Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Obamacare 23 37.10%
Libya's war 3 4.84%
Guantanamo still open 7 11.29%
Auto bailout 1 1.61%
Wall Street bailout 4 6.45%
EPA Regulations 1 1.61%
Labor attacks against Boeing 4 6.45%
Israel criticized 1 1.61%
To give money to Brazil to develop their oil, but not our oil 3 4.84%
Other 15 24.19%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 09:26 AM

181 posts, read 339,037 times

Advertisements

Cash For Clunkers...used car prices up 30% since 2008....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 09:27 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
ah well, I can agree that perspective is the central issue...

I can give explination all day long on how the predecessor was ill treated, and you can do the same with the current occupant but at the end of the day the result is the same.

Obama made a promise. He has failed to live up to the promise. He failed. You have given no quarter to The Predecessor, please explain why I should?
Please do. Pick a topic, and if you want to stick with uniter/divider, even better.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:28 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Another troll thread trying to pass itself off as a poll.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:07 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDollie View Post
Cash For Clunkers...used car prices up 30% since 2008....
Correlation is not causation.

Quote:
From here:
Cars between one and five years old are worth about 30 percent more now than just six months ago, according to the National Auto Auction Association.

Analysts say low supplies and high demand are behind the soaring used-car values.
Buyers are looking for better gas mileage and see a used car as more affordable than a new car, Peterson said.
If the cause was the "Cash for Clunkers" program:

1) prices would have been rising two years ago, when the program ended, and not six months ago.
2) Prices haven't been rising since 2008, according to this article.
3) the "Cash for Clunkers" program required one to trade in a low mileage car. This article said the demand is for high mileage cars.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:25 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,619,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It is illogical to believe that a person can change that for the better considering that insanity has an easier time to prevail. More so, if that person happens to be the reason so many get their knickers twisted in a wad and cry in pain. BTW, if race (or, more appropriately, color of the skin) weren't an issue, the post I responded to wouldn't have mentioned it.
You can't argue the fact that there was a sort of messianic fervor about him when he got elected. He was presented as some sort of savior. He has not accomplished anything he promised he would do so I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone would think he needs reelected.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
You can't argue the fact that there was a sort of messianic fervor about him when he got elected. He was presented as some sort of savior. He has not accomplished anything he promised he would do so I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone would think he needs reelected.
From the right wingers, yes there was. Can't debate about it. For the rest, perhaps you should go back and try to understand my post before responding to any.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:33 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Please do. Pick a topic, and if you want to stick with uniter/divider, even better.
Seriously, I would just rather stipulate that The Predesessor failed at uniting... as did the Postdesessor....

It's far more easy and less painful. I would lob bombs at liberals, you would retort in kind. We wouldnt get anywhere and in the end we would still have two presidents that promised to lower the rancor in Washington who failed to deliver.

The good news for me is, your guy is the one we will be voting on. The bad news for you is my guy cant be voted on anymore.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
From the right wingers, yes there was. Can't debate about it. For the rest, perhaps you should go back and try to understand my post before responding to any.

My dear internet friend... you have every freedom to deny that there was a messianic fervor from the left associated with Mr. Obama all you want.

You also have every freedom to deny the sky is blue and assert the moon is made of green cheese.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Seriously, I would just rather stipulate that The Predesessor failed at uniting... as did the Postdesessor....

It's far more easy and less painful. I would lob bombs at liberals, you would retort in kind. We wouldnt get anywhere and in the end we would still have two presidents that promised to lower the rancor in Washington who failed to deliver.

The good news for me is, your guy is the one we will be voting on. The bad news for you is my guy cant be voted on anymore.
You wanted to discuss something? Like that uniter versus divider thingy? Or, you would rather avoid such discussions?

Old 07-07-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
You wanted to discuss something? Like that uniter versus divider thingy? Or, you would rather avoid such discussions?

No. I wanted to point out that Obama promised to be post partisan. He has failed to deliver on the point.

You seemed intent on deflecting the point and suggesting he was thwarted by republicans thus shifting blame to them for his failure at post partisanship.

I pointed out that the Predecessor also made similar claims (using more quaint language) and those on the left refused to accept blame for his failure.

If there is a point of discussion here, it centers around the apparent hypocrisy from the left on the point.

Further I would humbly suggest that this is one of those cases where liberals set the ground rules and are now having difficulty living with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies