Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 08:47 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,388,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Now...here is something I do not understand.

Just because I disagree with someone I do not call them names.

People disagree.

In fact, I think we all just know different things.

No one is REALLY smarter than someone eles.

Of course, what some know has more value.

Why call names???

Do you feel better about yourself??
Psychologists postulate that people who belittle others are in fact doing it to build up their own damaged egos so as to reinforce their false feeling(s) of superiority to overcompensate for their own feelings low self esteem. Such is life..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 08:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
“I’m really really proud that I was able to finally force Obama to do this. I’m honored. I’ve accomplished something really really important.”
-the donald

RealClearPolitics - Video - Trump Takes Credit For Obama Releasing A Birth Certificate
He is proud to make a fool of himself? He bought into the silliest conspiracy theory ever, and he is pround? LOL

And this guy says he wants to be the president?

Old 04-27-2011, 08:48 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,051,460 times
Why does everyone credit Trump for this?

If anything, this makes Trump (and the Birthers) look like idiots for questioning Obama's birth in the first place.

This makes Obama look better, even though those of us who are sane realized he was American to begin with.

31,387 posts, read 37,083,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
This is great for Donald Trump! Donald Trump forced the issue and made the most powerful man in the world, the President of the US, hold a press conference. Makes Donald look powerful and make Obama look incredibly weak.
Yes a huge victory! Absolutely stunning! Certain to go down in history as a momentous victory! A ****ing blow for Freedom™. Or something like that.

7,871 posts, read 10,139,326 times
So all of you cheering Trump in this just don't bother noticing that he was..um...completely WRONG?

LOL

Old 04-27-2011, 08:49 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I hope all, both Dems and Repubs, realize that this birth certificate release is all about politics and timing. Notice what topics right now are getting the most attention on this very board - Obama's birth certificate. This certainly helps to deflect from record high gas prices, the upcoming budget debate, the debt ceiling, and the continued high unemployment rates.

Remember, everything a politician does is about political strategy. If you really believe that his release was done due to media pressure, Trump, or anything else, that is quite naive. Additionally, if you believe that the concerns of Republicans about Obama's policies are no longer valid due to this release, you are equally naive.

This is about politics and deflection and nothing more. Try to get above the sensationalism and actually remember that we have very real concerns in this country right now and make a determination of if Obama is actually doing anything to help or hurt us during this time.

True enough.

While we are watching the shiny penny, the other hand (Bernake) is giving the Fed's first press conference with the bond market closing ahead of the scheduled meeting. Let's see what else is in the hat today.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:50 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,139,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
sure, many will peel off, but the people behind the movement will keep feeding the loons that will listen. this Corsi guy has a serious rewrite, I'm sure... as written that book is now worthless.

Hence Obama's timing.

This is a kick in the nuts to World Nut Daily.

52,692 posts, read 34,613,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I suppose you think Obama's hanging on to it for two years was an accident?

I said two years ago that he should hang onto it until it was to his advantage to release it.
link please.

31,387 posts, read 37,083,710 times
I voted no, I want this farce to continue.

7,993 posts, read 12,873,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
So all of you cheering Trump in this just don't bother noticing that he was..um...completely WRONG?

LOL
How was Donald wrong? He simply wanted Obama to show his birth certificate. That is what Obama did. Makes Donald look strong and makes Obama look like a puppet on a string. LMAO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies