Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 10:42 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanLeader View Post
Trump was the only one who could make Obama show his birth certificate. Trump is the only person that had the voice strong enough to stand up and pressure the Obama administration to show this document. Trumps strong voice and leadership would be great for America. We need people like Trump willing to stand up to the status quo.

Thank you Donald Trump for forcing Obama to be clear with America.
It just goes to show you THAT HE WAS ALREADY BEING CLEAR with America. He was already adhering to the COTUS and the requirements by the State Department.

The problem is the loons in this country think a different set of rules must apply to a black man with a funny name.

Now please, it would be nice if these uneducated, self appointed document experts would shut up already. I'd think they'd be quiet now since they've got egg on their face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 10:43 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I really hope so, but I'm not convinced. There are a lot of people that for whatever reason are still supporting Obama, and if the GOP puts a turd up against him (like they did with McCain) it could end badly. Personally I think the Dems should run someone else, a blue dog dem instead of Obama, but if the GOP flops like they did in 2008 they won't have to. I'll vote libertarian for Ron Paul either way, unless a promising candidate emerges.
The good thing is the Dems can't run another person with out splitting the party. Obama doesn't stand a remote chance IMO.

I am not accustomed to seeing Certificiates of Live Birth, but I have seen more than a few cencus forms, and never once have I seen any race being 'African'. I doubt highly 'African' is a race discription on any USA forms period. Would that term fit a white guy from South Africa then, as well as any black?

I don't think so.

As I said Africans come in all colors known to mankind, and the term African does not mean black or any other races from Africa.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:43 AM

72 posts, read 179,693 times
America is tired of career politicians. Thank you Donald Trump for helping America avoid distractions.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:46 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Well according to the news, the long term certificate, which was just released and reporters do have copies Sanrene, is NOT a legal Hawaii document anymore. So this long form doesn't do anything but sate conspiracy theorists.

The short form released over two years ago is the only certifiable Hawaiian citizenship document allowed.

I still bet people will not accept it as final though.
You are so wrong, I can not say it enough.

The "ORIGINAL" certified certificate of live birth IS the
legal document that confirms a live birth - with the
signature of the doctor/midwife/whoever delivers a baby.

The abstract certificate/certification of live birth is a legal document that merely ascertains that the ORIGINAL DOES EXIST IN VITAL RECORDS in the state an US citizen was born in.

I know those that have been defending Obama for posting the abstract COLB these past few years, have harped on this argument, and used it as such to defend Obama,
are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

Folks like Anderson Cooper have lost credibility
as a Journalist for stating the same argument.

Anyone that was born in the 1960's knows that the long
form is what you presented to get a S.S.
card, a passport, whatever. The fact that now in
our electronic age, States have decided to give
folks an Abstract for Identification purposes, does not,
will not, ever be a replacement for the "original" legal
proof of birth.

So be thankful, your President finally released the
"real original certificate of live birth" and realize
your argument was wrong, wrong, wrong

Oh, and thank you Mr. Trump

Old 04-27-2011, 10:47 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
America is tired of career politicians. Thank you Donald Trump for helping America avoid distractions.
You're new here, I suggest you check for duplicate threads before starting a new one....

Old 04-27-2011, 10:48 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
First of all, Obama had already shown his birth certificate. Years ago. The one that birthers dismissed as a forgery. Now that another birth certificate has been issued by the state of Hawaii, with more information on it at the President's request, the issue should be considered resolved.

As for helping America avoid distractions. This birth certificate IS the distraction. Donald Trump did not help America avoid a distraction, he capitalized on it, to distract conservatives from the many problems his potential GOP candidacy posed.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:49 AM

857 posts, read 2,002,894 times
Default Fox News' take on birth certificate

The top of the image is how NYT broke the news. Bottom half is Fox News.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:50 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Seems fair and balanced to me. Balanced with crazy that is.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:53 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,964 times
Seems accurate. There will be independant validation of the birth certificate for sure. Until then, what Fox wrote is accurate and laced wit hthe skepticism that journalists are supposed to how. The New Your tTimes continues to take everything the regime says at face value like the lapdog they are.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:53 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,525,552 times
Default Forget Birth Certificate; We want Obama's DNA!!!!!

Now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate, I fully expect the loony right wing to demand that he submit a sample of his DNA (preferably from his semen) so they can check whether he is actually a Homo sapiens and not a creature from outer space. He is not qualified to be POTUS until he presents such evidence!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies