Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 11:15 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
yep, Trump has redefined "trumped up"...

"I was told my someone that the long form DOESN'T exist"

trump is a born loser
I'm glad someone got the double meaning of my statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 11:15 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I think Trump is playing one of two games with all this nonsense:

1. It's just another publicity stunt that keeps his name in headlines and his face on the tube.

2. He's deliberately using this birther baloney to make the GOP look bad.

It should be clear to all that he's too clever to be serious about any of this.
I sort of agree. Another possibility is that in power Republicans wanted to egg him on to do this, to make the "new guys" look bad, and hopefully shut up. With a large new group entering the party, fresh from their primary education received from bloggers and forwarded emails, it reminds of something.

Caddyshack. Where Rodney Dangerfield got membership in the esteemed country club. Who let this guy in?????

We're a big tent allright, but somebody should have closed the flaps at night

Old 04-27-2011, 11:16 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You are so wrong, I can not say it enough.

The "ORIGINAL" certified certificate of live birth IS the
legal document that confirms a live birth - with the
signature of the doctor/midwife/whoever delivers a baby.

The abstract certificate/certification of live birth is a legal document that merely ascertains that the ORIGINAL DOES EXIST IN VITAL RECORDS in the state an US citizen was born in.

I know those that have been defending Obama for posting the abstract COLB these past few years, have harped on this argument, and used it as such to defend Obama,
are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

Folks like Anderson Cooper have lost credibility
as a Journalist for stating the same argument.

Anyone that was born in the 1960's knows that the long
form is what you presented to get a S.S.
card, a passport, whatever. The fact that now in
our electronic age, States have decided to give
folks an Abstract for Identification purposes, does not,
will not, ever be a replacement for the "original" legal
proof of birth.

So be thankful, your President finally released the
"real original certificate of live birth" and realize
your argument was wrong, wrong, wrong

Oh, and thank you Mr. Trump
The short form is perfectly adequate, and has been for anyone born in the 1960's to get a social security card, a passport, a drivers license, whatever. The federal government has not had any problem accepting short forms.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:16 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,145,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You are so wrong, I can not say it enough.

The "ORIGINAL" certified certificate of live birth IS the
legal document that confirms a live birth - with the
signature of the doctor/midwife/whoever delivers a baby.

The abstract certificate/certification of live birth is a legal document that merely ascertains that the ORIGINAL DOES EXIST IN VITAL RECORDS in the state an US citizen was born in.

I know those that have been defending Obama for posting the abstract COLB these past few years, have harped on this argument, and used it as such to defend Obama,
are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

Folks like Anderson Cooper have lost credibility
as a Journalist for stating the same argument.

Anyone that was born in the 1960's knows that the long
form is what you presented to get a S.S.
card, a passport, whatever. The fact that now in
our electronic age, States have decided to give
folks an Abstract for Identification purposes, does not,
will not, ever be a replacement for the "original" legal
proof of birth.

So be thankful, your President finally released the
"real original certificate of live birth" and realize
your argument was wrong, wrong, wrong

Oh, and thank you Mr. Trump

I started out trying to prove that the people who thought he was ineligible were wrong.
Ended up seeing why there could be doubt and on their side. I hope it's absolutely real
but I don't think more of the President, the one who's supposed to bring us all together,
for not being more understanding of some American citizen's fears that we might being duped. And to call it "silliness" just shows he's always looking down on people and judging from a great height. I knew from everything I'd read that he could get his birth certificate if he wanted and he knew it too. So divisive. So unnecessary. So disrespectful. So NOT the way a statesman would have handled it. So NOT how a leader of a free people would handle his business. He would be much more at home as a dictator or king where he wouldn't have to answer to the puny, silly "masses".

Old 04-27-2011, 11:17 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Why waste space with such a childish and stupid post? Seriously...........come on buddy! You want to talk about the facts let's talk about the facts regarding this puppet President. Liberal......conservative...........democrat...... republican......blah blah blah. Americans like yourself are so clueless as to who controls this country and the world. You're clueless to the cabal that has you by your balls and keeps you grabbing your ankles. I could care less about Obama's birth certificate. The people that control our government and put Obama into office have assassinated two Presidents for going against them........do you really think they are above creating a fake document? LOL You must really be naive. Do you still believe in the easter bunny and santa claus?

Your post was complete with the first sentence.

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Why don't you throw down that race card a couple more, times, I don't thing it's worn out enough. It was speculated that he wasn't born in the US before his presidency, all he had to do was show it then and be done with it. It seems from your posts that anti Obama = anti black. I could care less that he's black, I care that he's a horrible president. The fact that he's in that office in the first place proves your racism argument to be BS.
You're entitled to your opinion of what type of president that he is. Many people have felt that way about presidents before him but detracting from real issues with idiotic conspiracy theories that were debunked a long time ago is a waste of time. He showed what he needed to to become POTUS a long time ago, don't like it, vote for someone else.

499 posts, read 405,346 times
They would.

Still technically correct, but...

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
I've never personally met anyone who honestly believed that Obama was born anywhere but Hawaii, I've met tons of people who honestly believe that 9/11 was an inside job...

Old 04-27-2011, 11:18 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,886,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Story developing so no links yet.

Maybe finally all this silliness will end.

I'm actually amazed he caved for people like Trump.

Update: Reporters were all given copies by the White House Press Secretary. Press conference at 0945 EST.

White House releases Obama’s birth certificate – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Silliness?
Having the President show proof of his country of birth is silliness?
Excuse me, but it's required by the U.S. Constitution! You think our Constitution is silly? That a President shouldn't need to prove his country of birth?

What's silly is Obama not presenting this certificate a long long time ago...it's his fault this thing has blown up to such a large proportion.
It does firmly establish one thing though: his grandmother is a liar. She said she witnessed his birth...in Kenya...

Bud

Old 04-27-2011, 11:19 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Seems to me he should have shown it to EVERYONE the minute the question was originally raised. He isn't a king or immune from the law....so it is his responsibility to show proper documentation. I can't get a job without out it....neither should he.

I'm not being anti-Obama. I think this holds regardless of who is running for any public office.
He did show to EVERYONE a perfectly valid birth certificate issued by the state of Hawaii when the question was originally raised. It was examined and verified. The state of Hawaii even had state officials issueing statements confirming its validity. It's not the President's fault that there were people who refused to accept its validity. It was a perfectly legal document.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies