Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 12:37 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,068,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Fairness depends upon the eye of the beholder. If rich people should pay more than poor people because they have more money, shouldn't people with great health insurance have to pay more to help those with less generous plans?

I'd love to see the response if it is mandated that govt and union workers with better than average insurance have to pay an income tax based on the value of their health plans (currently a family BC/BS plan costs over 20K a year) to help those without a generous plan get better coverage.

Do you think they'll be in favor of it?
No way, jose'!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 12:38 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,472,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Just what is fairness?
A very good question, that nobody has bothered to address.

"Fair" is a completely subjective word, like "justice", which can mean absolutely anything you want it to mean. The ambiguous nature of the word is why it is so popular amoung the liberal freaks.

Everyone has their own opinion as to what is "fair" and what is not "fair." As a result, whenever a left-winger spews out the word "fair" everyone has a different idea of what they mean.

Quote:
Is fairness taking jobs away from poor uneducated people who are willing to work hard and sending those jobs to China, India just so the American owners can become multi millionaires instead of just millionaires?
Is it fair for liberal freaks ruin the economy of the nation to the point where a businesses are forced to send jobs to China, India, and elsewhere so that American business owners can make a profit?

Is it fair for businesses to keep their jobs in the US and go bankrupt?

Quote:
Is fairness hiring low pay immigrants to do construction jobs that were done by hard working Americans for slightly more pay?

Is fairness hiring non legal migrant workers for less pay that American workers?
Is it fair that liberal freaks (including Bush) flat out refuse to enforce existing immigration laws?

Quote:
If your unhappy hearing about fairness how about not buying foreign made goods so Americans can get back to work and pay income taxes.

There are 10 million Americans out of work because other Americans are buying all the foreign made goods that wealthy businessmen import into the USA.

If you don't like that some people are on Welfare stop buying foreign goods that's the reason so many are on welfare.

We used to have a strong economy back in the 50's-60's when we made everything here. We gave that away because the Right told us it's a "Global Economy".

Hows that working out for our economy?
I will buy the best quality product for the best price. If that means buying foreign goods, then that is what I will buy. Is it fair to deprive me of the best quality product I can buy? Or is it fair to charge me more for a product made in the US, when I can pay less for a foreign product?

"Fair" works both ways, and the more liberal freaks use it the more it exposes their hypocrisy.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Yeah, like every millionaire/billionaire in this country truly "earned it" lol! What's not fair is to keep stacking the deck in favor of the rich, at the expense of the poor and middle classes. What's crazy is that the Republican politicians, who are purchased by corporations and the rich in order to keep stacking the deck in their favor, have convinced their base to keep voting against their own best self interest via fear campaigns (the dems will take away your guns, shove homosexuality down your throat, force abortions, etc...) Live will never be fair, but enough is enough. Tax cuts for the rich don't create good paying jobs and benefits for the average American! Roll back taxes to what they were when Reagan was president, at least!
Only if spending were cut to those levels as well.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:43 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,827,375 times
I think it would have been perfectly fair to be born into a family that could have afforded me the best of schools and very generous allowance until I inherited the fortune. Now that would have been fair but happend to hundreds of thousands of others but not me. That is not fair. Never has been and never will. The only truth is "them that has, gets more."

Old 04-25-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
"

We are the ones who prepared ourselves and made ourselves recession proof.

Same people that destroyed the economy for everyone else.

Most people can make money if they do not care how they got it.
Nah.

Most people couldn't make a buck if they had to just bend over and pick it up.

They would rather whine about it not being handed to them.

I've never done anything illegal, immoral or unethical to make a living. Nor would I.

I regret your insinuation that people who work hard and prepare are thieves.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
Our economy has nothing to do with "fairness". Never was and never meant to be. It's only since the Progressives have emerged in society that "fairness" has been injected into the economy through "social engineering" that has nothing to do with capitalism.

We have equality of of opportunity, particularly in the last 50 years since the social engineering through government programs that give preferential treatment in both government and the private sector which give minorities automatic preferential consideration in jobs, business, and government.

It's time to judge everyone on the content of their character, and the accomplishments in their efforts in life, rather than the color of their skin.
It's the last card in the deck for the left.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:46 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,987,405 times
Glitch:" Fair" is a completely subjective word, like "justice", which can mean absolutely anything you want it to mean."

Very true, and quite similar to "Hope and Change", an absolutely meaningless catchphrase each can construe as they see fit!

Old 04-25-2011, 12:48 PM

17,403 posts, read 11,991,419 times
Quote:
Just what is fairness?
Is fairness taking jobs away from poor uneducated people who are willing to work hard and sending those jobs to China, India just so the American owners can become multi millionaires instead of just millionaires?

Is fairness hiring low pay immigrants to do construction jobs that were done by hard working Americans for slightly more pay?

Is fairness hiring non legal migrant workers for less pay that American workers?

If your unhappy hearing about fairness how about not buying foreign made goods so Americans can get back to work and pay income taxes.

There are 10 million Americans out of work because other Americans are buying all the foreign made goods that wealthy businessmen import into the USA.

If you don't like that some people are on Welfare stop buying foreign goods that's the reason so many are on welfare.

We used to have a strong economy back in the 50's-60's when we made everything here. We gave that away because the Right told us it's a "Global Economy".

Hows that working out for our economy?
Hmmmm, nowhere in there do I see the massive over-regulation that is strangling american businesses. Or the out-of-control costs of union wages. Or the taxes, conveniently called fees, that are put on everything a consumer buys.

Must be so easy to see through those rose-colored glasses. Because all welfare would end if we would just buy american. Can you explain exactly how that would happen? Would women stop having children by 10 different men? Would drug addicts suddenly become law abiding, hard working americans?

Old 04-25-2011, 12:49 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,455,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It's the last card in the deck for the left.

Make up your damn mind! You started this whine alleging it was the first card in the deck

Old 04-25-2011, 12:49 PM

17,403 posts, read 11,991,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Business owners don't create wealth. Consumers create wealth.
Consumers spend money to buy goods. The amount they pay is no guarantee of the profitability of the business they're buying from.

Business owners control that. By selling more than they produce for, they can create wealth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies