 hijack team' - Telegraph

Old 07-04-2011, 02:07 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,525,380 times
1. He destroyed the Clinton Political Machine - Driving a stake thru the heart of Hillary’s Presidential aspirations - something that no Republican was ever able to do. Remember when a Hillary Presidency scared the daylights out of you !

2. He killed off the Kennedy Dynasty - No more Kennedys trolling Washington looking for booze and women wanting rides home. American women and Freedom are safer today !

3. He is destroying the Democratic Party before our eyes!
Dennis Moore had never lost a race - quit.
Evan Bayh had never lost a race - quit.
Byron Dorgan had never lost a race - quit.
Harry Reid - will soon to be GONE.

These are just a handful of the Democrats whose political careers Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama) has destroyed! By the end of 2012, dozens more will be gone. In December of 2008, the Democrats were on the rise. In the last two election cycles, they had picked up 14 senate seats and 52 house seats. The press was touting the death of the Conservative Movement and the Republican Party.

In just two years, Obama put a stop to all of this and gave the House, back to the Republicans.

4. He has completely exposed liberals and progressives for what they are. Every Generation seems to need to re-learn the lesson on why they should never actually put liberals in charge. He is bringing home the lesson very well. Liberals tax, borrow and spend.

5. Liberals won’t bring themselves to protect America. Liberals want to take over the economy. Liberals think they know what is best for everyone. Liberals aren’t happy till they are running YOUR life.

He has brought more Americans back to conservatism than anyone since Reagan. In one year, he has rejuvenated the Conservative movement and brought out to the streets millions of Freedom Loving Americans. Name me one other time in your life that you saw your friends and neighbors this interested in taking back America !

6. His amazing leadership has sparked the greatest period of sales of firearms and ammunition this country has seen. Law abiding citizens have rallied and have provided a “stimulus” to the sporting goods field while other industries have failed, faded or moved off-shore.

7. In all honesty, tow years ago I was more afraid than I have been in my life. Not of the economy, but of the direction our country was going. I thought Americans had forgotten what this country was all about. My neighbors, friends and strangers proved to me that my lack of confidence of the Greatness and Wisdom of the American people was flat wrong.

8. When the American People wake up, no smooth talking teleprompter reader can fool them! Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama) woke up these Great Americans!

Again, I want to say,“Thank You Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama) !”

This is exactly the kind of hope and change we desperately needed !

“If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you’re not a racist, you’ll need to vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you’re not an idiot.”

Old 07-04-2011, 02:24 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
I can't begin to tell you how transparent this is becoming. Why have people abandoned situational awareness? The left says conservatives are racists on Koolaid, while the right is becoming uber finatical in their effort to fight the daily hypocrisy, and EVERYONE is talking like robo-zombies.

Where does everyone go to copy their parties talking points? Why KINKOS of course!

Quote:
There are some legitimate charges against Obama in there, but many that aren't true at all. The quoted post is profoundly inaccurate. Obama did end combat operations in Iraq (he promised to be as careful getting out as we were careless getting in) and he promised to increase the war in Afghanistan (which he also did).
SOME legitimate charges? You just became a prime example of my original post. I don't know where to start. This is like being Michael Moore at a Chicago buffet!!!

"Obama did end combat operations in Iraq"- Really?

Overall, 201 US troops have died in Afghanistan this year (there have been 79 deaths for other NATO member forces), which already makes this year the third deadliest of the 10-year war (there were 499 US deaths last year and 317 in 2009).

The war being over is in words only.

Quote:
The poster does not understand the core purpose of stimulus, which was to provide temporary jobs to carry people through a tough period until the markets could recover. I know many people on stimulus jobs who would be unemployed right now. The bigger problem is that the private sector hasn't picked up as quickly as hoped because so many people remain in debt (their own volition, not government created).
I just too dum to undurstands it all.

The stimulus was mainly used to fund union and public sector labor. In other words the states stole the money to help cover their unfunded debts. Mostly going to retirement funds. As an example, Los Angelas was given $110M in stimulous.

Wendy Greuel: Audit of Federal Stimulus Funds in Los Angeles Shows $111 Million in ARRA Grants Has Only Created 55 Jobs

It wasn't used to provide infrastructure jobs as was the case during the Great (now smaller) Depression. My understanding of the stimulous is based on situational awareness, not ideolgical talking points.

The President finally admitted (laughing) that his shovel ready jobs weren't so shovel ready. Wasn't it the right saying he was wrong and this isn't going to work? YES! And the left still has the nerve to say he's created a surplus of jobs, even after he admits he hasn't.

Trained well you are.

Quote:
Cash for Clunkers was actually very successful, providing a shot of car sales during a period when the auto industry was struggling profoundly. Now, domestic companies are reporting significant profits. So, all around the work with the auto industry was very successful.
Successful at taking another $8k per car and giving it to the middle upper class or people who couldn't have qualified or afford a new car, perpetuating still more debt.

Successful at getting millions of part rich cars destroyed when they should have been parted out or reasold to people who could little afford the $20-35,000 price tag of a new car, even with the $8k that most lower/middle class people in need couldn't qualify for. At least this would have benefitted the people who needed the help.

The car copmpanies got millions of cars off the road that would have been competing for sales in future years. The majority of people just got totally screwed on a delayed timer.

So the people who little needed it, traded in their 3-4-5 year old cars and took $8k from you and I. Great for the car companies, but a completely artificial benefit paid for by people who couldn't even buy the cars they were paying for.

Quote:
I'm not even sure where the VP attack comes from. Biden's got a mouth, but overall he's been pretty solid on foreign policy experience.

YouTube - ‪Joe Biden drunk on campaign trail - NOT a joke video (by John Raytheon)‬‏

How many Vice Presidents can you name that have uttered four letter expletives, numerous times, in public? "This is a big f'n deal!"

ONE

Foreign Policy? Please explain which foriegn policy that would be?

Pajamas Media "When even the pages of the Huffington Post are excoriating Barack Obama’s foreign policy, you know the commander in chief is in some pretty serious trouble."

Quote:
I won't go through them all, but the fact that the poster is complaining about breaking archaic British royalty protocol accidentally (and very minorly) reveals all we need to know. The person is simply against our president and looking for any excuse to be negative about him.
I'm against incompetence. You don't seem to understand the difference between a smooth talker and following through on what you speak. The Presidency is viewed as a joke in much of the world (Bush's fault I know) and most of us can't tell where Bush ended and Obama started. I would have loved all of his policies to play out as he said they would. Have they?

Please, just a YES or NO answer to this question.

He put together an unbiased team of financial wizards to tell him how to fix our woes. He thought they'd tell him he was doing a great job, but when they came back and said we are on a course to disaster, he ignored them. As I stated before, how much does this guy have to fail before you'll admit he's a failure. (apparently never).

We need less long winded excuses explaining away how great this man is. By all outward appearances he's just another elitist with an agenda for his friends and a punishment for anyone else.

Happy Independence Day EVERYONE!

Last edited by steven_h; 07-04-2011 at 03:09 PM..

Old 07-04-2011, 02:25 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Pot meet kettle.
Just rolling along like the LEFTIST world!!

Old 07-04-2011, 02:46 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
This is not a joke, what are some of his accomplishments? I can't think of a president who did so little in almost 4 years, it is almost like everything is worse than it was 3 years ago. Unemployment is going up again, even after spending all this money, on what? Barrack Hussein Abdul Nobama, almost 4 years in power, 0 accomplishments!
Wow, those sour grapes must be especially bad. President Obama has done plenty, including getting bin Laden. Finding and killing bin Laden was an achievement that by itself trumps anything done by a Pub president in at least the last 40 years. You are way off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies