Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 11:50 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Here's the post I'm looking for from a birther: "I was wrong. The facts were there from the beginning but my rage against the president blinded me to reality and made me susceptible to the lies of charlatans. I am deeply sorry for my un-American lack of patriotism and for supporting these distractions when this country is going through so much."
Sure. That will come right after the post from Obama supporters who admit "I was wrong. Though I have supported him from the beginning, I am ready to admit that Obama is a horrible president and am ready to stop blaming Bush". There comes a time that people believe so strongly about something that they will never admit they were wrong, even if they are surrounded by mountains of evidence that they are. It comes from both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 11:50 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
http://thedailyvoice.com/voice/images/davidduke-confederate.jpg (broken link)

It was only honest Americans wanting to see his birth certificate!!!...

Old 04-27-2011, 11:51 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
No, he shouldn't have ever given any validation to those early radicals who questioned his proven credentials. They were wrong and still are.

Once Trump started manipulating Republicans by using as a reality TV publicity stunt, then the smart move was to shut it down because it had grown too absurd for its own good.

Here's the post I'm looking for from a birther: "I was wrong. The facts were there from the beginning but my rage against the president blinded me to reality and made me susceptible to the lies of charlatans. I am deeply sorry for my un-American lack of patriotism and for supporting these distractions when this country is going through so much."
I'm not answering for Birthers because I am not
one. And, I don't feel un American at all, or even
less patriotic, for wanting to see the original
birth certificate, to put this matter to rest. I am
satisfied with what I saw. There should never be
anything wrong with the American people questioning
their government. When they stop asking questions
and demanding answers is when I would get
very nervous.

Once again, I will say I made a typo: It's 38 percent at present that believed Obama was born INSIDE the US.

And, that is why he finally released it. It was no longer
just a fringe movement.

I've said on another thread, If I was running/was President
I'd have no problem presenting my long form birth
certificate, whether it be one citizen that wanted to
see it, or 300M. Just don't ask to see my bedroom
closet - it's a real mess

Old 04-27-2011, 11:54 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
This issue was settled a long time ago when Obama released the official birth certificate for Hawaii. Birthers were just too stupid to understand and comprehend little things such as the law and legal documents.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:54 AM

26,577 posts, read 14,444,771 times
i completely forgot about the jerome corsi book coming out next month

Obama trumps book on birth certificate - Political Bookworm - The Washington Post

well....... it does answer the question on wether the birther movement is dead.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:55 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You are so wrong, I can not say it enough.

The "ORIGINAL" certified certificate of live birth IS the
legal document that confirms a live birth - with the
signature of the doctor/midwife/whoever delivers a baby.

The abstract certificate/certification of live birth is a legal document that merely ascertains that the ORIGINAL DOES EXIST IN VITAL RECORDS in the state an US citizen was born in.

I know those that have been defending Obama for posting the abstract COLB these past few years, have harped on this argument, and used it as such to defend Obama,
are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

Folks like Anderson Cooper have lost credibility
as a Journalist for stating the same argument.

Anyone that was born in the 1960's knows that the long
form is what you presented to get a S.S.
card, a passport, whatever. The fact that now in
our electronic age, States have decided to give
folks an Abstract for Identification purposes, does not,
will not, ever be a replacement for the "original" legal
proof of birth.

So be thankful, your President finally released the
"real original certificate of live birth" and realize
your argument was wrong, wrong, wrong

Oh, and thank you Mr. Trump
I think you misread my statement. Plus, last time I checked the 1960's is not now...

The CURRENT law in HAWAII does NOT RECONIZE the long form certificate as an OFFICIAL STATE document ANYMORE.

In the 1960's, you were probably right, but guess what, it is not the 1960's.

Seriously, how about you read up on the "Full Faith and Credit" clause of the Constitution before you patronize someone. If Hawaii says the short form is the only legal birth certificate for that state currently, then ALL states must reconize it...and that means wherever you live too.

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly
Sure. That will come right after the post from Obama supporters who admit "I was wrong. Though I have supported him from the beginning, I am ready to admit that Obama is a horrible president and am ready to stop blaming Bush". There comes a time that people believe so strongly about something that they will never admit they were wrong, even if they are surrounded by mountains of evidence that they are. It comes from both sides.
Whether or not Obama is "a horrible president" is a matter of opinion which isn't the same thing as admitting you were wrong about factual matters that have now been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
No, he shouldn't have ever given any validation to those early radicals who questioned his proven credentials. They were wrong and still are.

Once Trump started manipulating Republicans by using as a reality TV publicity stunt, then the smart move was to shut it down because it had grown too absurd for its own good.

YouTube - LEAVE BARACK ALONE!

Old 04-27-2011, 11:57 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
The difference is that not all who support Obama have indulged in the Bush blaming. You are trying to imply that to support Obama you have to agree with everything about Obama, and be negative about Bush. The truth is that many people who support Obama are unhappy about certain aspects of his administration. The truth is that many people who voted for Obama and still support him were relatively neutral about Bush. So, no, your comparison is not valid. A birther had a specific belief. You didn't become a birther just by disagreeing with Presidential policies. You became a birther by believing that his Hawaiian birth certificate was invalid.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:57 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I think his timing was perfect....to knock Trump out of serious consideration for a candidate. Trump recently claimed the document doesn't exist and "he is shocked by what his investigators are finding in Hawaii" and now---no matter how he tries to spin it---he's got egg on his face having been caught in an outright lie. The document does exist and there is nothing shocking on it. Now, when Trump moves on to demanding college transcripts he's going to look like a first class, stupid jerk-ass.
Trump is just getting started. He feels that the pressure he put on was the reason the President finally came out with it. Obama even says that the controversy was over shaddowing other things he wanted to talk about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies